Cruiser Command

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
He didn't take it, he made them (the recoloring).

The base image was probably found from Google or SC2Mapster.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
Missiles stopped working with the 1.4 patch. I fixed them but they are no longer homing.

I still have a lot of work to do on the energy system, I think I wont do it with dialogs like I originally planned.

Hangar is looking good, it is missing some functionality like transferring energy to the ship and such but I don't plan on doing that in the near future.

Did some work on the drones(Artificial Intelligence players) and the auto-miner is looking good but not complete. It is not a priority for the alpha release though.

So, I need to fix the energy management system, add a shop where you can buy missiles and upgrade stuff, make hits taken damage the inside of the ship and that should be it for alpha.

Alpha is planned to be released in 2-3 weeks.

Full release(1.0) is estimated to be released in the end of this year.

I recommend you to read my blog about cruiser command here: http://starcrafteditorial.wordpress.com/

It contains a lot more information about my current progress. Make sure to read the comments if you have time since they also contain a lot of my ideas and progress.

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
YA!!!! I was hoping there was progress! I was thinking about adding I Demand Progress update my self.

"Alpha is planned to be released in 2-3 weeks." Almost craped my self here. SO Excited. Even if Its alpha.

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
Reading about the count down. Cant Wait sounds like your on the home run stretch to finishing a function-able alpha!
Its great to hear how much progress you guys are making. VERY EXCITED! (To DA Max!)

Video Footage Would be sweet :) Even if its just alpha

Siretu

Reaction score

Syndrome

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Well, I thought I might as well take the time to post more pictures while we're discussing more internally.
Terrain is pretty much all done, but I had a few issues putting it together due to a design oversight, nonetheless you can expect terrain progress to be very rapid now.

To the left is the construction module, the right is the mineral processing module.

335h83q.jpg

wsp505.jpg

qxno1j.jpg

And finally, I have a confession.

I went overboard.
A lot.

Chances are, very few of you will be able to run this on High, let alone Ultra.
I apologize for this, I'll be doing my best to optimize it after we have all of the terraining down and set.

Syndrome

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I'm back with more screenies of the hanger bay. I'll actually post the beginning to end works if anyone is interested in my methods of terraining.
The hanger is whole lot more 'cleaner'. You can expect much of the next terrain to be more or less this 'much' in terms of GPU strain now. I get about 30-35FPS on my laptop while viewing it.
2lcb6l0.jpg

2iqik5z.jpg

1zccyoj.jpg

3r13n.jpg

29vcbaf.jpg

t6ba76.jpg

fc3f3n.jpg

That concludes the entire bottom floor if you include the Shield Core. Next up: Top Floor!

Siretu

Reaction score
So, the plan is to have a big release featuring boarding, hacking and the new terrain. This will be released in a couple of weeks, hopefully around the same time as the release of the Starcraft 2 1.5 patch.

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
can you link to the wiki page here as well? im interested to completely understand how they will work.

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
Wow- the work put into this:eek: I cant imagine the amount of time you must have been using on this :confused:

Siretu

Reaction score
I have to give credit where it's due. The terrain is all Syndrome's work and most of the hacking was done by friend Exuvo. I fixed the output part and made it look nicer. I don't think it took that long for Exuvo to make the hacking. 1-2 days of work.

The video however, all my work! It's a piece of art, though I say so myself.

peat

Reaction score
great game i play it a lot i think im the best captain out there next to player called warsign but yay the game is on the second page in popular or 3d page. then is docking coming out :D?

Siretu

Reaction score
Oh wow, it's getting popular again. I just played a full game on NA and it was nice. The uploaded version is pretty old though and most of the bugs and weird messages are fixed on the current version. I am waiting for a big release before I publish the new version though.

peat

Reaction score
it died again i think because it is getting repetitive it needs a update :D.

btw whats your username siretu?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.