d2char.mpq data error

U

Unregistered

Trying to install Diablo II on my computer and while installing the d2char.mpq file the install quits it give a data error (cyclic redundancy check) How do I fix this?

Thanks,

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Try copying that .mpq file to your Diablo II folder on your hard drive manually from the Diablo II CD.

R

Rockstar

Same problem, solution failed

I've tried doing that after it gives the error mess. but it just gives another not long after starting?

0bliter8or

I'v hade the same problem but I think its because the disk is scrached

is there any where you can download a new copy?

Z

Zin

I am having the same problem. When I try to install it, it says that there is something wrong with my d2char.mpq file. If I try to copy it from the cd to the hard drive, it wont becuase some error will happen. Cannot read or something. Can I download a new d2char.mpq file and put it in the d2 dir. before installing? Will it work?

N

niutant

we is a newbie ;P

blabla we is newbie noob's iforgeten i have the d2.char.mpq in my computer we very need?

R

Ragston

Really, where is a site that I can download this, the game is barley 4th the fun playing alone.

U

Unregistere1

I too also am in search of the d2char.mpq Its not like I dont have the cds or anything, its just that I get the same error as stated above. Perhaps someone could upload this to a site of some kind for more people to have access to?

R

red365346

Same problem!!!

Yeah same here, this is my second day trying to install diablo 2... right now im downloading an iso file of the play disk from Lime Wire... this should contain the file (as my play disk isn't leting me use its file)... if anyone gets the file before me ... post on this thread!

U

UBLY

No Router But Say I Have One? Warcraft 3 Frozen throne

Ok i have no router yet when i try and "at" or host it says i do . I'v opened 6112 tcp udc all that crap and it still dont work ? can you plzz help me .

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
If you have any problems with the installation program not copying any MPQ files from the disc you should manually copy all the MPQ files from the CD into your Diablo 2 folder.

L

Leo M

yeah but what happens if it gives the "cyclic redundancy" error when u try copying d2char.mpq from the CD to your harddrive?

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Try getting another copy of the game and install from it but use your original CD Key. See if you can install your disc on another computer - if you can determine whether it is the disc or cd rom you might could make a better decision.

L

Leo m

thanks, but yeah. limewire owns for this kind of problem. im dling d2char.mpq at the moment. if need be, i will dl the other mpq files. :) ^_^

if anyone has this kind of problem lime wire is the way to go!

-Leo

L

Leo M

bah! i dled d2char.mpq but when it tried to continue the installation of D2 from the CD, it gave the error again. then the whole folder was deleted. along with the dl'ed d2char.mpq

J

JUL3q

Can't you just give a link to rapidshare? please, I don't have any friend with diablo 2 and i can't get this file. So please give me a link to rapidshare with d2char.mpq

Miss36

Reaction score
I had the same problem and have solved it! Well I got help from Blizzard, but it worked! I knew it had a link with windows. I have CD games in good working order and that I have had since diablo II came out. What the issue is that something on your computer is blocking the d2char.mpq to be downloaded. You need to find that "thing." Now, I downloaded both games and installed them from the digital downloads. I have not tried the CDs. I did have the same problem occurring prior to the changes that I made to fix the problem with the digital downloads.

1.) Turn off windows firewall. (you can find out later how to make diablo II and LOD an exception for blocking)
2.) Make sure to have up to date versions of any other virus checkers you may have
3.) Find a norton virus tool remover. Any of those virus checkers like that see if there is an official remover for it. I have not had norton on my computer in a long time, but after I did that I saw an immediate difference.
4.) Make sure your account is administrator. If not, create another login and make that an administrator.
5.) Try downloading it from the battle. net site with a digital download to make sure that there is nothing wrong with your CDs

Overall: Need to find out what is blocking the installation. Hope this helps!

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I h
I had the same problem and have solved it! Well I got help from Blizzard, but it worked! I knew it had a link with windows. I have CD games in good working order and that I have had since diablo II came out. What the issue is that something on your computer is blocking the d2char.mpq to be downloaded. You need to find that "thing." Now, I downloaded both games and installed them from the digital downloads. I have not tried the CDs. I did have the same problem occurring prior to the changes that I made to fix the problem with the digital downloads.

1.) Turn off windows firewall. (you can find out later how to make diablo II and LOD an exception for blocking)
2.) Make sure to have up to date versions of any other virus checkers you may have
3.) Find a norton virus tool remover. Any of those virus checkers like that see if there is an official remover for it. I have not had norton on my computer in a long time, but after I did that I saw an immediate difference.
4.) Make sure your account is administrator. If not, create another login and make that an administrator.
5.) Try downloading it from the battle. net site with a digital download to make sure that there is nothing wrong with your CDs

Overall: Need to find out what is blocking the installation. Hope this helps!
I hope you realize this thread is almost 10 years old.
This is pretty much the worst necro i have ever witnessed on this forum.
But as this was your first post in the forums, welcome aboard.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.