Critical Strike Special Effect

morcius

Reaction score
I want to make a special efect after critical i used this trigger but it wont work

Code:
Untitled Trigger 002
    Events
        Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Critical Strike
    Actions
        Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the Attach Point - Weapon of (Triggering unit) using Abilities\Spells\Undead\DeathCoil\DeathCoilSpecialArt.mdl

HELP!

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
If you mean Critical Strike... the passive one, it won't work. Passive Skills aren't detected.

If you can't edit some Art - Effect in the object editor, then you have to trigger the whole ability.

Mapster

Reaction score
Try editing the art in the ability, if you can't make a triggered Critical Strike is what he meant.

A

AK-47Pirates

I tried messing with art for critical strike...nothing. I tried to make it so when a C.S. occurred, blood would come goozing out. But nothing worked for me in any of the art fields.

Magazette2

Reaction score
couldnt u use event

-unit starts the effect of an ability

because starting the effect of an ability isnt casting

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
As a general note, it works with abilities, autocast or otherwise, where the unit stops, casts the spell, then resumes its activities.
It does not work with spells that happen automatically without interrupting the unit.

Freezing Arrows for example doesn't trigger any events.
The arrows just happen as part of the actual attack.

Raise Dead, even on autocast, triggers the usual "starts the effet of",
because the unit actually stops whatever it is doing to cast it...

morcius

Reaction score
Ahhh sad to hear :(

Then can i make a skill then you use it makes a critical and special efect has coldown mana cost... ?

Nightshadow

Reaction score
I know...

Hey ehm... i sorta know... unfortuneatly it wont be like x2 the damage of the unit... but you can put in floating txt... ehm... im still newb so dont know exactly how to put that trigger stuff in...Ok..
make a new ability, basing it off of any damaging spell... then make another spell using item lightning damage bonus, kk, in that spell there is a field that says EFFECT ABILITY, add you;re previously made ability in there, okay now im not SURE this will work but it might... i wont see why not i sorta dislike blizzard they are impractical, especially with WoW, so it might not work, then make the same trigger you made last time, but this time, make the ability being cast = The FIRST ability you made(damaging one...) and do the actions from there... you can put in floating text reading the damage of youre 1st ability though... gl

morcius

Reaction score
Yes i will need luck i more like when someone explains me in triggers and other ways anyway i look tomorow .

Mapster

Reaction score
Take a look at that link i sent in my last post, that'll help you get it on track.

morcius

Reaction score
Yes i looked there then another post etc... and found "chocobos" [Tutorial] Damage Shown and Modifications i think thats what i need :cool:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.