Current bugs (xenforo)

Zakyath

Reaction score
since there's been a transition to xenforo, I thought it might be a good idea to report all the bugs we come across right here, to make life easier for whoever is going to fix them.

only one I've noticed so far is that I only have 0 minutes to edit my posts. which is, needless to say, too little.

Wizard

:)
Staff member
Reaction score
since there's been a transition to xenforo, I thought it might be a good idea to report all the bugs we come across right here, to make life easier for whoever is going to fix them.

only one I've noticed so far is that I only have 0 minutes to edit my posts. which is, needless to say, too little.
That has to be edited in the administrator panel for the proper group. Rest assured that it will be fixed soon :)

UnknowVector

I come from the net ... My format, Vector.
Reaction score
Well the new xenforo style looks great. Like the glassy look and the new layout.

The navbar is also slick. However, the old system had direct links to a few special threads: like the minicity and site history threads. If you wanted to keep those links, well they aren't there. Otherwise I guess it doesn't matter.

I think the "forum statistics" and "users online now" boxes make more sense at the bottom. The "signed in as box" is super redundant with the bar at the top. The side bar could just be empty.

The current logo--with the computer and the first aid cross--looks sort of weird on the new title bar. Maybe it needs a palette swap or something?

The "shoutbox" is the chat right? It's still called chat in the options screen. (e.g. "Disable WebChat: Disable WebChat Do you want to disable the WebChat widget visible on every page?" (http://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences).) Probably want to make that consistent one way or another.

"1 people like this."
Needs a special case to get the plurality correct.

This might not be a bug, but the old reputation system had comments attached to each rep or neg-rep; the comments didn't carry through to the corresponding likes. Not that the comments were ever very useful. We might be better off without them.

(What happened to negative reps anyway?)

Opinion: +1ing/liking posts is probably a better system than the old style rep ... but "like" is a stupid word. It's probably hard coded, but I wish we could make our "like" button a "+reputation" button to hold with classic TheHelper.net terminology. I'm not very fond of the trophy thing either, do we need it?

I don't know how conversations are supposed to work, but they seem to be the replacement for private messages. I notice there's no option to mass select and delete/leave conversations like there was for pms, you have to go into each conversation and leave it individually. (Very minor annoyance, it's not like you need to mass delete very often.)

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
1). I have several problems posting threads, logging in or writing anything in the chatbox, vitually doing anything on the new forum, when i am at the university using their linux konqueror browsers there.
Its like the buttons dont do anything at all.

2). All the forums now appear to have "unread messages" for me, how can i mark them as already read like with the old forum software?

3). Where is the special members forum gone?

4). I dont have the same number of "likes" as i had reputation on the old forums.

5). Probably much more but i cant think of it right now...

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
5). Oh yeah, i cannot edit my posts T_T

6). I use to get several errors once in a while (but i cannot imagine anymore what it was o_O sorry guys)

7). Do we need to have big empty white boxes as avatars if we do not use an avatar image?

8). What are the "points" supposed to be? I dont get it.

9). The site does not seem to fit into my pc's 1024x768 resolution and i need to scroll from left to right in order to see the sidebar. Cant i somehow resize the site elements or disable that sidebar all together to get rid of that scroll bar at the bottom?

Zakyath

Reaction score
2). All the forums now appear to have "unread messages" for me, how can i mark them as already read like with the old forum software?

See image below

4). I dont have the same number of "likes" as i had reputation on the old forums.

the rep system and the like system differ from eachother. If someone likes your post, you get one like. When someone gave you rep, you got 1-10 rep. So you've got one like for every instance you've been repped.

all of us who got bumped up repwise after the Big Crash don't have much rep at all

9). The site does not seem to fit into my pc's 1024x768 resolution and i need to scroll from left to right in order to see the sidebar. Cant i somehow resize the site elements or disable that sidebar all together to get rid of that scroll bar at the bottom?

Don't know if it's the best, or only way (probably not), but I just click ctrl and scroll...

Attachments

• readforum.jpg
    readforum.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 401

Artificial

Without Intelligence
Reaction score
The pastebin doesn't seem to be so secret anymore. And
JASS:
this
doesn't [LJASS]work.[/LJASS]

Also, vB had an option to subscribe to forums so you could see them in your user CP, so I had subscribed to the forums I am interested in to only see those ones instead of having to scroll up and down the forum index hunting for the forums to see whether there are new posts or not. Any chance of there being something similar on these forums now or in the future?

Wiseman_2 said:
How do I change my signature? I can't see an option in my profile to do so...
I wanna know how to change my signature, too. It's all messed up.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
See image below
Thank you. But i have to say i liked the old variant better.

the rep system and the like system differ from eachother. If someone likes your post, you get one like. When someone gave you rep, you got 1-10 rep. So you've got one like for every instance you've been repped.
But we gave lots of reputation as prizes for contests and alike, thats all gone now it seems. Its kind of sad.

Vellu

Real eyes realize real lies.
Reaction score
Is there a list of every change somewhere? I'm totally lost and don't think it's worth a new thread.
PS. Rep's gone? :(

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
Reputation is forever changed, yes.
It's not possible to list all of the changes that happened. This is a completely new piece of forum software. Check out the site for it if you want to read about its features: http://xenforo.com

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
I do wonder if we can have gifs as avatars?
Well, I miss my saber tooth "Tiger"

Oh another thing.
There Isn't a preview button to view your own post?!

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
the site will never be the same.. how could you remove reputation before anyone even caught up to Acehart?

MrBrooks

Brooooooooooown!
Reaction score
It appears that there isn't a "Mark forums as read" button like there was on the vBulletin software. Is it possible to incorporate such feature again?

*Edit* Please disregard this, I was being blind and so I used the Ctrl+F function.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.