Custom Hero Line Wars - |Mod's Pick|

M

MaltTaquila

Nice!

baka-ranger said:
hey guys this is a hero line war map where you can build your own hero!

that is a cool idea... im DYING to play!

haha :nuts: haha

M

MaltTaquila

sorry for double post but this youtube techies suicide is cool.... i wish i was this good with techies....

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZES3EZ4wkI8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZES3EZ4wkI8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

if this doesnt work then go here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZES3EZ4wkI8

hellmonja27

Reaction score
dowloaded it. will give feedbacks in 2 days. work was killer and i already have 5 maps i want to review...

STILL, AS PROMISED...

i don't really get it. i pick a hero, 3 skills and an ultimate, got transported into the terrain then it said i should spawn creeps. ok so i finally found where to after 10 minutes. i click the thing and the creep spawned in another lane. huh? :confused: i usual test maps more than once but somehow i lost the urge to try a second time. i'll probably test it again until i get answers...

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
ahm...

hellmonja27 said:
dowloaded it. will give feedbacks in 2 days. work was killer and i already have 5 maps i want to review...

STILL, AS PROMISED...

i don't really get it. i pick a hero, 3 skills and an ultimate, got transported into the terrain then it said i should spawn creeps. ok so i finally found where to after 10 minutes. i click the thing and the creep spawned in another lane. huh? :confused: i usual test maps more than once but somehow i lost the urge to try a second time. i'll probably test it again until i get answers...

have u ever played a hero line wars map hellmonja? if u havent, the intention is for u to remove enemy teams lives by spawning creeps and the enemy must do the same to you. kinda like a hero defense map (maybe ;p) cept someone is using gold to create the creeps

Y

Yarid

Fun

I've been a fan of Hero Line Wars since I picked up 7.9 Enhanced... all those years ago. Anyway. With the outbreak of Lition games ( :banghead: ), this is by far my favorite HLW. The only complaint I have (and you address it in the loading screen) is that you can't "rambo," that you actively need teamwork. I don't mind this, but it seems to me that it's a lot harder to solo a side than it used to be in those older Hero Line Wars. There are occassions where a hero will NEED to solo a given part of the map, if for no other reason than that their teammates are dead.

Still and all, 9/10 from me. That last point is solely from the fact that, once you die, you can pretty much kiss your future survival goodbye. The game's experience scales so quickly that one death can put you an almost irretrievable 2-5 levels behind the rest of the players.

Reaction score
hellmonja27 said:

STILL, AS PROMISED...

well as flare said/asked you'd have had to have played a hero line war map before to know how to play, ive been trying to implement small things into the into the game to "teach" people how to play without getting in the way, such as an "intro", so yes it is a problem i still need to fix with my map as its aimed mainly at hero line war veterans.
its a game that you cant play solo so youd have to play on bnet, and it doesnt really need testing lol, its a pretty much finished product.
but the basic premise is:
you start off picking a hero with 4 skills and an ulti then you get moved to the lane where the action really starts
every 20 seconds you get an income which is dependent on the kind of creep you summon. each creep you summon goes to the other lane which will try to kill the heros of the opposing team in an attempt to reach the endzone.
is basically a hero defense map in the way that you have to stop creep from reaching your endzone.

Yarid said:
I've been a fan of Hero Line Wars since I picked up 7.9 Enhanced... all those years ago. Anyway. With the outbreak of Lition games ( ), this is by far my favorite HLW. The only complaint I have (and you address it in the loading screen) is that you can't "rambo," that you actively need teamwork. I don't mind this, but it seems to me that it's a lot harder to solo a side than it used to be in those older Hero Line Wars. There are occassions where a hero will NEED to solo a given part of the map, if for no other reason than that their teammates are dead.

Still and all, 9/10 from me. That last point is solely from the fact that, once you die, you can pretty much kiss your future survival goodbye. The game's experience scales so quickly that one death can put you an almost irretrievable 2-5 levels behind the rest of the players.
well as the creator of the map, i dont really find it all that hard to solo :p but ofcourse as others may play, i do think it is alittle unforgiving on levels past the first tier of creep, but this is mostly due to a few factors that i have found while playing:
+ people abuse the shrine on tier 1 creep, which is meant to be the "beefing" stage, where your hero should get to an adequate level, but alas people like to abuse the shrine and therefore get no EXP while the other teams income increases and summoning stronger creep, which makes it harder and harder.

+ people like to tech rush. tier 2 creep are a pretty big jump from tier 1 creep but shouldnt be too much of a problem if you all leveled properly on tier 1 creep. even so this isnt really a problem on Normal difficulty, but perhaps one on higher diffuculties depending on the settings used.

about your last comment with dying and being left behind, EXP wise.... well, isnt that part of the allure to the game? [no offense intended] perhaps your build for that game wasnt good enough? and that a new build should be devised?
that was my main intention of this game, to get people to think, so it wasnt just a simple Hero Line map where you have unbalanced heros, its upto you to CREATE the "unbalanced" hero. But then therein lies the problem, im still trying to balance the skills, mostly in the nukes section and a few ultis.
but thanks for the good feed back :)

Y

Yarid

Yeah, part of it's almost certainly my build. I've noticed, also, that summons don't seem to scale with the creeps. For example, if I take (and max) either Black Arrow or bugs, they just get rolled right over by most of the Tier 2 creeps. Is that intended?

hellmonja27

Reaction score
i see i see. so the creep going into the other lane wasn't a bug after all. you're sending the creep to your opponent. i see the premise now.

but all the same the idea isn't conveyed clearly in the game. anyway, i see now i'm not really qualified to review this map.:p i usually test alone and am not a hero line war veteran. so i'll just wish you luck with the map...

Reaction score
hellmonja27 said:
i see i see. so the creep going into the other lane wasn't a bug after all. you're sending the creep to your opponent. i see the premise now.

but all the same the idea isn't conveyed clearly in the game. anyway, i see now i'm not really qualified to review this map.:p i usually test alone and am not a hero line war veteran. so i'll just wish you luck with the map...

well as i said before it doesnt need so much testing as its pretty much a finished product except for balancing issues. ive ironed out most of the bugs myself in the earlier versions so there isnt really anything game breaking (that i know of).
but if youd like to give it a whirl on bnet id be glad to have a go with you :) to show you what its really like in action ;) and the comment about needing to be a "veteran" Hero Line player is not so much as experience but merely in knowing the basics of play, ie summoning for income.

Yarid said:
Yeah, part of it's almost certainly my build. I've noticed, also, that summons don't seem to scale with the creeps. For example, if I take (and max) either Black Arrow or bugs, they just get rolled right over by most of the Tier 2 creeps. Is that intended?
what difficulty are you playing on? coz they should last till atleast the end of tier 2 on normal. its kinda intended to be that way, so that you dont solely rely on your summons to fight for you/the team. its basically there to help the other team mates with leveling at the start, as some skills need to be of a decent level before they start being truly effective, hence the premise of the team work. :) but i will look into it myself to see because black arrow and carrion beetles is a popular skill choice and ill decide whether or not it requires further buffing:)

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
kill em back?

Yarid said:
I've been a fan of Hero Line Wars since I picked up 7.9 Enhanced... all those years ago. Anyway. With the outbreak of Lition games ( :banghead: ), this is by far my favorite HLW. The only complaint I have (and you address it in the loading screen) is that you can't "rambo," that you actively need teamwork. I don't mind this, but it seems to me that it's a lot harder to solo a side than it used to be in those older Hero Line Wars. There are occassions where a hero will NEED to solo a given part of the map, if for no other reason than that their teammates are dead.

it aint really an irretrievable 2-5 levels behind... u cud just save up a few rounds of ur income then spawn enuf crap 2 kill em and maybe do it again when they revive :D thatll get u time 2 retrieve exp

A

AlLoCuRa

hmmmm....
the black dragon's degeneration aura has an insane degen speed and makes stuff get stuck at 1 HP >_>
so they never die
and in Tier 4 there is some mob that LAGS THE SH*T OUT OF THE GAME
you have to crash Warcraft to get out of it

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
AlLoCuRa said:
hmmmm....
the black dragon's degeneration aura has an insane degen speed and makes stuff get stuck at 1 HP >_>
so they never die
and in Tier 4 there is some mob that LAGS THE SH*T OUT OF THE GAME
you have to crash Warcraft to get out of it
Wow, this map has much negative views, and some positive.
But, never give up Baka-Ranger, if you stop for some silly comments, you'll end up weak.Strenghten up and try to find any ideas to make the map better.Ask for testers, that is the best option you have (I would gladly test ;)) and fix many things.Then your map from a crap (as many would say) will pass content and go through gratefulness, then will become a great one.Real Passionate WE mappers NEVER adapt their maps to any nazed views; instead, they apply to them with confidence.You shall remember that.
And by the way, I find your map good ;):)

A

AlLoCuRa

NiKaNoRoU_GR said:
Wow, this map has much negative views, and some positive.
But, never give up Baka-Ranger, if you stop for some silly comments, you'll end up weak.Strenghten up and try to find any ideas to make the map better.Ask for testers, that is the best option you have (I would gladly test ;)) and fix many things.Then your map from a crap (as many would say) will pass content and go through gratefulness, then will become a great one.Real Passionate WE mappers NEVER adapt their maps to any nazed views; instead, they apply to them with confidence.You shall remember that.
And by the way, I find your map good ;):)
oh the map is AWSOME
it's the best line war I've seen it just has some polishing to be done because it's a new map 8D

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
AlLoCuRa said:
oh the map is AWSOME
it's the best line war I've seen it just has some polishing to be done because it's a new map 8D
Yes indeed.Thank you for supporting my opinion on this ;)

Reaction score
haha thanks guys, thanks for your support. i know there are gonna be people who dont like my map, but i hate it when theyre just noobs who go "oh its shit i dont like it, make it better" that just annoys me...

anyways thanks to everyone for your support AlLocura for bug reporting to me every way possible lol. yes i fixed it last night, but unfortunately degen aura had to get nerfed big time. so ya no uber degen anymores...

i hope you guys play this alot as im hoping to get it more popular then hero line wars lition XD which i think is pretty crap becuase of the hero teleport.... >.>
but then maybe i need a website or some such thing for it... but oh wells

ill probably also be adding screenies or maybe a replay later.. :p

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
baka-ranger said:
haha thanks guys, thanks for your support. i know there are gonna be people who dont like my map, but i hate it when theyre just noobs who go "oh its shit i dont like it, make it better" that just annoys me...

anyways thanks to everyone for your support AlLocura for bug reporting to me every way possible lol. yes i fixed it last night, but unfortunately degen aura had to get nerfed big time. so ya no uber degen anymores...

i hope you guys play this alot as im hoping to get it more popular then hero line wars lition XD which i think is pretty crap becuase of the hero teleport.... >.>
but then maybe i need a website or some such thing for it... but oh wells

ill probably also be adding screenies or maybe a reply later.. :p
Have no worries about your map; just keep on making it.
My post above reflects my just honest opinion ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.