Custom editors

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
Personally, I don't see the reason for making one. What area would you improve? Lots of people complain about the data editor but if you're going to remake that you'll either end up with an equally complex system or one with less functionality.

Rainther

I guess I should write something of value here...
Reaction score
How about something TESH-like?
I need tools to easen the Custom Scripting.

s3rius

Linux is only free if your time is worthless.
Reaction score
There are some editors for custom scripting.

There is Sparsile, but I don't know whether it's still in development (link)
And also moonlite (link), which is in open beta right now.

Well, and then a couple of extensions for editors like Notepad++ or custom ones.

punwisp

Reaction score
I have a idea that would help. One that makes the data editor easier for beginners, or simplifies it to make it easier. I dont mean combine stuff and make less. But more of rename things and add descriptions to make things lot easier.

Shit at first we had to figure out what did what. So if we had one that renamed them, and such, it would make it a lot easier. Plus make sense

Terrabull

Veteran Member (Done that)
Reaction score
I could think of a dozen things that could be added to the data editor that wouldn't simplify it, but would make life a lot easier.
Several key places (like upgrades) are not copy-pastable, and some things that require multiple objects to be created could be automated.

Rainther

I guess I should write something of value here...
Reaction score
I find the Data Editor quite puzzling when I first took a look at it. Unit's had behaviors, abilities, movers etc. but half of them were connected to the unit from an other tab (not the unit tab).

Now I understand them better, but at first I had no idea how to add behaviors to units.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
Adding descriptions and such as well as support for copy pasting certain areas is good but hardly worth the effort of making a new editor.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.