Custom hero Creation skill icon positioning

warroom99

Reaction score
how can i make the new skill be on its proper place.. for ex.

|1|2|3|4|

lets pretend thats the buttons... i chose to have the skill blizzard for the first one and banish for the second one....

(1 = blizzard 2 = banish) Blizzard & Banish's research button is 0,0 and their normal buttons are 0,2

but if i learn banish first the order would be like this

|2|1|3|4|

how could i prevent this?

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
Correct the button position from Object Editor.
It's like this:

6ykkf8y.jpg

warroom99

Reaction score
gosh.. i can't explain it properly...

the problem is this..

i made a shop which sells the abilities...

the abilities are:
blizzard
banish
flamestrike
stormbolt
etc.

they all have the same button positioning(i made it that way so that when the unit buys a skill it would go to the first skill position which is 0,2)

but when he buys a second skill it should be 1,2 ryt? but it's still 0,2 s when i learn the second skill(banish - as used as an example in the first post) first it goes to the first slot then when i learn the first skill(blizzard - as used as an example in the first post) it goes to the second skill slot which is 1,2 - it supposed to be 0,2...

Reaction score
It can't be controlled as far as i know... Even when you set it in the object editor, you want them all to be in that specific row, but when you learn them from the shop, it will change, as well as when the hero learns it so you can use it.

It isn't really a problem is it? unless you're setting the hotkeys to reference specific slots...

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
Well there is another way. But this another way is too time consuming. Ok here you go
you will have 3 the same spells with different button positions. You will have three shops one is for button 1 and the other for button 2. It will also mean 3 custom items. Then you will limit the purchasing of the item to 1 per shop and also limit the player purchasing the same item from the next shops. But I dont think that you should do this, it is really time consuming.

warroom99

Reaction score
Well there is another way. But this another way is too time consuming. Ok here you go
you will have 3 the same spells with different button positions. You will have three shops one is for button 1 and the other for button 2. It will also mean 3 custom items. Then you will limit the purchasing of the item to 1 per shop and also limit the player purchasing the same item from the next shops. But I dont think that you should do this, it is really time consuming.
doing that would be tons of abilities(lots of custom abilities) ryt?

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
its just like a graph in math class or something...
with the X,Y
X goes 4 across, 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Y goes 3 down

so if you want something to be on the first space, just make it 0,0

This help suks compared to the graphs i know lol

And to the second question, it isn't impossible but like <someone> said, it IS time consuming. You'd have to check every time you test it and change the button positioning. I dont even know what the question is.... lol

but basically, u have to find out where you want it, make the button positioning for the item AND the skill AND the skill research AND anything else...

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
Well I think there is no other way than do the items and skill three times. There is not even a trigger that would change the button position, or maybe try the reserve hero skill thing trigger, I'm not sure what it does I never even tried it once.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.