Custom Hero Line Wars - |Mod's Pick|

Reaction score
Dragon-Net said:
Your version is not fun, all can choose same spells, its not good, why do you make lots of heroes when you just need 6, 2 int, 2 str, 2 agi, just 1 meele and 1 range, it is very bad. I still prefere Lition, I didn't like Lition for 3 mounths ago, now its very cool =)

I think your map will be better when all shines are weaker and all heroes got spells when you choose them and Balance the spells!!!

Ty =) It would be nice when you make that.

why would i make it so that the heros all start with spells? it defeats the purpose of "custom hero" line wars :rolleyes:
and i put in alot of heros for variety its a bit stoopid to have just 6 heros >.> thats why all those custom hero areanas have atleast 3 taverns full of heros.
and so what if everyone can pick the same skills? you can do that in hero arenas too, its hardly my fault everyone likes to be boring and pick demon hunter with vamp aura cleave evasion crit strike and mirror image. they should all try doing that on harder difficulties and see how long they last especially on impossible. =_=
and about the shrines, thats the way i wanted them to be STRONG so that they do SOMETHING to the higher level creep instead of benig all pussy whipped and doin nothing to level 1 creep, in so many other versions ive played.
and yes i know i need to balance spells it doesnt help me that you just say "balance the spells" which ones? <.< thatd be more helpful

@ the guy who posted before:
so dont play it? and what commands did u want? -ap -ar -sm -dm -ma -ms? >.> and trust me, if you need stats to hold up on normal or hard then theres either a possibility of 2 things:
1- you dont know how to build a hero with skills that compliment each other

OR

2- your team is just plain crap

and have you checked the version ive got posted up here? i put in stats for all those who complained.

lllidan

Reaction score
I liked it. To be honest I thought it was going to be a piece of shit, but it's pretty good. Don't listen to those other fools.

A few suggestions though:
-Get rid of all Blizzard spells (or just change the missile art :) )
-Have more items, maybe with recipes.

Um, that's it! :)

Reaction score
thanks illidan :) glad you liked it.
i kept alot of blizzards spells mostly for familiarity, since i only gave people 3 miuntes to pick hero and skills so yeh thats my excuse :p
and as for the items/recipies =/ lol cant think of any good items worth putting in that wouldnt unbalance things and make it too easy... :eek:

F

Flare

spell suggestion

I have a skill suggestion. It may seem a little imba unless you keep its damage down :) its a multiple direction shockwave. i am absolutely rubbish with triggers but i am able 2 make that which proves it fairly simple :) or maybe an aoe impale? i made my aoe impale so that it works the very same way as shockwave cept with the impale effects etc. perhaps an aoe hex/polymorph/slow/some other debuff???

p.s. great fan of this map, i host it all the time :)

F

Flare

question...

sorry for double posting but u can no longer get 2 of the same item anymore??? and perhaps u shud reduce the effect of debilitation aura somewat... if u get speeding slash as an ulti and went into nme lane, u can easily kill them if u negate ... 2560? of their armor... did u reduce the exp given for draeneis??? i was getting from lvl 12 with barely any of the exp nar filled, to just over lvl 13 with small part of bar filled... sry if this has been updated ages ago, i only played v1.00 cuz i cudnt find a newer version xD

C

ChaChing

this is hosted alot on northrend

in my opinion it sux

its just a rip-off ver of Enhanced, with that lumber, and the custom hero system added to it and the fucked-up lumber system to it, and its messed up now up in my opinion

and what is with no credits to the version u edited?? lol -.-

Reaction score
uh... what credits would i have to give? since i did make it myself >.> if you really dont believe me ill post up an alpha/beta :rolleyes:

geez whats with all these people thinking i just edited the map >.> im not that tactless to not give credit where its due =_=

and to flare yes i changed alot of stuff so that you cant take 2 of the same skills anymore since it screws up your hero :rolleyes: and also the exp is alot more balanced =p no more dranei abusing!! :p

F

Flare

hmmm

oh u said u cant take 2 of the same spells??? i thought u said items xD i assume u can still buy same items twice like rings n claws etc... i can send u a demo map i made with aoe impale... most of the other skills dont work properly though xD i tried make random flamestrikes but it doesnt work as i planned

Reaction score
lol well post up your demo map and ill take a look =p and ofcourse ill give credit =). >.> chaching >.>

and also there is a "random" flame strike spell, take a look at fire storm in the AoE spell shop, its there.

well the heros are meant to be clones of each other theyre just a skin so you can pick whatever you like, what your really picking when you choose a hero is its main attribute and whether its a melee or ranged hero.

ill think about the innate ability thing but i dont think i have space for it on the hero, since you have 5 abilities and if you buy stats it takes up the last slot. but ill think about it ;)

I

Icehunter

Grr

I will say I dont like your Hero Line, I personly think its sux, I got whole new feelings when I play your map and it is very bad and boring feelings, Custom Hero Line Wars sux like hell.

Make something better !!! or I will never play this version again!

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
demo map

my random flamestrike ability is fucked up th... it hits completely random areas withint bout 1000 range... it isnt working proplery unfrotunately though becuz it shud be creating 3 flamestrikes insted of 2 xD ill fix or remove that and submit the demo map with the post... im gonna try and make multiplate shockwave novas at once now xD if you wanna contact me, my MSN is [email protected] and my xfire is odcukflare

edit: the impale nova will give u the coordinates or watever for diagonally targetted spells. i didnt kno how 2 do that when i initially made the multi directional shockwave spell

Attachments

• TEMPLATE FOR TRIGGERS.w3x
    27.5 KB · Views: 452
  • Trigger Test.w3x
    25.5 KB · Views: 434
Reaction score
Icehunter said:
I will say I dont like your Hero Line, I personly think its sux, I got whole new feelings when I play your map and it is very bad and boring feelings, Custom Hero Line Wars sux like hell.

Make something better !!! or I will never play this version again!

"make something better"

genius [/sarcasm]

:nuts:

Reaction score
ok lol... let me start off by saying theyre good ideas!
but i dont think ill use them except maybe the elemental shockwave thing, ill probably edit that alittle but ill give you credit :)

now with your heavenly pillar, its alot like solar flare just different art and you can move around, i like the concept so ill most likely change some things with it.

ive got a firestorm already XD

like i said above about your elemental shockwave ;)

i dont really like that frost nova thingy thats random [forgot what it was called]
besides ive got 2 spells that use the frost nova art already =/

and ill think about adding spike surge, still kinda iffy on it.

also just a comment on your triggering style.
use loops! itd cut down your code ALOT like those many many lined ones
why set a variable when youre not gonna use it? its just gonna take a memory.
use channel. its alot more flexible then roar, howl and things like that.

all in all you did a decent job :)

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
ahm...

thx, and as regards the last comment, i am very new to triggering and a friend of mine told me to use the variable but i have long forgotten the reason why. spike surge wudnt be bad for custom hlw imo if u reduced the range significantly. the random frost nova was just a test to see if i cud actually do that properly :D .well, thanx anyways :)

PS: ive never bothered to use solar flare

edit: i think u shud put in the tomes again... maybe if u increased their cost and increased the required agi per point of armor and prim stat per point of damage n such. i think it wud make games last longer becoz every time i play on latest ver, the game ends around lvl 3 shrines becoz ppl dont have the hp and armor without buying armor boosting skills or items. just a suggestion tho :)

edit again: if u wanna try and stop tome abusing, maybe the tome shops shud be based on a racial shop insted of a neutral one, i dont recall being able to use enemy shops in melee maps. thatll stop ppl teleporting and taking all the tomes. i assume thats the kind of abuse u were talking bout :p

edit yet again: wat do u mean "use channel"? is that some sort of thing in the actions list or something for trigger editor?

M

MeDDish

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT.... ill give it a 9.5/10

id like to see buying stats with the -str max command....
and the 'raise bugs' skill it needs to be lvled up @ the end of the game (to weak!) and scaled down @ the start of the game (to strong) also some sorta timed life on them would be good... something like 5 min just so they die sooner or later cuz i was stuck with a stack of lvl 1's cuz i couldnt raise my lvl 4's cuz i was maxed out...
and there where so many lvl 1's they took out all tier 1 creeps by them selfs (i went to help the other side)

apart from that SWEET MAP I LOVE IT!!!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.