D&D - Online Campaign: Recruitment

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
It seems we have at least some interest in starting up a Dungeons and Dragons online campaign. So far, we have Pineapple and Kc102 at least willing to play, and we need at least one more person, preferably 2, to join to play. If you haven't played DnD before, don't worry, as we can teach you how the game works as we go along. Some of the more advanced combat techniques can be a little hard to grasp at first, but the underlying system is quite simple. All you really need to be willing to do is get in the role of whatever character you make.

For those who have no idea what I'm talking about, Dungeons and Dragons is a pen and paper role playing game, which is usually played on a grid-table. The players all form a team of adventurers, who generally go around trying to save the innocent, kill the wicked, or anything else they could possibly want to do. On the other side, the Dungeon Master, or DM, controls the monsters, the non-player characters (NPCs) and the world and even the entire existence of everything in the little universe the player characters (PCs) are roaming around in.

Now while doing this on the tabletop is the normal way to go, it is entirely possible to do it online, as well, or at least we will be giving it a shot. It should be lots of fun at any rate, so if this sounds like something you would be willing to dedicate a bit of time to (I know I have to) then go ahead and volunteer to be a player. I'll most likely be the DM, unless we have someone who is more experienced and is willing to spend the time.

Players:
Pineapple
Kc102
<Empty> Need one more at least!

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So how will that work? You might want to use such marvelous thing as is Ventrilo or Teamspeak. :D

Gets some action going!

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well for now we've got the RP forum. Don't know if it will suffice.

Though, I would like to actually see an online D&D game through ventrilo or teamspeak. :p

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Well for now we've got the RP forum. Don't know if it will suffice.

Though, I would like to actually see an online D&D game through ventrilo or teamspeak. :p

That... makes sence. Be much easier to communicate, thats for sure.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
So...just noticed this thread.....
When this goin down? :D

Battlemapsta

I am the Conduit of Change
Reaction score
Is there maybe a demonstration/tutorial cause if I were to play, I'd terribly slow down the game.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
I'll PM him.
Its quite easy, if you've RPed you should be able to do it.

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
Geh, thought this was dead after a few days and no posts here. If people are still up for this, I'm still willing to DM. The game itself would just be by a thread, which works fine, people do it all the time. Another way that might work better, especially for combat, would be a chat box type thing. I don't know what we would use, but I'm open to suggestions.

Now, do we want to do 3.5, or 4.0? I'm more familiar with 3.5, but 4.0 is also new and interesting, so I'm up for either. Either way, I would recommend everyone starts thinking about what type of character they want to make. Backstory, and class, and such. I'm going to be using a certain campaign setting I've been thinking up, which would unfortunately only allow players to start as humans, though they can be Moonborn, Sunborn, or Starborn. More on that once I actually explain the setting a bit, but basically they are normal humans, born with an affinity for the sun, moon, or stars, which are also the 3 main religions (for clerics and paladins), along with Nature worship (druids and rangers) and ancestor worship. (bards)

Battlemapsta

I am the Conduit of Change
Reaction score
I think a good method of communication is skype. If a lot of people join though... we might have to transfer to maybe ventrilo or something. Those ideas are only if we suggest verbal communication.

I still am having some trouble understand the basic function of a D&D game. Hopefully I'll understand soon but as for this moment, I'm still quite clueless.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
I think a good method of communication is skype. If a lot of people join though... we might have to transfer to maybe ventrilo or something. Those ideas are only if we suggest verbal communication.

I still am having some trouble understand the basic function of a D&D game. Hopefully I'll understand soon but as for this moment, I'm still quite clueless.

it is easy once it starts.

Who here has a Microphone? If we all do then it mightbe worth using Skype or Ventrilo or something.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.