Cthun RPG

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
Help with my rpg (extensive project)
If you wish to contact me for anything regarding this project email me at [email protected], it forwards to my personal email.

i need a few things,
an action that sets <my variable: Armor (real)> = armor of triggering unit or someone who can make this for me this is in the critical/evasion and damage display folder on the detect and display damage trigger
there isnt a default action that is based on armor but i know its doable with custom scripts so any help u can give would be great (agility is not set to increase armor so that isnt an option ) OR i would like someone to show me how to set a stone skin (damage reduction) item ability to stack

i would also like a way to check the damage type of damage taken by a unit in a condition in an if then else action
If conditions
(damage type of Damage Taken not equal to magic/spells)
then:
else:

i need someone to either create a save system or show me how to make one that saves hero exp (not level so u dont lose exp on save/load), class, level, items, player name, backpack 1 and 2 items, primary objective quests (only needs to save highest one cuz each level requires the previous primary quest to be finished in order to accept it)

i would like someone to do the models for weapons/armor on items however possible, i can do it through items or triggers but if someone is willing to help out it would be awesome

i would like someone to check my map for possible leaks once its done, believe im doing good with it already

looking for more ideas for bosses, custom spells, hero classes etc.

so far this is what i have:

damage system including critical strike chance for every unit... base 1.5 critical dmg and 10% for all computer players, and an increasing (based on stats) crit dmg and crit chance for heroes

Agility.jpg
Strength.jpg
Intelligence.jpg

DamageDealtCrit.jpg
DamageDealtMiss.jpg

DamageTakenCrit.jpg
DamageTakenMiss.jpg

half of the terrain is done (all without using the wc3 cliffs... they effing suck)

terrainsight2.jpg

terrainsight1.jpg

terrainsight3.jpg

an extremely unique hero selection system (wisp can hold 2 items, picking 2 different specialties creates a hero based on them ie: heavy armor + shield = defender (tank) medium armor + holy magic = monk (support: some heals single target buffs and auras) 2 hand weapons + destruction magic = spellblade (phys caster hybrid dps)) while holding both items it will give an ability telling primary stats and role in game play, which when casted creates that hero at the start location.
available specialties: holy magic, nature magic, destruction magic, demon/hell magics, 2 handed weapons, 1 handed weapons, ranged weapons, shields, cloth armor, medium armor, and heavy armor (but im thinking about removing the armor types and changing them to armor based on your other 2 choices)

a leveling system where instead of an exact experience point per kill or quest it gives a percentage of the amount needed based on level: being in range of a dying unit owned by the enemy computer player = to 5% of required heroes xp (at equal level) decreasing to 2% then 1% then 0% for creatures below that and increasing to 7.5% then 10% then 15% then 0% (so power leveling is less viable) up from that and quests, the same thing on a larger level, but quests of equal level will be insanely difficult without a group (level 30 quest = killing ~15-20 lvl 33 monsters)

an awesome dungeon system including heroic mode at max level, 10 person raids and alternating random bosses every time u do a dungeon ie: bandit base camps boss changes every time u kill him... caster boss melee boss and ranged boss are all possibilities

a multi-board that records player dps/hps/tps (threat per second), a multi-board shown only in combat that shows threat% of your target, a dps tester dummy that does not change your multi-board recorded dps so you can test your possibly different dps rotations, possibly adding a tps version and hps version and a room for testing aoe dps/tps/hps

more will be added to this but so far it is still relatively small and i dont play on adding a large amount of custom models other than the weapon/armor models and possibly 3-4 custom models

below is the download file to see what i have so far (not 100% of it but a most of the triggers and terrain), pay no attention to the current units in the map, i plan on removing them when im putting in the starting units but im using em to test my triggers to be sure they work

pay no attention to the 2 on the file name its only cuz i have 2 saved files, every time i complete a trigger successfully i save to both and use the other

i posted this in world editor first on accident... sorry for that

Attachments

• G_Freak45's C'thun RPG.w3x
    179.8 KB · Views: 301

GFreak45

Reaction score
will do, ill take them in about an hour when i get home :)

GFreak45

Reaction score
added photos ^ the terrain i can do but the little things that help the look of it im a little worse at, if someone would like to do the doodads/terrain fine tuning for me that would be awesome

Joshman_09

Reaction score
worry about the eye candy last; or at least close to last. It really sucks to make a cool terrain, get everything set up how you like it; and then discover that the whole map would be better if "this" was over "there". And you suddenly find yourself spending hours on terrain again; when you should really be spending hours on items, heroes, and skill.

GFreak45

Reaction score
i only uploaded these pictures to show how it would be done, not necissarily that it was already done, i already started completely over now that i have better knowledge of what i want to do with the map, so far iv made my own castbar/cast system my own dmg system including... critical strikes, scaling crit dmg, evasion, evasion reduction (like wow hit rating), crit chance reduction (like defense rating), crit dmg reduction (like resilience :D), and absorbtion effects... i simply used this to show that it wouldnt be done with shitty wc3 models/cliffs and doodads, but with custom ones and with a better interface and it was done sloppily at that... the town seems oddly scaled the the paths dont look great

soon ill update the map download, right now its still in early stages of the beginning, before i understood damage systems... never needed them for rpgs :p

GFreak45

Reaction score
and to appease people with ADD like myself who couldnt possibly sit there and read that "wall of text" like ^ he said

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
For your detecting damage type, you have 2 options: Use J4L's Damage system (if you use vJass), or a GUI damage detection system (I suggest Weep's). Either way, you have to trigger all spell damage in order to detect damage type. To do that, you need to have a spell caster dummy unit deal all spell damage. Then in the If/Then/Else, detect if the damage source was your dummy spell caster. If it is, then the damage type is magic/spells, if not, damage type is physical.

GFreak45

Reaction score
lol you think of everything the long way... my damage detection system can detect if its a cast simply... all of my casts are triggered to do damage based on spell power and just before i deal the damage, it sets a boolean variable Cast_Damage to true, then if true my damage system displays it in a different color... i dont remember if i put that i had that problem, but the damage system iv been working on has improved drastically

tommerbob

Reaction score
lol you think of everything the long way... my damage detection system can detect if its a cast simply... all of my casts are triggered to do damage based on spell power and just before i deal the damage, it sets a boolean variable Cast_Damage to true, then if true my damage system displays it in a different color... i dont remember if i put that i had that problem, but the damage system iv been working on has improved drastically

Sometimes the long way is the better way. That kind of system is not accurate and can be very limiting, especially with multiple players in a map. What happens when a player deals attack damage at the same moment he deals spell damage, such as DOT spells?

Like I said before, either way you have to trigger every single damage spell. IMO, you might as well make it more accurate and use a dummy caster to deal damage.

GFreak45

Reaction score
how else do you make spells that scale to spell damage and have castbars? you dont... lol, every single spell is triggered to deal its damage with the boolean set to true then turn it off, the damage detection triggers while its true then its off in the same second, in order for it to glitch and show phys dmg as cast damage it would have to happen at the exact same time down to the 100ths of a second... i can deal with that happening to one player every couple games... and this is only even possible with dots, not all of my characters are going to have dots and very few physical characters will have them period... most dots will be to enhance damage for casters, physical will have instant cast abilities but casters will need to be continuously casting to deal damage equal to physical characters, now dont get me wrong physical characters will have debufs and things like that but i want their constant damage to be dealt with physical attacks and their rotations, i plan on giving their rotations specific timing so they are more interactive than most melee characters in other rpgs, and most abilities on physical characters will be considered physical abilities, scaling to attack damage and being reduced by armor (not at the same extent that physical attacks are) so it would be displayed as physical damage anyway

and it would be very difficult to trigger threat correctly with heroes and hero pets both casting... Soul fire mage has a choice of 3 tormented soul pets, and one is a caster type pet...

tommerbob

Reaction score
Well that was a bit confusing, so I took a look at your map so I could see your damage system, but there was nothing in there about spell damage or any boolean...? I assume you haven't updated the attached map yet?

GFreak45

Reaction score
lol no... that was when i first started it, im not even using that same file anymore, started from scratch again so i could make it different... +by the time i was done with the damage system that i had before i had like 40 variables lmfao.... not saying thats a lot, but for 1 system thats quite a bit... i was just spamming them cuz i had just learned them

luorax

Invasion in Duskwood
Reaction score
By using a Damage Detection system and blocking/redoing the damage, or using a custom "damage dealer" function, creating a damage system is easily :)

GFreak45

Reaction score
ill upload an update as soon as my system is done...

been lazy, just dont wanna do all the floating text shit... : (

GFreak45

Reaction score
heres the updated version with my damage system in it, it does not have the terrain in it or all of the casts im triggering, some of them but not all... absorbtion spell, stats checker, and cast damage spell on your hero to test them out ignore almost all other shit

units to test damage to the north/south/east/west/middle... some low level/low damage units start with you but your physical attack can rape them pretty easily...

Attachments

• G_Freak45's C'thun RPG.w3x
    119.8 KB · Views: 247

GFreak45

Reaction score
updated map with damage system and castbar system, the first one is just for terrain and artwork etc, to show the game wont use the basic blizzard shit and the second has the systems

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.