Custom auras ability

Reaction score
Hello was just thinking about an active ability with passive aura abilityes... what i want is when i click it,it become negative aura (for enemy units) and when i reclick it, it becomes positive aura (for allies) i could base ability of def immolation or anything but then how could it be triggered?

Sorry for my weak english.
Thanks in advice :p.

Smitty

Reaction score
Either use dummies with auras, and move them with the hero, removing one and creating a new one each time the spell is cast, or add/remove abilities.

Ryushi

"I will stand, or I will fall. I will not sit."
Reaction score
The trigger would look something like this:
Trigger:
  • Trigger
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order with no target
    • Conditions
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(immolation))
          • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(unimmolation))
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(immolation))
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Add Your First Aura Ability
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit - Add Your Second Aura Ability)

You can disable the Aura Abilities on Map Initialization to prevent them from taking up an Ability Slot of the Hero.

Reaction score
Either use dummies with auras, and move them with the hero, removing one and creating a new one each time the spell is cast, or add/remove abilities.

I dont think that would be a good idea anyway i will add the auras into the spellbook i wont need dummies but add/remove abilityes everytime he casts spell would be impossible,is there anither way for do this ? :-|

(Issued order) Equal to (Order(immolation))
(Issued order) Equal to (Order(unimmolation))

What immolation and unimmolation are? abilityes? because i allready used an immolation ability on the unit so im not sure that is gona work.

Ryushi

Reaction score
the lines with immolation and unimmolation are to detect when immolation is turned off or on. When immolation is turned on, the issued order is 'immolation' so the first aura ability will be added, according to my above trigger. When immolation is turned off, the issued order is 'unimmolation' and the second aura ability will be added. Also, I just realized you would also have to remove whatever ability you aren't adding to the unit whenever you are adding an ability.

Smitty

Reaction score
Uh, I don't see why either of my methods wouldn't work? Also Ryushi you'd need to remove the abilities as each was cast surely?

These are the only real methods you can use without being insanely complicated. Also, I think Unimmolation and Immolation are the two abilities in Ryushi's trigger ^.^

EDIT: You must have posted your reply as I was typing this, so sorry for any overlap :)

Reaction score
Mmh... can i use it with defense ability? because i allready have the immolation base ability on the unit :| so i guess it will be a problem.
Or maybe i am missing something? o_O

you would also have to remove whatever ability you aren't adding to the unit whenever you are adding an ability

Yeah,right.
I will make 2 triggers one for turn on and another for turn off the abilityes.

Ryushi

Reaction score
Yeah, you can use defend instead of immolation, you mentioned using immolation in your first post, so I chose to use it. To use defend instead, just replace every 'immolation' with 'defend' and every 'unimmolation' with 'undefend'.

Smitty

Reaction score
Create a self cast ability with no effects, then make your two aura abilities. Give the hero he blank ability, then make a trigger to either give the unit the aura and remove the other aura, or use a dummy with the aura ability as I said above. Nothing too difficult, if you need help, shout :)

Ryushi's method should also work fine :)

Reaction score
Create a self cast ability with no effects, then make your two aura abilities. Give the hero he blank ability, then make a trigger to either give the unit the aura and remove the other aura, or use a dummy with the aura ability as I said above. Nothing too difficult, if you need help, shout :)

Ryushi's method should also work fine :)

Allright,i prefer the Ryushi's method because with it i can also change the descriptions :D

Thank you both guys, i will try and let u know :D

Smitty

Reaction score
No need to use spellbooks, just make sure both abilities are hero abilities if the unit you're giving them to is a hero. Remember to trigger the removal of the old ability before giving the new one.

Also, why would you need so many spellbooks? :s

Reaction score
Coz i wanted to add many custom areas into it but anyways i changed idea...now i have a lil problem,cooldown doesnt fill even if i set it to 5 it is still 0 in game :mad:
I guess i will have to use mana shield for it... wich are the orders for it? ex. (Issued order) Equal to (Order(manashield)) - (Issued order) Equal to (Order(unmanashield)) ??

Smitty

Reaction score
Hmm, show me your trigger(s)? Probably because the cooldown on defend is independent of the cooldown on undefend. See if you change quickly between he two and back again if there is a cooldown.

Reaction score
No i found a thread where it had allready a problem so i did it for mana shield but i still dunno wich is the exactly order for it.

Zwiebelchen

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
No need to use spellbooks or deactivation of abilities for players to hide the dummy auras. Simply use an aura ability based on the tornado aura and you got all you need without additional work. If you need the green buff tooltip color, use the color code |cff00ff00NAME|r. It overwrites the default red color.

Reaction score
No need to use spellbooks or deactivation of abilities for players to hide the dummy auras. Simply use an aura ability based on the tornado aura and you got all you need without additional work. If you need the green buff tooltip color, use the color code |cff00ff00NAME|r. It overwrites the default red color.

Did you read all the thread? Are you sure your reply is appropiated to the problem i got now?

Well,the problem is not the aura but it is the ability to use and his order...nothing with auras

EDIT: Oh,well i got it there is displayed in the ability the Order String... will let you know how it goes with the Mana shield base ability

EDIT2: Nhaa, it does just nothing :( guess i will have to use the immolation ability,maybe i can change the order string of it,shoudnt fill with the ability i hope

EDIT3: o_O didnt work.

Ok i did it this way
Trigger:
  • Custom Auras NEG
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • Multiple ConditionsOr - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Issued order) Equal to (==) (Order(immolation))
    • Actions
      • Multiple FunctionsIf (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Multiple FunctionsIf (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Level of Energy Healing for (Triggering unit)) Equal to (==) 1
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Add SB NEG LVL1 to (Triggering unit)
              • Unit - Remove SB POS LVL1 from (Triggering unit)
            • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Level of Energy Healing for (Triggering unit)) Equal to (==) 2
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Remove SB NEG LVL1 from (Triggering unit)
              • Unit - Add SB NEG LVL2 to (Triggering unit)
              • Unit - Remove SB POS LVL2 from (Triggering unit)
            • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Level of Energy Healing for (Triggering unit)) Equal to (==) 3
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Remove SB NEG LVL2 from (Triggering unit)
              • Unit - Add SB NEG LVL3 to (Triggering unit)
              • Unit - Remove SB POS LVL3 from (Triggering unit)
            • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Level of Energy Healing for (Triggering unit)) Equal to (==) 4
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Remove SB NEG LVL3 from (Triggering unit)
              • Unit - Add SB NEG LVL4 to (Triggering unit)
              • Unit - Remove SB POS LVL4 from (Triggering unit)
            • Else - Actions
        • Else - Actions

This is for Negative value,also i did another for Positive value.

Just added the effect to the old ability,so it is improved aswell thank u guys for ur help + rep to both of u ;)

Smitty

Reaction score
Thanks, but we can clear this up a bit :)

Events:
A unit uses an ability

Conditions:

Actions:
If;
Ability being used equal to immolation
Then;
Remove ability (Neg) from triggering unit
Add ability (Pos) to triggering unit
Set level of ability Pos for triggering unit to (Level of Immolation) for triggering unit.
Else;
If;
Ability being used is equal to Unimmolation
Then;
Remove ability Pos from triggering unit
Add ability Neg to triggering unit
Set level of Neg for triggering unit to (level of Immolation) for triggering unit
Else;
____

It's a lot cleaner and easier, should work fine ^.^

Reaction score
Ye but the aura ability is not hero ability, so you mean i can change it to hero and set the level of the auras from here... ?

Smitty

Reaction score
You don't need a spellbook. Trust me. Is the unit which uses the auras a hero? If so, then make them hero abilities with as many levels as you need. It'll work fine ^.^

Reaction score
with
Ability being used equal to immolation or unimmolation
you mean order string?Coz ability is one :)

So it will be something like this ?

Trigger:
  • Custom Auras POS
    • Events
    • Conditions
        • Conditions
          • (Issued order) Equal to (==) (Order(unimmolation))
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Add Bloody Aura pos to (Triggering unit)
          • Unit - Remove Bloody Aura neg from (Triggering unit)
          • Unit - Set level of Bloody Aura pos for (Triggering unit) to (Level of Bloody Aura pos for (Triggering unit))
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Add Bloody Aura neg to (Triggering unit)
          • Unit - Remove Bloody Aura pos from (Triggering unit)
          • Unit - Set level of Bloody Aura pos for (Triggering unit) to (Level of Bloody Aura neg for (Triggering unit))
        • Else - Actions

Well the add and remove works properly but the ability seems not to lvl up

Sorry my bad xD this is the trigger and works !

Trigger:
  • Custom Auras POS
    • Events
    • Conditions
        • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Remove Bloody Aura neg from (Triggering unit)
          • Unit - Add Bloody Aura pos to (Triggering unit)
          • Unit - Set level of Bloody Aura pos for (Triggering unit) to (Level of Energy Healing for (Triggering unit))
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Remove Bloody Aura pos from (Triggering unit)
          • Unit - Add Bloody Aura neg to (Triggering unit)
          • Unit - Set level of Bloody Aura neg for (Triggering unit) to (Level of Energy Healing for (Triggering unit))
        • Else - Actions

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.