Cruiser Command

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I can't publish as often I want, since I'm using my friend's account and he has an authenticator on. I'll have to wipe the popularity soon anyway to start publishing on my own account.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
I just tried playing this, but I couldn't even get 1 other person to join the game (waited about 15 min) - maybe we can try organizing a game or something

Siretu

Reaction score
It's not super popular, but it's usually pretty easy to get a full game during prime time, at least on NA. Did you try on NA or EU? EU is very outdated because I wasn't able to patch my EU client to 1.5.

Edit: I just updated the EU version.

Funce

Forum Assassin
Reaction score
Really Looking forward to it

I'm dying with the excitement and I hope it comes soon

I like the current version but I know this will be better!

Jokker

Reaction score
Im in a game lobby right now : ) decided to try it out (X-maul told me its on bnet)

We are missing only 1 player right now :D

Jokker

Reaction score
Sorry for a double-post, but how does the rep system work. What do you get rep for? : )

EDIT: Had a bug occur to me as well : ) i was wery close to the cruiser while mining. then i used R to send minerals back and nothing happeed. We stayd at 0 minerals. i had 0 minerals : )

Siretu

Reaction score
You gain one rep each game if you stay to the end. If you disconnect early, you lose 1.5 rep. I also give out rep as rewards when people help me do bigger tests.

Also, it was probably not a bug. Minerals aren't automatically processed when they reach the BC. You have to put them on the refining conveyor belt inside.

Jokker

Reaction score
Third game so far, having fun : ) Enjoying it immensly

Lol my team has a player with 150 rep. Dang

Siretu

Reaction score
It's a long story. Simply put, it's not published as "Cruiser Command" but rather "Cruiser[Alt+255]Command". The reason for this is that a friend used to publish it for me but I now I publish it myself but since the name was already reserved, I had to pick another one.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
I played a few games, I like it!

but some of the things in the game take a while to get used to.. for example:

I played a 1v1 vs beto I believe - what seemed to be a game that was going well for me, i.e. I had more miners/resources/upgrades/etc. ended up with me losing badly when our BCs got in range of each other - why? because I left my power settings on default, while he sacrificed engine speed for shields - I hadn't even though of changing the power settings.. as that was like an "advanced" and "do not touch" thing

missles/yamato also seem similar.. in that I haven't ever actually successfully used any of them..

getting a bot to man science station and energize departing (not docking!) ships would be great as well.. also, to me it seems like the "ping" should probably also be part of the science station, instead of nav (just to balance the weight of the stations, and also it makes logical sense to me after watching too many star trek episodes)

Siretu

Reaction score
Great to hear you liked it!

1v1 is not really the optimal way to play it although playing with an experienced player(I know Beto has a ton of reputation) is always a good way to learn.

Power is really a vital part of the game and normally one of the experienced players take it and the new players wont have to worry. In 1v1 games you don't have that option and you'll have to fix it yourself. It could be worth emphasizing in-game.

Missiles are kind of a hard thing to balance because it either requires too much effort or deals too much damage. The damage per effort is hard to get right.

The AI can man the science station and energize ships. It doesn't differentiate between docking and departing ships but it doesn't energize ships will close to full energy or low hp (which often indicates a docking ship).

Having radar ping on science station is not a bad idea. It's a kind of big shift though because it's been on navigation forever.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
Having radar ping on science station is not a bad idea. It's a kind of big shift though because it's been on navigation forever.

I know it's a big shift, but nav has the movement (already a big item), engine boost, turn boost, and broadside already - those are a ton of things, while science has arm yamato (not used often), energize, and tractor beam? (I haven't ever seen anyone use it/get it...)

you could also leave a dummy icon that says "ping has been moved to the science station" where it used to be to ease the transition

P.S. - I also haven't really understood the infiltration part ever.. ive landed on the enemy ship, but then died to the turrets - I suppose I could interfere with the refining, but that seems like not much... it's like so complicated, and you don't really have much chance to practice those unusual situations where the game lasts a bit longer and you get more upgrades/etc. but then aren't used to the new upgrades/etc.

P.S. #2 - yes 1v1 isn't how its supposed to be played... but after waiting for a while with only the two of us in the lobby... yeah

P.S. #3 - there is a "Cruiser Command" chat that exists on NA... and is useful for finding games

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
just played a round, clearly its been a while for me. the ship entirely revamped since last time i played, and got a full match less then 5 min. The AI Bots were new to me. but ya seemed fairly polished and nice.

I personally didn't like the music was so loud and tied in with the game sounds, so i couldn't adjust it had to ask others how to turn it off. but ya very fun. But if i could have adjusted it easyly (turned it down to 30%) and keep game sounds the same then i would have. but adjusting the music volume in normal game settings did jack.

Edit*

now playing 3 times (since about a year or so ) The AI was super easy. and nice.

Edit*

I lost all 5 rounds i played :( But it was fun. teams weren't balanced. we tried but there team always ahd WAy more expreinced players then us. we were 0-5, they were 40-75 each. Auto blance could be nice but only if everyone wanted it. and it may just be to much overhead on the game as it has more then enough going on already.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
Auto blance could be nice but only if everyone wanted it. and it may just be to much overhead on the game as it has more then enough going on already.

but auto balance would always put me on your team!

although I would support some sort of "swap players" after the game starts and everyone sees the stats (with majority approval of course) - since a simple "auto balance" would likely end up with very similar matchups for similar teams

Siretu

Reaction score
Unfortunately, auto-swap is very hard to implement considering how much of the map that currently is hard-coded to work with the actual teams from the lobby.

If I were to implement this, not only would the feature itself take a decent time to implement, it would also most likely lead to a long period of weird team related bugs.

I'd like to do it, but I haven't yet commited to the idea.

Also, because some people might not know this, the forums at cruisercommand.com is down because the web hosting expired. We're working on getting it up again but I have my finals this week and next week, so I spend most of my waking hours studying.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.