Custom Texture for Custom Game Interface - Transparent

Ellimistrox

Reaction score
Problem Status: Solved :D

**IF this is in the wrong forum, then Sorry, please move it, I wasn't quite sure where it would go :)**

I'm not entirely sure how you'd go about this :)banghead:), but I'm wondering if anyone has/can make a custom texture which is completely clear (Transparent, See-through) :)thup:)

I intend to use this as a background for tool tips, so that the whole tool tip is transparent, except you can still see the text. :nuts:

I DO know how to change tool tips background, just don't have a texture like the one I need.

+Rep for help :)

Ellimistrox

Reaction score
Urr, I've tried making a blank .tga (In paint), converting to .blp and then importing, but as soon as i set the tool tip backgrounds to the transparent file, world editor crashes.

Ellimistrox

Reaction score
As far as I've seen it does require .blp (I may be wrong, checking it out now), and so far i've used the same programs (Paint -> War3Viewer) to convert to .blp for loading screens, minimaps, etc. I'm pretty sure its a supported compression type.

Converting to .blp also saved something like 40kb's.

**EDIT**
Your method is correct, it Does not have to be .blp(Sorry for doubting :)), but the tooltip isn't transparent, just white.

Ellimistrox

Reaction score
It works :)

It worked perfectly! :D

Thanks heaps! :thup: +Rep :)

PS: Sorry if i was a little stubborn on my use of paint :)banghead:) It's helped me as much as i've ever needed.

PSS: DAMN Your a fast replier :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.