World Czech Republic: This man built himself a plane so he could save 7 minutes off his office commute

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
You know the days you get so sick of traffic and you think to yourself that I wish I could just fly to work everyday and not waste so much time of my day just sitting in the car stuck on the road? Well, this man probably thought the same, but unlike us he actually acted upon his thought. Czech Republic’s Frantisek Hadrava was tired of wasting the precious few minutes of his life driving to and back from work. And so, he decided to build himself an airplane. You read that right! He built himself an actual airplane that flies him from home to work and back every day!

Hadrava, who works in a local factory in a small town at Czech Republic, says in a video shared by Quartz, that earlier when he was commuting by car, it took him about 12 to 14 minutes to reach his factory from home, but he realized that he could save a lot of time if he just flew to work. Although, if he flew directly to work it would have taken him just four to five minutes, however since he works in an early morning shift, Hadrava detours a little so he does not disturb people early in the morning, which now takes him about seven minutes. The man is still saving 5-7 minutes a day! He now lands his airplane on a field across his factory, and then drags it to the parking lot of his factory.

It took Frantisek Hadrava two years to build the airplane, and some $4,000 was spent on building it. His airplane is a cute little single seater, with an open cockpit, which only reminds me of Chicken Little. Hadrava’s aircraft is a single propeller aircraft, which is modeled after a series of American planes called Mini-MAX. Frantisek Hadrava has plans to build another plane, which would be a replica of the 100-year-old Deperdussin Monocoque.

Read more here. (BGR)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.