D2 Ladder reset

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
Not sure how many people here care or whatnot, but Blizzard is doing a D2 Ladder reset on March 28th. If you ever care to get into D2 again, even if only for old times sake, now is a good time to do it. :)

Blizzard quote:

While our original poll for reset length showed a little less than 150 people wanted a reset every year, our most recent follow up poll had over 1,000 votes for 6 months:
We’ve heard you, so this is a one week warning that the Diablo II ladder will reset next Monday, March 28. We generally prefer to provide a two week warning for the case of resets, but to hit the exact 6 month mark we feel one week is sufficient this time.

We anticipate all Diablo II realms to be down for approximately six hours during the reset. More specific information on realm availability on the day of the reset will be posted in the Battle.net Status forum. When the ladder is reset all existing ladder characters will be converted to non-ladder. All characters and items being converted to non-ladder will remain intact, but once converted these characters will no longer have access to ladder content such as creating ladder-only rune words. For more information on ladder characters please visit the Arreat Summit Realm Character Types page

Source: www.diii.net

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
Damn, now I'm going to have to start over again. D:

Lyerae

Reaction score
Not many people are playing Diablo 2 anymore. Seriously, log on and join a game. Most of the users are spam bots (which gets really annoying when your trying to kill something, and a wall of spam comes up on the screen).

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
Not many people are playing Diablo 2 anymore. Seriously, log on and join a game. Most of the users are spam bots (which gets really annoying when your trying to kill something, and a wall of spam comes up on the screen).

'N' ftw.

Lyerae

Reaction score
Ladder reset an hour or two ago. You can find me on USEast as Lyerae (I'm a Paladin).

Ioannes

Oh man, I shot Marvin in the face.
Reaction score
Can someone tell me what the ladder is based on ?
pvp or pve ?

What do you mean based on pvp or pve?

Oh, the scoring. No, it's based on levels, really. I mean, it's not even really a ladder. It's just a new feature of Bnet to make you create new chars more often.

HOW LADDER WORKS
When 1.10 came out, there were lots of new items. A large portion of these new items, however, were not available to your old characters. To access them, you needed to have a "ladder" character. A ladder char is the same thing as a normal char, except that it cannot join games with non-ladder chars. Ladder chars only play in ladder games with other ladder chars. Functionally speaking, these games were identical to non-ladder games EXCEPT that the Ladder-only items only dropped in ladder games and Ladder-only runewords only worked in ladder games.

What this meant was that your old D2 chars could not access the shiny new items. You had to make new chars and lvl them and equip them from scratch (because it is impossible to receive anything from your strong, non-ladder chars). If you wanted to play with the fancy, powerful Ladder-only items you had to start the game all over again. Then, you would find things like Griffin's Eye and would be able to make powerful rune words.

Periodically, the ladder was reset. What this meant is that the Ladder chars now became non-ladder and could join normal games. They even kept their ladder-only items, runewords, etc., but the ex-ladder char could no longer find any of them because he was no longer able to join ladder games. If you wanted more Ladder-only things you had to start all over again.

But screw Ladder - I played Single Player - in sp you didn't have the Ladder-only runewords, but the Ladder-only items were still available :)

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
THis is another way to force people to play the game from the start again ^_^

The system is well thought but.. pff it screws you up badly... still, you have a time to start a new character from nothing :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.