Custom Melee Map.Help Needed

D359

Reaction score
Hello I was wandering if someone can give me some advice about a sistem I am trying to make for a custom melee map of mine.It's an affiliation sistem for races,this lets you personalize the race you are playing with some unique faction bonuses.For example if you are playing with the undead,through this sistem you can chose to be afiliated with either the Forsaken,Lich King or Burning Crusade,by doing this you gain unique bonuses for your whole race.The main problem however is that I don't know how to safe guard this sistem from the following abuse:players keep makeing all the afiliation researches and it's driving me nuts.I have jass but I don't know how to use it to make sistems(so as you can guess my sistem is nothing but a primitive gui-research sistem).

Any advice/tips on what I should do are apreciated.

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
create a closed off area with 12 units with no attack, no movement, and the model file should be: _ (this is gotten by shift clicking the field and putting a _ in)
then allow each of these to either be upgraded or provide upgrades for units/bases (ie: upgrade to Forsaken provides a movespeed and attack speed aura for all undead units/structures, done with tornado aura with negative values)

D359

Reaction score
yeah that crossed my mind a few times,I was thinking however of useing the model for the wyvern cage,and place them at the starting zone,in case the map would not be full,we could all gain bonuses by looting the empty players chest.The chest sistem will go like this:

Stage 1:secure box->this transforms the box in an invulnerable version of its self
Stage 2:adjusting the box->this upgrade will grant acces to race specific upgrades
Stage 3:affiliateing
Stage 4:after stage 3,all the other researches disapear and you destroy the box to loot it

However I was hopeing to get a simpler answer by jass....eventhough I am a TOTAL NOOB as both a mapper and programer

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.