Crime Dad’s Attempt to Teach Son a Lesson Ends in the Most Tragic Way

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Somewhat old news, but such a tragic story!

When James Comstock refused to buy his 19-year-old son a pack of cigarettes, the teenager took off with his dad’s truck. In an attempt to teach his son a lesson, Comstock called the police and reported his vehicle stolen.

The attempted lesson ended with police fatally shooting the man’s son, Tyler, on the Iowa State University campus. The father is now outraged and confused as to why police were so quick to use deadly force.

“He took off with my truck. I call the police, and they kill him. It was over a damn pack of cigarettes. I wouldn’t buy him none,” Comstock told The Des Moines Register on Tuesday. “And I lose my son for that.” Police reportedly began pursuing Tyler shortly after Comstock reported the vehicle stolen. The truck belongs to a lawn care company.

As Ames Police Officer Adam McPherson followed Tyler onto the ISU campus, the 19-year-old allegedly rammed McPherson’s car. The truck was eventually stopped, though police say Tyler revved the engine and refused orders to turn off the car. McPherson then fired six shots into the truck, hitting the teen twice and killing him, according to the Iowa state medical examiner’s office.

Read Moar Here.
Trigger happy cops strike Again!? Seriously, his dad should have explained "It was a lesson" Before leading police on the chase.

Zakyath

Reaction score
in UK the police haven't been using firearms for almost ten years. I guess the rest of the world will follow their example soon, although I'm sure the US has a few hundred years left to get out of the dark ages

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
I agree with Zakyath. He didn't even ram the car seriously. And the cop shot 8 times, what the hell is that? They were 2, the could have immobilized the kid's car with their cars and get him peacefully. Or else, couldn't he shoot the tires instead?

Zakyath

Reaction score
he absolutely could. this is murder, nothing else.
I don't condone the teenagers behaviour, he should have had to face consequences, but he didn't deserve to die.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.