Custom Hero Line Wars - |Mod's Pick|

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
skill suggestion/change

i got a suggestion as regards that gambler spell thats in ulti shop. insted of setting ur hp to one, maybe if it dealt a random amount of dmg between 1 and 99% of ur current hp? automatically being set to 1 hp sounds like very bad luck or u just cant gamble :p and maybe increased levels reduces the max % loss by maybe... 2-3%??? i think line of code for that is:
damage triggering unit for random integer between 1 and [current life of caster X 0.99] - [current life of caster x 0.02] x [real level of ability for triggering unit]

i saw that u used the multi directional shockwave spell, u made it look real nice, i wudve never thought of phoenix atk or carrion swarm :)

edit: atm, im working on getting a nice movement spell working, similar to speeding slash except it wud be fluid movement rather than instantaneous :D ill send u demo map of it if i get it working

EDIT!!!
i was just browsing thru the thread earlier 2day, and i noticed the amount of absolutely stupid comments on the map i.e. the "god this sucks make a good map" ones. to those people i wish to say MAKE SUGGESTIONS TO TRY AND MAKE THE MAP BETTER IF U THINK ITS SO CRAP OR GO MAKE UR OWN MAP FFS. i wud like to see ANY of the ppl who made stupid complaints bout the map make a better one. and there was one comment bout choosing ur skills... thats to allow ppl 2 make heroes according to their way of playing e.g. i like heroes with a good number of passives which will be of great benefit to me throughout the game since they USUALLY get stronger as ur hero does but every other HLW map has preset heroes which gives very little variety etc. well, thats my rant for today :D

EDIT:
ok, im having alot of trouble with a smooth movement skill, but im gonna try my luck with a corpse explosion type spell :D im FAIRLY sure i can do the triggers for that, and ill submit a demo map if i get it done. sry that i didnt post this on ur CHLW site forums but computers at school block the site for some reason so i have 2 post on this until i go home

C

CompXxX

Do You Know Hints In Customherolinewars 1.3

can you please tell me the secret recipes i already know most of them:)

D

delta2992

I'm a fan

Just saying that i really enjoy the map:D , but a few probs

1. not many people host on my server (lordaron or woteva)
2. i really hate noobs who get all summoning skills, tkae ur kills when u 1st begin:banghead: and then whine in end game when there summons get killed in one hit:eek:

ty for listening and hopefully replying to a simple old pissed off man.:nuts:

Reaction score
@compxxx:

if you know most of them, then it shouldnt be too hard to find the rest. :p

and allocura would most likely beat you, he beats me >.>
but if you want to challenge him then goto my website here and post up a challenge.

@Delta2992:
yes noobs are annoying, especially annoying ones XD
any ways im holding a tournament at the moment and looking for one more person, if youd like to play then just sign up on the link above.

and sorry for advertising >.< not entirely intentional, i just want people to have a better experience with my map. sorry!!

D

delta2992

ha ha thank you

thx for the offer baka but i think I'm still in training seeing as i can never get into a good game. i just would like to know about any kool new things coming up in newer versions.:shades:

S

scythetleppo

get off your fat ass and add the multiboard before i go kill your sister's hamster.

i hate typing in -income and having to kinda look all quickly.

also, put total number of kills and income on it.

start.

also you spelled than wrong in your 1.3c loading screen if you care.
and i suggest you make taunt do something additional, since no one has probably ever picked it.
and also if you change the corpse decay value to lower in the gameplay constants you might reduce some lag.
do you know how to remove leaks?

S

sleepovr

Damn I want to reply this so much, I've to wait till get registered.

First of all, I love this map. Sadly, in my region, there is not much good players. Most of them just noobs coming by said "So ... what map is this ?" and I have to kick them out of the room.

I've some complain here. This map is laggy >.< Specially when I play on LAN. Crap, at impossible level the game crashed on tier 2. The funny thing is, we can played on Battle Net with just some minor lag, until Tier 4 or End Game.

Some comment ... Most of the people I know playing this map, prefer to pick passive + aura abilities, critical or drunken brawler, for example. Why ? Because mid game, they can tank with some decent item + kill maim. One or two of my friends pick nuke abilities just for leveling without potion. They mob the monster around and nuke em.

I rarely see player pick taunt, web, frost arrow, and some other arrow skills.

Btw I'm glad you working on some bug, that let you snipe near "repick here" with eagle eye or lightray (i forgot skill name, sorry if i'm wrong), AND last night I play till that END GAME tree come out, but CASTLE can hold them with healing ward and statis trap, but at one side of spawning portal, the creeps stuck, they can't move (one thing that made me win the game :D) I hope you can fix it, if this is a major thing that hapend lategame when END GAME TREE coming out with huge number.

I think add some atribute when killing creep is not a good idea. Late game you will see super hero that can beat END GAME TREE !!!

Thx, and forgive me for my bad English :D

I'll report on something new if I found one interesting.

T

TheOneWithin

Hey there, im a huge fan of CHLW - i have 2 perfect builds (even though you claim its impossible to get them but owell...)

Firstly, to all you people who think that this sucks, or you dont like it cos its too hard - stop your damned whining!

If you dont like it, dont play it - simple as that

If its too hard, thats cos you havent got a good build -- i can hold a line on my own all game - hell, i usually end up holding BOTH lines on my own -- its all about getting a good build and good items.

For Baka --

Nice idea on limiting items to 1 per player -- used to be able to run around with 2 Godly Armour, 2 Immortals Helm and 2 of the uber scythe (i forget what its called)

I had a few ideas for you, but ive managed to forget them :banghead:

A few quick questions --

The magic shrine -- the dragon spell -- whats that about?
I know it kills all creeps, but it only works down 1 lane - is it supposed to be like that?

At level 100, do you still get "Blink"?
Ive never actually reached level 100, so i wouldnt know lol

I think Cleaving Attack needs Nerfing - at level 10 it does more damage to creeps around the one you're hitting than to the one you're hitting...?

If you want new skills, maybe try "Combat Master" or "Death Strike" (Stolen from Custom Hero Arena but what the hey...) -- Combat master = Small chance to Crit Strike, Small Evade Bonus... Death Strike gives very small chance to do huge damage (1% chance to do 5x or 6x damage...)

Everything else is awesome...

Maybe a Sniper Hero? Str Based with Massive Attack damage, Massive Range but very slow firing rate + low agi...

An idea for a new item : Combinations of recipes to make new items...

Eg. Immortals Helm + Godly Armour + A Weapon = Set Armour which gives HUGE Bonuses....

Id also quite like to see a Duelling Section... Id Love to be able to call someone on the other team a Noob and then prove it to them....

Thats all i can think of atm (quite a lot - sorry)

Once again, I Love this map

TheOneWithin

T

TheOneWithin

Oh yeh, and id quite like to see Tomes of Power for 1 lumber each with blink at level 100 / 200 (so you can tele over and own enemy heroe if theyre not dying...)

OR

have a shop which sells a timed Blink, Ie. The Hero can blink to anywhere on the map for 1 Minute, after that they are teleported back to their own side...

Ive been in games where even the End Game summoning Shrine isnt enough to kill some Heroes (such as mine lol, although the Creeps which Bash normally finish me off unless i use avatar...) and so being able to tele over would be useful...

Reaction score
@scythetlepoo
multi-board is a good idea, but i think itll clutter the screen, even though you can hide it. Its not too important to know your income against others in my opinion anyway.

fixed the typo, and im currently working on ways to beef up lesser used skills such as taunt as you suggested.
does removing the corpse effect spells like animate dead? as in, since theres no corpse there can you still animate it?
and yes i know how to remove memory leaks, but i was told that just using variables would be ok, and that theyd over write themselves with each run of the trigger, which turned out to be wrong. so i need to fix the leaks.

@sleepovr
I think that you should let them play anyway, while you may be looking for a good game, you will need to expose people to it so that they can learn to play it, so then in the long term you will have more more experienced people to play.

Taking passives is an easy way to play, dont have to do anything but watch your life and summon. Its ALOT more fun to play a nuker, even though its harder with a weaker hero and more things to manage, in my opinion its more fun.

you can snipe from the "repick" area, but ranged creep will still hit you. And what castle? (-_-a) creeps getting stuck only happen when people mass a WHOLE lot of creep, then wc3 cant handle that many and it kinda blocks them up...

@theonewithin
lol perfect builds? perfect on normal and perfect on impossible are COMPLETELY different matters...

The dragon from the shrine can only be used once and only clears one lane. which is why its cheaper then wave but more expensive then forked lightning.
The reason it can only be used once is, because that its the only shrine spell that gives experience when used.

no you dont get any extra abilities aside from attribute bonus. Its hard to get to level 100+ most games will only go to abt 60-70. level 100 will usually happen in uneven teams, ie 1v5 etc or in drawn out matches.
While on the topic, levels are important, but the way the game progresses theres never a need to "buy levels". As for hero tele, just a comment. Stoopidest. Idea. Ever. [no offense to you intended]
i HATE hero tele from gay lition [no offense to anyone that likes lition] but seriously, hero tele just ruins the whole idea of line wars. ive never seen a never ending game. the longest game ive played is an hour, tops. Thats inhouse with friends that all know how to play decently.
If the game looks like its not going to end anytime soon, kick in offensive shrine, throw in a torndao to disrupt them.

The reason cleave does more to the creep surrounding then to the actual creep, is because that cleave ignores armour, so the creep surrounding will be taking full damage.

combat master is just like drunken brawler lol, and i was thinking about something like that death strike thing, for chance to insta-kill.

not currently looking for hero or item ideas, sorry. =/

i considered putting in a dueling section earlier in the production, but decided against it. I think itd disrupt the flow of the game.

Anyways, thanks for your feed back and suggestions guys.

T

TheOneWithin

Fairy nuff, i didnt know Lition started with Blink at lvl 100 (i never play it, its crap lol) i just found it on HLW 7.92 or something, decided it was fun to pawn the enemy team :rolleyes:

And i already Tornado / Mosoon enemy Heroes / Summons (funny to watch...)

and fair point about perfect builds, no hosts on Nothrend ever play on Impossible (Normal ftw!) and i cant host games myself (stupid LAN connection that im not in control of...)

Anywho, ive signed up on your website now, hopefully will find a few games to play on there :D

M

Mr. Wonko

first of all, great map! i <3 the ability to create my own heros. i'd also <3 to see this in other maps, but nobody may learn from your map because it's protected. :(
how did you do that? :confused: i mean the custom heros, not the protection^^
haven't played your map very often yet, i'll do so tomorrow so then i may give some more feedback. ;)
btw. i could help you improving the map, e.g. fixing some leaks or dunno, i think i'm at least average in using the world editor. :shades:
i'm also available for beta testing :D

-Mr. Wonko

Reaction score
Well i made a "tutorial" on the system i used which can be found here
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=45302

it kinda slid by so yeh, thats my custom hero engine.

Thanks for the offer, but no thanks. I'd prefer to keep the production inhouse, so theres no conflicting ideas on the direction of the map.
But once again thanks for the offer. :) and im glad you like it :)

H

HatoUP

I for one find it uch better than linton ! because ive plyed it about 1 million times and i get tired of the nver ending games 2the heros get old after a while 3 its sucks

Custom gives you a better varity

Some1Sneakin

Reaction score
Hey and sorry for late post...

I will just say 1 thing... your map OWN!!! 5/5 GJ

Sadly i cant host maps :mad:

But why does ppl say the shrines are hard? They shall be, only noob that cant handle hard situations say that :p

In all other HLW you always get IMBA after awhile, is that fun? Yes for you noobs not for me :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.