Minigame Critter Race

How is this map?

• Total voters

prismpirate

Reaction score
Critter Race

Last Update: 1st August 2009 9pm
A 12 players, free for all, quick race to the end. Kill other critters or hinder them in your bid to kill the Ancient Protector at the end. Designed to provide some laughter filled moments of craziness.​

Instructions:​

Choose your desired critter model
Wait for the game to start
Use your spells to help you win the race

Time Taken: 1 minute
Repeat- You can unlock better critters and upgrades if you play often
Features
Included in this map are
  1. 40 Destructive Spells
  2. Dynamic Terrain
  3. Crazy Weather System
  4. Save/Load Code that allows you to continue from your last game
  5. Powerup System (Coming)
  6. More Race Tracks (Coming)
  7. Different Game Modes (Coming)

Change log
===========================================
++ Changelog

1st August (Late @ Night Bug Fix Version)
=========================================

####################
##Balance Changes:##
####################

*Tornados during the weather Wind now last for 10 seconds only.
*Reset Round Countdown increased from 5 to 10, allows more mayhem

##############
##Bug Fixes:##
##############

*Fixed a fatal error regarding nether ward.
*Fixed a serious flaw in the multiboard system. Now works correctly, but looks ugly.
*Fixed countdown going into negative
*Change Owner of Novice Tavern to Neutral Passive

1st August (Night)

#############
##Features:##
#############

*Introduced and reorganized many critters[1]
*Introduced powerup system. Runes now appear throughout the map.[2]

####################
##Balance Changes:##
####################

*Nerfed Windwalk. Does not give invisibility or damage but still gives 0 collision.
*Minimize is now 8 seconds, down from 15 seconds. Now turns critters into turtles
*Each Serpernt Ward now deal 10 damage instead of 23 previously
*Nerfed Volcano's ability to stun-lock a single critter for a long period of time
*Reduced Heat Seeking Missle's Mana Cost, Cooldown & Damage.
*Reduced Knockback on Forceblast by 500. Total knockback is now 500.

##############
##Bug Fixes:##
##############

*Fixed problems with multiboard
*Hopefully fixed problems with score not registering.
*Rewrote several GUI Triggers in vJass
*Fixed Several tooltips that were wrong
*Fixed Heat Seeking Missle not working properly
*Fixed Draw Detection
*Tornado has been removed for the time being due to fatal errors, finding fix ASAP.

############
##Details###
############

[1]Added an extra tavern.

Basic Tavern now stocks Sheep, Pig, Fel Boar, Dog, Raccoon, Rabbit, Rat, Seal, Frog, Skink, Crab and Dune Worm for free.

Novice Tavern now stocks Penguin, Chicken, Snow Owl and Sea Gull for 10 rank, Scout, Avatar of Vengeance, Bear and Autumn Tree for 20 rank.

[2]Runes appear once every 10 seconds around the map. Runes include:

Haste: Increases movement speed by 200% for 5 seconds
Invisibility: Turns the critter Invisible for 10 seconds.
Dizzy: Makes everyone's camera sway for 10 seconds.
Instant Heal: Heals 200 hp instantly
Mana Restoration: Heals 200 mana instantly
Regeneration: Heals 50 mana and hp per second for 10 seconds. Dispels on Attack.
Slow: Slows all critters on the map for 5 seconds.
Progress
The map is almost done, but there are still a few things I need to iron out.

1. Balancing- Fixed many bugs, hope they're eliminated. People please try them and comment.
  2. Weather- Done, need suggestions on more weathers.
  3. Critters - Again, too lazy to add more critters. Will do so by today
  4. Powerups, Different Race Courses and Game Modes- Coming soon

Screenshots

Christmas Presents!
34zm25c.jpg

Eruption
swr9mr.jpg

Rushing Through The Snow
2qbexky.jpg

Mayhem
m7vpck.jpg

Recruiting:

• JASSer: Optimizing triggers and help coding spells.
  • Terrainer: Although terrain is dynamically generated in my map, future race tracks will have fixed terrain, meaning it has to be well terrained.
  • Beta Testers: People to report bugs and comment on any flaws of the map.
  • Artist: I need a loading & Preview Screen

Attachments

• Critter Race Beta.w3x
    435.1 KB · Views: 261

Jun

Reaction score
Suggestion (A little advanced, but you can just ignore this.)

How about you make a trigger text :
The weather seems to have gotten windy...

It should be a little more harder to win...

Then make a buff on the critters making them slow down, and change the weather condition to rainy or something.

:)

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Totally entertaining and funny xD The spells are so cool and fun :D
Would be cool if you removed/fixed Life Drain, is useless from what I know (doesn't even drain life). And Volcano can pretty much stun-lock the enemies 0_o

prismpirate

Reaction score
I will fix the two. Its hard keeping track of spells. What do you mean by changing weather to rainy?

Update: I'm learning how to use Structs and Timers at the moment to fix some MUI bugs, so the update will be later tonight.

Update 2: Its not 24 hours yet, so I'm posting here again. Released a new map update, working towards powerups and more critters by tomorrow. People please download and comment. Games last ~ 1 min.

prismpirate

Reaction score
If you downloaded the map please comment.

Big update to map, received positive response when hosting it. Will try to get screenshots, although I got lost in the fun.

In short, I added more critters, balanced a few spells, improved trigger efficiency and added a powerup system. Will be polishing for the next few versions. Screenshots will be uploaded shortly.

Changelog:
Critter Race Beta: 1st August (Night)
Features:
*Introduced and reorganized many critters[1]
*Introduced powerup system. Runes now appear throughout the map.[2]

Balance Changes:
*Nerfed Windwalk. Does not give invisibility, but still gives collision and damage.
*Minimize is now 8 seconds, down from 15 seconds. Now turns critters into turtles
*Each Serpernt Ward now deal 10 damage instead of 23 previously
*Nerfed Volcano's ability to stun-lock a single critter for a long period of time
*Reduced Heat Seeking Missle's Mana Cost, Cooldown & Damage.
*Reduced Knockback on Forceblast by 500. Total knockback is now 500.

============================================
Bug Fixes:
============================================
*Fixed problems with multiboard
*Hopefully fixed problems with score not registering.
*Rewrote several GUI Triggers in vJass
*Fixed Several tooltips that were wrong
*Fixed Heat Seeking Missle not working properly
*Fixed Draw Detection
*Tornado has been removed for the time being due to fatal errors, finding fix ASAP.
==============================================
Details
==============================================
[1]Added an extra tavern.

Basic Tavern now stocks Sheep, Pig, Fel Boar, Dog, Raccoon, Rabbit, Rat, Seal, Frog, Skink, Crab and Dune Worm for free.

Novice Tavern now stocks Penguin, Chicken, Snow Owl and Sea Gull for 10 rank, Scout, Avatar of Vengeance, Bear and Autumn Tree for 20 rank.

[2]Runes appear once every 10 seconds around the map. Runes include:

Haste: Increases movement speed by 200% for 5 seconds
Invisibility: Turns the critter Invisible for 10 seconds.
Dizzy: Makes everyone's camera sway for 10 seconds.
Instant Heal: Heals 200 hp instantly
Mana Restoration: Heals 200 mana instantly
Regeneration: Heals 50 mana and hp per second for 10 seconds. Dispels on Attack.
Slow: Slows all critters on the map for 5 seconds.

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
I did download the map, but it doesn't appear in my maps list. What version is it made with?

prismpirate

Reaction score
I use JassNewGen. If you're referring to the map version, its still in Beta so I'm not putting version numbers. Strange, I just played the map. Uploaded a new version. See if it works now.

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
Oh, never mind. Haha, very entertaining game! I find it really frustrating to get in front of the other racers.

Overall, I think this is a great minirace, although I think some abilities might be a bit overpowered (like restart), and the combat is frustratingly slow, although the racing part of it is great.

prismpirate

Reaction score
I NEED A LOADING & PREVIEW SCREEN

Hmm, compared to other damaging skills, restart is underpowered. Killing critters gains you 1 score as well, and some AOE spells are overpowered. I acknowledge that skills such as meteor strike own, will have to look into that.

What do you mean by combat? Hitting people with normal attacks wasn't intended, at least not now. Its only to finish off that critter with 10 hp =).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Late Night Update:

Several Bug fixes. Read change log for more info.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To those who Vote Down, at least comment so I can fix?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    I ordered like five blocks for 15 dollars. They're just little aluminum blocks with holes drilled into them
  • Varine Varine:
    They are pretty much disposable. I have shitty nozzles though, and I don't think these were designed for how hot I've run them
  • Varine Varine:
    I tried to extract it but the thing is pretty stuck. Idk what else I can use this for
  • Varine Varine:
    I'll throw it into my scrap stuff box, I'm sure can be used for something
  • Varine Varine:
    I have spare parts for like, everything BUT that block lol. Oh well, I'll print this shit next week I guess. Hopefully it fits
  • Varine Varine:
    I see that, despite your insistence to the contrary, we are becoming a recipe website
  • Varine Varine:
    Which is unique I guess.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Actually I was just playing with having some kind of mention of the food forum and recipes on the main page to test and see if it would engage some of those people to post something. It is just weird to get so much traffic and no engagement
  • The Helper The Helper:
    So what it really is me trying to implement some kind of better site navigation not change the whole theme of the site
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.