Arena Custom Hero Arena (Remade)

Glorn2

Slap n' Tickle
Reaction score
Bump to say that beta9 is currently out. Beta10 is going to be a very large update. Due to various problems with the ~75 trigger boss quest, I have remade it and changed the regions to be easier to manage. Around 30 triggers now; no doubt there will be a bug or two though.

Adding in a new weapon line, Wands. They will deal magic damage and have a chance to strike with spells on attack (elemental forms)

Adding in a minor spell pack, a lot of new ults; handful of other skills.

Remaking gladiator mode. Though I hate the mode, there are a handful of players who love it, and the various problems with the old scripting are... annoying.

Fixing up CTF mode a little bit also. KOTH works fine though. 1 outta 5 things done right isn't too bad.

Possibly adding the gauntlet into Beta10, but not too sure. I will post my changelog when it is finished.

Tar-Quaeron

Reaction score
Hey,

I'm a huge fan of CHA. I've only played up until version 6.2, the really old one, still by Slayerdragon I believe. It's very hard to find games on the Northrend server (in fact I think I've seen one in like 6 months and I play pretty regularly) although probably that's also because you're editing and haven't released a new final version yet. The main problem I found with the 6.2 CHA was that intelligence heroes just didn't work. It was either go massive strength with vampiric attack, evasion and endurance aura or agility speed demon.
May I ask a question? I don't know if the magic barrage spell is still in your newer versions. If it is, could you possibly tell me what it's based on? How it works?
I guess I should go try out your last beta.

Glorn2

Slap n' Tickle
Reaction score
6.2 is about a year and a half old now, made by Fyuo. We have bots that run on US-East and US-West 24 hours a day; v-bot and wrathbot. The majority of CHA players are on those two servers; east is a lot more active than west. If you have decent internet, you can connect to one of those two servers and find ample games In a post above, and on the title post, there should be links to various downloads. http://www.mapgnome.org/map-info/461717 That is the current edit. the entire game has been remade; and all of the skills rebalanced, a dozen times; so it isn't very much like the old edits used to be; in terms of balance and general gameplay.

Magic Barrage is based on fan of knives. As such, it isn't really spell damage. It isn't increased by banish of Weak C; and isn't reduced by spell reduction items. Auto targets every enemy in X range around the caster, and striked them with a... idk, missile of sorts.

Glorn2

Slap n' Tickle
Reaction score
bump for a new edit, found on mapgnome. Also, just an update:
Had a bug causing a game crash, still working on it. Once it is fixed, there will be a final version of this map released. After that, I will look into creating a Custom Hero Arena for SCII. If I ever get around to it; I will post a link to the plans for it. I'll bump this again when the final edit is out.

Xentagia

Reaction score
help plz

Hey Glorn2,

my friend and I play Cha all the time, we currently play beta 18. we introduced it to some other guys here in South Africa and everyone love the game. thank you so much for making such a kick ass map.
we have a problem creating immoratals armor, because we cant get Ragnorak's armor, we get his hron, but don't know what to do with it. plz help me!!

tnx a lot
Xentagia

Glorn2

Slap n' Tickle
Reaction score
http://www.epicwar.com/maps/147291/

There is a link to the newest version of the map; much more PVP oriented.

Xentagia, Sorry to say, Immortals Armor cannot be made yet; In Beta20, the horn also doesn't drop. Eventually, when I remember, I will be making side quests that can lead into the building of Rag's armor and sword.

Glorn2

Slap n' Tickle
Reaction score
an update for the people who aren't members of my forum...

The skill leveling system is being changed up a bit in the next edition. Skills can level up to 15; however, heroes will still max out at 40. Interesting twist, aye? that is, you can run a 15-15-6-4 build if you want. I might be adding a final level to ultimate skills though, and I will be making a few purchasable skill points (costing more, the more you buy, with a cap of 3-4)

This should bring a new dimension into skill leveling, and give some early/mid skills some late game potential.

Also, I have done a lottttt of tooltip revising; thanks to a number of people who have been tirelessly going through my tips, 1 at a time; and grammartizing them.

our last tourny has recently ended; tourny prizes usually involve some sort of addition to the map, named after you. Generally, it is a spot in the hall of fame. this last tourny, you had to score a total of 333 kills against other tourny players, in games with only tourny players playing. ..Took a while, lots of bloodshed. Winner was awarded the title "Champion of the Arena" whenever he plays.

^^A new tourny should be starting semi-soon, for anyone interested in the challenge.

Glorn2

Slap n' Tickle
Reaction score
Bump to say the newest edit will be public soon. Also, anyone interested in the CHA community, and upcoming events... All of the various CHA clans have joined into 1.

Within a month or two, we will start our first of a monthly CASH PRIZE tourny, which is free to enter. That is right, first place gets 50-100 dollars; and we plan to have a tourny like this every month.

Money for this is provided through google's adsense, which was recently added to our forum; so all funding comes straight from the ad-clicks of our uses. I in no way shape or form condone the abuse of googles adsense to help fund video game addiction.

Which makes me wonder how much money thehelper makes through ads...

ANYWAY, what you need to know,
new edit, lots of changes, new skills, everything is organized
1 clan now, more competitive gameplay, more active "skilled" users
We are building a new site, that is more than just a forum; it will be epic
Clicking ads can pay for tournys of your favorite map!
^^Super excited about that one by the way.

Glorn2

Slap n' Tickle
Reaction score
Just a heads up for anyone who follows this game at all. I am currently deep into work in a new edit... my uhhh... second final edit. A lot of big changes, including a lot of new abilities and heroes. Gameplay has also had a decent change, in the form of attack speed. A lot of bug fixes, and a lot of work in general. I havent kept a changelog of it, so, yeh know...

Either way, this new edit is still being tested, but it should be public in a couple of months.

Also, I have decided to move to SCII, after I complete my next edit. I had many reasons against it; but the limitations of the WCIII engine compared to SCII... And, well... There is so much potential for a great game.

neurapraxia

Reaction score
Glorn long time no see cha isnt dead on warcraft yet? I tried to play your game on the v-bot 2 weeks ago but the lobby never filled. I ended up hosting my own which I got a full game is your v-bot unpopular or something? I like the fact that you got rid of the extremely op layout Slayer had that everyone kept using. I still think that the most imbalance element of your game is pooling. When somebody leaves and they leave gold your 3x as strong and are gaining expereince at 3x the rate. Other then that I like what the map has developed into. Im glad to hear that your finally moving the game to SC2 you should play smashcraft sometime for some ideas it is by far the best hero arena I have ever played over bnet cha is like a distant second no offense.

Glorn2

Slap n' Tickle
Reaction score
Hey Neura, glad you still exist.

Verti, the guy who runs the bot, got hacked via teamviewer. They messed all of his stuff up, including his bot. He should have it fixed now though; I think 3 days ago, he finally got it working right again.

Pretty funny, I was playing a game of 6.2 with a guy who was hosting it, and I was lucky enough to be on team 2. As soon as the game started, it all came back to me. A solid 3 seconds closer to my first 2 spawns; and easier access to the center two.

http://www.epicwar.com/maps/168300/
^^Newest CHA beta, for anyone who wants it.

I agree that pooling can ruin a game, but I really cannot put a stop to it. In same cases, it is needed in small amounts. I cannot remove the "give gold" function, because donating a few hundred gold right before a duel is good teamwork. It is hard to help noob allies, if you cant give them anything. Not many people play drop mode... I think I removed it... I cant recall everything I do.

Anyway, the new edit take a few more things into account, and makes all of the classes more "class specific". Big change? Agility only gives .5% attack speed per point. 800 AGI= max attack. In comparison, this is a decent buff to the playability of AGI. This also nerfs the farming power of int heroes. AGI gives more armor per point also; which helps strength. Also, with less agility, people deal less DPS, giving the HP of str a nice boost; in comparison. Other than that, I added a lot of skills, some heroes, ect. Fixed some "game modes" so they are better balanced. I made Yiff scale in difficulty about 50% faster. It is pretty hard, without a bossing build, to get him on auto-farm now.

neurapraxia

Reaction score
That sounds great and all Glorn but I think I am going to wait until you launch your sc version of cha. I only came to play wc that day for the nostalgia of things. I found myself being overly depressed that my friends were all gone and a lot of the games that I loved to play were not being hosted. I will keep tabs on your progress what I like about sc is sometimes some of my wc favorites pop up and I cant wait for cha to be one of those.

Glorn2

Slap n' Tickle
Reaction score
Just an update for people still following this:
http://www.epicwar.com/maps/180992/
Newest beta; getting close to the final.
V-bot hosts it on all servers; if you cannot find him, try v-bot2
Wrathbot hosts on east and west.

I will know in about a month if I can start on the SC2 editor. Work and such keeps me busy these days.

Glorn2

Slap n' Tickle
Reaction score
random, thing to add; but I realized that I never posted my SC2 project here. I keep it most up to date on my forum, www.chao.forumclan.net Though, I truly do not update what I have done often enough. Changelogs are for people who would rather talk than do.

Anyway, SC2 CHA is out; called CHA-Alpha released under the account name "Flurgenburg" ID 920. Someday, I will get a name change...

Basic info on it:
Similar to WC3 CHA, except you also pick your stats as you level. there are 8 different stats. The item system is a lot more basic, it takes about 1 game played to fully understand the item system; and there is no time wasted looking for recipes. The game is a lot faster paced than wc3 CHA; caster and auto-attackers have defined roles, but both are pretty equal throughout all parts of the game. The game itself is a lot broader, while at the same time being much simpler and easier to learn. If it sounds interesting, chao.forumclan.net has a lot of info on it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.