US News D.C. to begin using more-expensive Trojan condoms in HIV prevention program

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
High school students and college-age adults have been complaining to District officials that the free condoms the city has been offering are not of good enough quality and are too small and that getting them from school nurses is "just like asking grandma or auntie."

So D.C. officials have decided to stock up on Trojan condoms, including the company's super-size Magnum variety, and they have begun to authorize teachers or counselors, preferably male, to distribute condoms to students if the teachers complete a 30-minute online training course called "WrapMC" -- for Master of Condoms.

"If people get what they don't want, they are just going to trash them," said T. Squalls, 30, who attends the University of the District of Columbia. "So why not spend a few extra dollars and get what people want?"

Health officials and consumer advocates say that in terms of preventing pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases, there's no difference between Trojans and the less-expensive Durex condoms that the city is offering.

Last edited:

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Amen.

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
and they have begun to authorize teachers or counselors, preferably male, to distribute condoms to students if the teachers complete a 30-minute online training course called "WrapMC" -- for Master of Condoms.

Dude, I wanna have a Master of Condoms title! That'd be such a random title to add to your list of titles. Imagine throwing that on your resume:

"So what are diplomas do you have?"

"Oh I have my highschool diploma, a masters degree in math and english education, and I'm a master of condoms."

"...What was that last one?"

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Dude, I wanna have a Master of Condoms title! That'd be such a random title to add to your list of titles.

"I am Richard! Chief Warlock of the Brothers of Darkness, Lord of the Thirteen Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead, and Master of Condoms!"

Bronxernijn

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
What bullshit, free condoms... Like having safe sex is a right.

But I guess it's the only thing that actually works at the moment.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
That's good. They have to do that here too, the NYC Condoms are so bad. I think they were made for 12 year old and I think you have more chances of getting a girl pregnant by using one than having nothing at all.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
What bullshit, free condoms... Like having safe sex is a right.

But I guess it's the only thing that actually works at the moment.

...Kids will have sex whether its safe or not, so therefore we might as well make it safe so they don't end up with babies and all the other potential problems...

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
...Kids will have sex whether its safe or not, so therefore we might as well make it safe so they don't end up with babies and all the other potential problems...

isnt that a great indication of how GREAT our nation is :D

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
Maybe it's just me, but I think asking a teacher or nurse for condoms would be more awkward for a high school student than just buying them, the clerk in all likeliness a stranger. Unfortunately I never had the experience when I was still in high school.

doesn't mean I don't think this is a good idea. I am Master of Condoms, bringer of Pleasure.

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
I don't know about the Durex you have in the states, but here those are pretty good. Safest ones around and also come in sizes that could fit almost everyone.

However, we're not having the Trojan line here so I can't really compare. I just find it weird that those guys are getting it for free and still complain, I'm paying around 4 dollars for 3 pieces (which is pretty expensive here) just to make sure I won't have a baby to take care of when I'm going to college :nuts:. Oh, and btw, our government are not giving any free condoms :p.

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.