Arena Custom Hero Arena (Remade)

HeX.16

Isn't Trollin You Right Now
Reaction score
K cool im here. Gonna try port the system. Thanks =)
LMFAO im proud to say my map had 0 leaks after testing all spells and 5/12 systems.
With over 10000 leaks destroyed.

Glorn2

Slap n' Tickle
Reaction score
Lmao; thats awsome. I have a single spell that "leaks" ~2000 times per cast; though they are manually cleaned up. What is really entertaining, just play a map casually with 10-12 players in it, and check the leaks at the end. This system is the lazy-mans way out; but when you have like 500 triggers in a map; do you REALLY want to add a couple extra lines of code to each one?

HeX.16

Reaction score
Well if i use that system it bugs my one spell so yes i do want to add then extra lines. Its got some vJass function that, my spell uses so they conflict.
Ps: Its not the one system it uses but i have that in my map.
Lmfao i love the screenshots. 5600 leaks destroyed by the system and 0 by user. Lazy coder.

Glorn2

Slap n' Tickle
Reaction score
you can code around anything that it conflicts with. It is explained in the trigger; it is similar to cleaning leaks, but, well, the opposite. You only have to protect the ones you wanna keep. It was interfering with a custom spell I use; but you just write a couple lines to protect that specific thing, so the system ignores it. I guess either way you gotta write a few lines of code though... Agreed, I'm just lazy. A problem solved is a problem not worried about though ^_^

I will upload a screenshot of a good arena fight tonight, and display the leaks for it. You will "LOL" at the leak count... I catch a bunch on my own now too though.

HeX.16

Reaction score
Please add those screen shots to the main post and put them in [.SPOILER][./SPOILER] tags without those dots. Else click the "caution" pic on the post to make them.

Glorn2

Slap n' Tickle
Reaction score
Got some new skills I added:

===============================================
Bloodbath: Misc, Passive (melee farming/pvp skill)
When your hero is hit, there is a chance (currently 4+2Xlevel) that your hero will spill its nasty alien-like acidic blood on all enemies in a 250 AoE dealing damage per second to all of them for 5 seconds. (Currently 10+5Xlevel very subject to change) THIS ABILITY STACKS! (that is, if 30 guys are hitting you, they can stack this acid affect on themselves MANY times) ***Edit, Edit, Edit! This skill is now a Bleed, it works on magic immunes, and isnt reduced by spell reduction. I have lowered the proc chance by 1/4. From 28% to 21% ***
Scream: Misc, Castable
Damages units around your hero for 40+50XLevel, and silences them for 1.5+.5XLevel, AoE is 250+25 per level. (Similar to befuddle, except is cast from your heroes position and deals damage rather than disabling attack, AoE gets larger also)
Fire Wall: Offensive, Castable
Creates a wall of fire at targeted point, about 600 yards long. Any ground enemy unit to touch the fire, is burned for X damage a second. the wall lasts for 10 seconds. (Im thinking something like 8+7 damage per level, then +11 after lvl 7)
Cyclone: Ultimate, Castable
Created a waterific cyclone on your hero; sucking all enemies in a 450 AoE in. It then deals damage (currently 600X level) and knocks them back 100+100 yards X level. Mild cooldown.
Poison Nova: Off, castable
Creates a ring of poison around the hero to damage nearby enemy units. A unit hit by the nova will X take damage per second for X seconds. Doesnt stack. (I gotta test this one out a lot before I can put any kind of number on it, but it will be less than parasite)
Currently Unnamed: ULT, Aura
Increases magic damage done to all enemies in 1000 yards by 30,60,90,120

On top of all this, I finally got a couple of big bugs fixed. Hopefully in less than a month, I can have a public beta of this out; to find those rarer bugs that I havent encountered yet. It is only normal mode, and CTF mode; but, playable is playable. Hopefully with more public players and opinion I can change it up and make it the ideal map ^_^

I will upload the map when the time comes!

Joshman_09

Reaction score
alright sorry to get back to u so late lmao been busy, but ur idea sounds pretty awesome i gotta feeling this maps gona be a big success:thup: cant wait for it to release:D

Glorn2

Slap n' Tickle
Reaction score
^^I am still trying to work on a -swap team trigger. I have been trying to find a usable system, to save myself time; but I cant find any that are close to what I am looking for. If anyone finds a nice tutorial, or pre-existing system; please link it here. I've tried the search function 3-4 times with no lucky findings.

Either way, this is my project for this week; a very solid -swap function!

neurapraxia

Reaction score
Nice finally some in game depth for fighting bosses instead of mindless right clicking. For your flag mode whats the comeback factor ratio? If one team makes an error just once will they basically be screwed? Team 1 has killed all of team 2 captured flag. Team 1's levels 7,6,6 and team 2's 1,3,3 okay its over player has left the game, player has left the game, player has left the game. 1 Flag capture GG. 10 min time elapse. Other then that I cant wait for the release. One of the biggest flaws of this map is leavers and pooling gold and items, essentially when ever somebody leaves and gives their gold and items it turns the auto balancing teams system imbalanced turning what was ment to be a 2on2 fight into a 2on3 instead. My suggestion would be to lock pooling and items to be unlocked by either mode option or unanimous vote.

Glorn2

Slap n' Tickle
Reaction score
I have a dilema with leaver items. In some games, leave items allow the game to continue. Half of the games are 1 sided, due to player skill. If all the noobs pool 1 noob; that noob can then compete with the skilled player; making the game a little more balanced. Other times; the game is balance, and someone leaves their items, making it become unbalanced. Allowing players to leave items gives a 50/50 split of fixing vs beaking game... Not allowing it would be the same thing.

The flag thing I havent had much time to balance. the idea of it is teamwork though. Playing a strong defense should help you level up quite easily. It really needs to be tested a LOT more before I can make offense vs. defense completely balanced. In testing, we only had a 3v3; CTF should be 4v4 or more. However in 3v3, it was reasonablyyyyy balanced; considering defending is easier than being offensive; but has less pay offs. If you can kill the other team on their ground (usually by use of teamwork, versus a lack of teamwork) then it does become inbalanced. but in most games, teamwork, vs. non teamwork always wins.

hopefully with the team swap ability, people can change teams around to remain balanced; that is the best way I can think of to fix it now.

As for the rag fight; with much testing, we have come to the conclusion that 2 people, with 200k gold each, can go through the whole series of boss fights. Also, the game progression is much faster; 40 minutes will have you at max level with the rag quest done, or at least started. Better than 2 hour games. to rebalance some casting spells, which arent as potent for as long; the majority of nuking/farming spells have their cooldown lowered as they level; so as to still be viable as the game progresses later.

Because the entire game was remade, there will have to be much public testing before we can start to consider anything "balanced" so expect the first public edit to be... bad... as far as balancing is concerned.

Glorn2

Slap n' Tickle
Reaction score
Argh; I checked out that switch system, and it really isn't doin' it for me. It isn't bad, but it really isn't what I'm looking for. And I think it is wayyyy to long; it is like 6-7, page long triggers; and only allows players to swap spots; it doesn't let players switch with non existing players.

Back to the drawing board >< Hopefully I can still use it as a poit of reference while I make my own...

Glorn2

Slap n' Tickle
Reaction score
Okay, just a heads up; I have fixed a lot of smaller things I have been putting off. I made my own team swap system. I encountered some problems due to me having wayyyy to many triggers in my map, but overcame that also.

Right now, it is just testing; that is really all it needs now. I might get around to adding a couple new item lines; but they arent needed.

Anyone out there who wants to beta test, just post up your account name so I can add you to my "testers" trigger; and/or whisper me on US-East sometime. (Glorn2)

Joshman_09

Reaction score
Lol hey glorn i played a game of cha unlimited 3.1 today with a chao shammy, how ever he had to go before the game even rlly got anywhere -.- I think ima go and try out to join chao hopefully be one of the few to beat a shammy lol any tips?, also i would love to beta test however i play on west :/ acc name is Shankz if u want to come over lol

edit - I tryed out n passed,im in chao,sadly i shammy beat me 10 to 0 :/ lol now im playing on us east lol, still want to test tho :p

Glorn2

Slap n' Tickle
Reaction score
dead thread=I have been editing.
Found maybe... 40-50 minor bugs, and a few larger ones in the past month. That means 2 things. 1) The map is getting closer to a public test version. 2) I am a poor editor!

Ayway, A pretty long list of updates, I will shorten it down to the better stuff:
Full team Duels modes: Something many people have asked for, an optional mode for duels, rather than being even, will have the entire team involved. So 2v3 games will be 2v3 duels, not 2v2 duels.

I got rid of all the "noob" modes. That is, I got rid of noob mode, bonus stats, fast leveling, and creep spawn increases do not work with each other. Things that were entended to be a "fun change from the norm" have become, "the norm" and.. well... makes people worse players!

A new line of items has come out. They are "shields" They offer a lot of armor, life regeneration, spell damage reduction, and a chance to reduce damage by a large amount. Elemental shields all have abilities also.

I remade the kick system into a vote kick system, that any player can enable. A lot of people have been joining bot games as red, then kicking anyone who does better than them; so now you need majority vote to kick people from your games. Depressing, I know...

Hmm, fast duels mode is a lotta fun, a new mode. Duels happen every 3 minutes, rather than 5 minutes. it brings a unique aspect to the game, that's for sure.

A lot of other things have been added and changed and fixed, but I cant recall them off the top of my head.

Question of the Week: If a player dies right before the duel starts (like a second) then they do not respawn for the duel. I have it set so that before the duel starts, it picks all of the heroes and respawns them in their bases. If they died 10 seconds ago, it works. Just not when it is about a second. I added a .5 second wait timer, and well, it took .5 off that second or two window; making it rarer. I dont wanna fix it with wait times, because what if someone died during the wait time? same problem over again.
Without a copy/paste of the triggers, I am sure someone, somewhere has had this problem before, because I have seen it in many maps. Anyone know an easy way to fix it? Other than, "Pick all units in unit group (team1) and revive them in base"

Glorn2

Slap n' Tickle
Reaction score
There are constantly bug finds; and there is a list of bugs found, bugs fixed, and the newest edit that be being test posted on my website at www.chao.forumclan.net

^^To save me time bumping this every time I fix a dozen bugs and put out a new edit.

There are two bots hosting the map for testing, they are Wrathbot and V-Bot on US-East if anyone wants to try out the map.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.