Tool Custom Map Ladder

phyrex1an

Staff Member and irregular helper
Reaction score
Ouch, many questions. I'll answer them as good as I can :)

>I assume they will not work because it isn' t hard to check what is your current server address (if it isn' t one of Blizzard official ones, bye, bye.).
If save games saves to the same place with an unofficial server as the official ones and the save game format is the same then there is sadly nothing I can do to stop unofficial servers to use the ladder tool.

>Didn' t they found better way to trigger "save stats",
There are other ways, but all of them include injecting dlls into wc3 or read the ram at run time. Both are techniques used by map hacks and I feel a bit uncomfortable using something that can be mistaken as a hack. Saving is something that wc3 supports and once the game is saved they don't know if another application reads from the save game.

>Big maps will take more time to "submit" scores because when you hit save it will save everything ?
The lenght of the game, number of players and number of units are more important factors than map size.
A 40 minute game of AoM takes about 5 seconds to save, compressed save game is 10MB and the uncompressed is 500MB.

>Isn' t there way to "inject" that program into Warcraft so it would start automatically?

>Or chat command what would turn program on or off from in-game like these "ping" tools do ?
That would be on the "to do" list if this becomes something that is actually used.

>This system is awsome but always people like me wants it become better and better... sad isn' t it ?
Nope ^^

>Nice work though, really !

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
I just had interesting idea, you can inject your own natives to Warcraft. What if you would use that new native with GetLocalPlayer() == Player(udg_somePlayer), will it still desync ? Only local code why it should check other players natives ? Maybe it could be used somehow ? Thinking twice it would limit players who can submit stats only to players who have special native .
Now to detect valid players (Official server(s)), maybe CustomLadderBot in somewhere who will whisper to all users who' s score was submited are they in Battle.net. If it says unknown account (They aren' t in Official Server). Of course submitted player account name and account name in servers should exist . That "check" would cause much data flow and would slow down your server ? I imagine you should look player names from every official server (Means huh 4 bots ? in different servers ?).
There would be something good too, with that check you could whisper to players their current rank or just "stats saved".

Though there are problems with players who like to spoof their name or maps what change player name to whatever (Maybe helps to save player names before that ?).
I' m working with my racing game right now. In the future (o_O) when I finish it (if I, I hope so, I need to hope.) I would use your ladder :D It would give much to just "playing that map".

EDIT:

Or better say if I don' t care about hackers (What they could hack in racing game ?) would there be easier solution to save stats ?

EDIT: You don' t have to answer, I first finish map and then I could tell how good or bad is that send stats with "save" feature. Thinking triple if people want to create their own season then they will send results too. My PC just sucks badly thats why I don' t like that save :(

phyrex1an

Reaction score
I just had interesting idea, you can inject your own natives to Warcraft. What if you would use that new native with GetLocalPlayer() == Player(udg_somePlayer), will it still desync ? Only local code why it should check other players natives ? Maybe it could be used somehow ? Thinking twice it would limit players who can submit stats only to players who have special native .
Problem is that is no way to know if a player has native or not, except calling that native and by then it's to late. Also, injecting natives is considered hacking and not something that I want to force users to do. Even reading from save games is pretty close to breaking the blizzard ToS.

Now to detect valid players (Official server(s)), maybe CustomLadderBot in somewhere who will whisper to all users who' s score was submited are they in Battle.net. If it says unknown account (They aren' t in Official Server). Of course submitted player account name and account name in servers should exist . That "check" would cause much data flow and would slow down your server ? I imagine you should look player names from every official server (Means huh 4 bots ? in different servers ?).
There would be something good too, with that check you could whisper to players their current rank or just "stats saved".
This has been a great concern for me and this is definitely a possible way, it doesn't sound as something my current server is able to handle thought. I don't really know how bots works but I think that they are only able to connect to one server at the time which mean that I must have 4 instances running at once.

Though there are problems with players who like to spoof their name or maps what change player name to whatever (Maybe helps to save player names before that ?).
The ladder currently detects players with invalid bnet names so that kind of spoof is not possible but changing the name to a valid one is something that even bnet can't detect (on custom games), maybe the above solution can help with that to. Maps that change the player name is not a problem since the name is recorded before the "Map Initialization".

I' m working with my racing game right now. In the future (o_O) when I finish it (if I, I hope so, I need to hope.) I would use your ladder :D It would give much to just "playing that map".
Definitely. No game is complete without a ladder, even blizzard knows that :p

EDIT: You don' t have to answer, I first finish map and then I could tell how good or bad is that send stats with "save" feature. Thinking triple if people want to create their own season then they will send results too. My PC just sucks badly thats why I don' t like that save :(
I did answer anyway.
I don't like the save neither, sadly that's the only blizzard supported way I know to export custom data from a game. Hopefully a save at the end of the game isn't that bad.

Good luck with your racing map. :)

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
It seems cool. But the thing is, people can just easily make a map, then protect it with an automatic win thing and just get a bunch of wins. :p

Magentix

if (OP.statement == false) postCount++;
Reaction score
Could it in any way be possible to get the scores of all players?

Say you started a game and I wanted the game to balance out the teams based on player scores...

Magentix

if (OP.statement == false) postCount++;
Reaction score
Hmm, that's sad.

Would make a huge difference in attractability :(

phyrex1an

Reaction score
It's nothing I can do something about anyway, I'm happy that there was a way to export custom data from a map without hacking the game. There's a reason why people uses "save/load" codes even when it's the most impractical way to save/load that exist. :)

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
This is recieved when attempting to add new map to ladder.

Code:
array(4) { ["mapname"]=>  array(2) { ["value"]=>  string(17) "The First Assault" ["valid"]=>  bool(true) } ["download"]=>  array(2) { ["value"]=>  string(0) "" ["valid"]=>  bool(false) } ["description"]=>  array(2) { ["value"]=>  string(0) "" ["valid"]=>  bool(true) } ["image"]=>  array(2) { ["value"]=>  array(5) { ["name"]=>  string(0) "" ["type"]=>  string(0) "" ["tmp_name"]=>  string(0) "" ["error"]=>  int(4) ["size"]=>  int(0) } ["valid"]=>  bool(true) } }

Also, is it meant for capital letters to not be allowed with user names?

phyrex1an

Reaction score
:/ One hurray for forgotten debug code. Lucky that it doesn't contain anything important...

Anyway, you did not provide a home page link. I guess that since you haven't released the map you don't have one. So, link requirement removed.

>Also, is it meant for capital letters to not be allowed with user names?
Capital letters are allowed. What did you try?

phyrex1an

Reaction score
so is this thing still working/active? because I might implement it into my map...
I assume* that it is "kinda working". It still have (a lot of) rough edges, eg impossible edit after submission. I've been planning an update within the next month for about one year now. Read: The update it coming when it's done :p

* No one have tested it in a really long time and it is living on my testing server... Not the most never-changing thing in this universe.

If you want to give it a try then I'm happy to help.

Terrabull

Veteran Member (Done that)
Reaction score
I'm considering adding this to Civ and Recruit Wars. Have you thought about using replays to detect data?
Also, how do you prevent people from submitting the same game multiple times?

jim7777

Reaction score
Uhmm hello.......

I very like this ladder system. I try to import it to my map and change on how it works with the score and everything else. But when i protect it, warcraft doesn't read it anymore. When I create my map, it just redirects to the Game List instead of the Game Room.

I use Vexorian's Map Optimizer 4.9.

But when I removed the libraries... it just works fine..... Could you please try to reconstruct the libraries in a readable manner...... if you can because I really want to use it for my map... Thanks

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.