Custom Unit's - Marine with Shield

BcBoy

Reaction score
Hey.

Been a WC3 mapper/moder for several years, but now i follow the tech and advances into Starcraft II editor.
The first thing i noticed is that it is a huge difference in how to create/modify units. Imo it's not that very logic anymore. A unit need so many different files/data instead of gather everything in one. Well, i'm not gonna ang about that now.

I've been looking and searching for good tutorials but most of them only shows very basic things like copying a unit or similiar. So here i have some questions.
(And yes, i've been searching the forum but didn't find any similiar topics.)

1: I wanna put Marines with shields on my map. For some reason it seems that it is an upgrade that modyfies the unit, so there isn't any complete model for them. How the h**l i'm gonna make a marine with a equiped shield?

2: I can't find the "special" units from the campaign. As Raynor, the Mercs etc. Are those hidden somewhere or do i have to import them?

StoDaBest

Reaction score
For your 1st question, I don't really know, maybe put the upgrade cost to 0 with a training time of 0.1sec and during Map initialization automatically research the upgrade with triggers. View attachment Marines With Shields.SC2Map Here is my test map with the things I mentioned. Make sure you read the comment.

For your 2nd question:

Go to File > Dependencies...

Then a window will appear named "Document Dependencies"

Hit "Add Standard...", check all of them, hit OK and OK again on the other window.

Then you should have access to special units, such as Jim Raynor, Nova, Diablo, Kerrigan etc.

eXirrah

Reaction score
For a begginer it is hard to understand this stuff, but you should check the upgrade combat shields.
There is an Upgrade+ fields... or tab, depends on your editor's look. Check out upgrade - effects.
In there are dispalyed the changes to the unit this upgrade does.

The upgrade changes the icon of the unit, it's wireframe and it's life.
The actor of the unit changes it's model and adds the shield.

It is very hard to start playing with actor not knowing the editor. There is a field events +.
In there you will find some events that has validators named No Marine Shield. If you change
the validators of the conditions so this validator is always true, then you have your marine with shield.

That's it.

Your second question is answered in the tips of the editor should check them out.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.