CTF Project. Your help needed!

Jokker

Reaction score
What is this nonsense?!
This is the first project made by me and X-maul as a team. This map is based on X-mauls old idea "Crazy Cars" in WC3.
It features 4v4 (Team vs Team) Capture the flag type gameplay with custom heroes.

What does this map exactly feature then?
- CTF element. Both teams try to get hold of the other teams Power Core.
- Interactive terrain. Gates opening and closing, portals, etc.
- Cars. And you don't want to get hit by them.
- Custom characters.
We have several more ideas. We haven't decided if we should add them though.

Well? Can we see it?
Yeap. Here are some screenshots of the map.
Midde of the map
29z1n4j.png

South Base - The Lab
504leq.png

North Base - The Infected Lab
juwe10.png

Map Overview
2wn918g.png
Wait a second.. You said we could help!
Yes.
1) We need a good name for the map. If you have any ideas, let us know!
2) We need ideas for great heroes / characters. We have begun work on several, but fresh ideas are always good to have!

Cheers,
Jokker & X-maul

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
We are currently very busy with school both of us, so the project have currently been paused (Or just very slow moving) untill we get some time at our hand :)

BTW: we created the thread in the discussion section on purpose, it was not suposed to be anaunced as a project yet (As we are not that far yet).

Kyuft

Reaction score
I am more than glad to contribute some hero ideas, however I feel I could be of more help with Data Editing as (at least from my knowledge) it seems neither of you are experienced with the Data Editor (I specialize in data).

-Kyuft:shades:

X-maul

Reaction score
I am at the moment pretty busy with school :) but in 2 weeks from now, I'll be done with school so I'll be having some more time to mod SC2

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
The map is making huge progress. We have updated almost every aspect of it and I'll be making a promotional video soon : )
That's great to hear, I was starting to think you had abandoned it :)

I'm looking forward to the video.

Jokker

Reaction score
Hey there, Siretu! Thanks for the response!
I'll most likely start on the video tomorrow or a day or two after.

Lately the map has gotten a fully custom UI, we have added scoring system , sounding, hero selection, respawning.

We are looking forward to adding Capture Points (Controlling one of the three capture points will slowly increase your teams score) and taunts (scoring will trigger your heros taunt and show a portrait for others).

Jokker

Reaction score
Another update.
Map has made huge progress vol. 2.

We are actually looking to test this 2v2 soon. The video is delayd until some of the heroes have been worked out : )

Jokker

Reaction score
As I stated before, we need more players to see the game in full action. We are ready to betatest this : )

So if you are interested, contact me or X-maul via Private Message, so we could pick a day and time. I would love to do it today/tomorrow/any closeby day. Because after these tests plus a few tweaks, the map is coming online.

Allso, to get you all into the mood, I'm adding a couple of screenis of some of the features.

To begin with, a custom User Interface.
2rw1dvo.jpg

Secondly, the hero select screen.
vnmn8i.jpg
And thirdly, the current map layout.
9i9zq0.jpg

So I hope that will get you into the mood of helping us test this map in action. Don't forget though, we havent had a test of over a 1v1, so there might be a little tweaking involved :)

Cheers,
X-Maul and Jokker

Jokker

Reaction score
Thank you very much! :)
The Hero Selection is by X-maul. The UI is by me. So it's a compliment for both of us :)

Still need testers, though !

Jokker

Reaction score
The map is live!
You can find it under the name of "Havoc" and the uploader is Demtrod!

Cheers :)

X-maul

Reaction score
It's most likely littered with bugs, so if you play this map, and you find any bugs/something you thought should be changed, then please come to this thread and tell us :)

Othervise tell us in a review of the map.

Siretu

Reaction score
What regions did you publish it on? If you haven't published to NA yet, I suggest you do it. Since the introduction of global play, you can publish on any region. To do this, change the region dropdown in the publish window in the editor.

Siretu

Reaction score
I played it in single player and it looks very nice and polished. Some notes however:

- Blue flag has the tooltip "Red flag".
- Should probably have some effect or timer to show the capturing of the circles
- Terran vs Zerg theme on the bases is nice but it looks weird when I'm on the terran team with a Zerg hero(Princess)
- Not sure what the blue and red bar in the top actually does and what the point of capturing circles is.
- Might want to move the minimap back down to bottom left but keep the visuals as it is. People are used to glancing to the bottom left to find the minimap and it keeps the UI together in the same place instead of having it all over the place. Personal preference though.
- According to the Cacoon buff I got, I take 50% more damage while in the cacoon. The Caustic Explosion doesn't state this.
- The Caustic Explosion visual is REALLY big. Does it actually deal damage in that huge area?
- (Nitpicking) Mutagen injection says "ally unit" but can be used on self. Should probably specify that.

Also, how did you do the car collision? Data or triggers?

X-maul

Reaction score
I played it in single player and it looks very nice and polished. Some notes however:
- Blue flag has the tooltip "Red flag".
Thanks for pointing that out :)
- Should probably have some effect or timer to show the capturing of the circles
You might need to test it with an AI or another player on the enemy team, to be able to capture, but when you do that, the small circles would turn your teams color depending on how far from capturing you are.
- Terran vs Zerg theme on the bases is nice but it looks weird when I'm on the terran team with a Zerg hero(Princess)
We were actually thinking of doing some background story, to make the theme fit.
- Not sure what the blue and red bar in the top actually does and what the point of capturing circles is.
Do you mean the place for the points? Well, those are points, explained it the loading screen, I guess - we'll look into explaining it better :)
- Might want to move the minimap back down to bottom left but keep the visuals as it is. People are used to glancing to the bottom left to find the minimap and it keeps the UI together in the same place instead of having it all over the place. Personal preference though.
You might be right about that, we'll see to it :)
- According to the Cacoon buff I got, I take 50% more damage while in the cacoon. The Caustic Explosion doesn't state this.
Thanks for pointing that out :)
- The Caustic Explosion visual is REALLY big. Does it actually deal damage in that huge area?
Yeah, it is really big, and it deals damage in that area :) might need to explain it better.
- (Nitpicking) Mutagen injection says "ally unit" but can be used on self. Should probably specify that.
It's the small details that count, so thanks :)

Also, how did you do the car collision? Data or triggers?
The car collision is done with a behavior which searches periodically for units in a 90 deg cone in front of the unit, and kills the unit.

Jokker

Reaction score
Hey!

Thanks for testing, Siretu!

The capturing problems you saw seem to be only happening when you are the only person on the map : ) I urge you to play a game with us someday : D

I actually played with 4-5 random people in the Arcade and got some decent ideas.

So right now I am working on implementing the best of those.

The ideas being inplemented are:
1) A short skippable tutorial at the beginning of the map.
2) An indicator to show how many points the team is getting per second
3) A voting system to determin the maximum points, points per second from capture points, car speed (or no cars at all) and maybe some other key points of the map
4) fixing a couple of bugs and visuals that were a little clunky.

Cheers.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.