Custom Mirror Image don't level up with hero

nEVOVIPER

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new at this Forum, so i like to say Hello.
I have a problem. I have create a custom mirror image ability and put to a hero. But if the hero gain a level, the illusion didnt get the next level.
I have work with copypast and i have create a new skill, but every way bring the same result.

mfg Viper

keychup

Reaction score
a unit gains a level

set "group" = units of unit type "levelling hero"
pick every unit in "group"
-create a special effect on picked unit using "path to level-up special effect"
Custom Script: call DestroyGroup (udg_group)

nEVOVIPER

Reaction score
it don't gain the level of the Illusion

level Image
Events
Unit - A unit Gains a level
Conditions
Actions
Set local_group = (Units owned by (Owner of (Triggering unit)) matching (((Matching unit) is an illusion) Equal to True))
Unit Group - Pick every unit in local_group and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of (Picked unit) using Abilities\Spells\Other\Levelup\LevelupCaster.mdl

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Try it without using the variable.
Trigger:
  • level Image
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Gains a level
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by (Owner of (Triggering unit)) matching (((Matching unit) is an illusion) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of (Picked unit) using Abilities\Spells\Other\Levelup\LevelupCaster.mdl

nEVOVIPER

Reaction score
no, that nothing change. You can see the levelup special effect, but the illusion dont put to next level like hero.

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Oh, wow...
Ya, my bad.

Take out the special effect, and put this in instead:
Code:
Hero - Set (Picked unit) Hero-level to (Hero level of (Triggering unit)), Show level-up graphics
So your code will be:
Trigger:
  • level Image
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by (Owner of (Triggering unit)) matching (((Matching unit) is an illusion) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Hero - Set (Picked unit) Hero-level to (Hero level of (Triggering unit)), Show level-up graphics

Sorry about that!

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
So you have a custom illusion ability, which you've given to a hero.
1). Is it passive or active?
2). If I understand you, the ability is supposed to increase in level when the hero's level increases. To do this, you'll need to trigger the ability's level increase.

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Pretty sure he wants the illusions to level with the hero.
His English isn't great though, so it's hard to decipher, yes :p

nEVOVIPER

Reaction score
i copy the ability "mirror image" of the Blademaster.
When the Baldemaster get a level up, than the Illus level up with him. But if my Hero levelup, the illus, created with custom mirror image, dosnt level up.

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Have you tried my trigger?
Trigger:
  • level Image
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • Loop - Actions
          • Hero - Set (Picked unit) Hero-level to (Hero level of (Triggering unit)), Show level-up graphics

SanKakU

Reaction score
images are not heroes. so they don't have experience. so they don't level up. what you can do i suppose is replace the current images with new ones...but that would reset the duration. a work around for that is to trigger the images and trigger the duration. i actually just created a pretty fun image ability but it's probably quite different from what you're doing.

B0ndo

Reaction score
Have you tried my trigger?
Trigger:
  • level Image
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • Loop - Actions

Eitherway, doesn't this trigger leak?

keychup

Reaction score
Eitherway, doesn't this trigger leak?

Of course it does. But smart people know how to fix that themselves right?

SanKakU said:
images are not heroes. so they don't have experience. so they don't level up. what you can do i suppose is replace the current images with new ones...but that would reset the duration. a work around for that is to trigger the images and trigger the duration. i actually just created a pretty fun image ability but it's probably quite different from what you're doing

I think I saw some of my illusions leveling up a few times.

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
I've seen illusions level up.
The one I can think of right away is in Rabbits vs Sheep.
The Blademaster's illusions level up with him.

@nEVOVIPER: May I ask why the illusions need to level up with the hero?

nEVOVIPER

Reaction score
i can fix leak's.
have other people this problem too?

€: if the illus don't level with the Hero... you now with unit the real hero is. that isn't fair. it is a bug:-(

DioD

Reaction score
what about standart skill with standart params, check it first, may be you changed constants or have some additional scripting that causes this problem.

in native game illusions level up with caster correctly

nEVOVIPER

Reaction score
get the hero standard Mirror Image than all is fin. The illus leveling with him. Than i copy the Ability, added to the hero and play it. Than you have the bug.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.