Crime Dallas police ticketed 39 drivers in 3 years for not speaking English

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Dallas police wrongly ticketed at least 39 drivers for not speaking English over the last three years, Police Chief David Kunkle announced Friday while promising to investigate all officers involved in the cases for dereliction of duty.

Pending cases will be dismissed, and those who paid the $204 fine for the charge, which does not exist in the city, will be reimbursed, Kunkle said.

"I was surprised and stunned that that would happen, particularly in the city of Dallas," Kunkle said. "In my world, you would never tell someone not to speak Spanish."

The citations were issued in several different patrol divisions by at least six different officers. One of those officers was responsible for five of the citations, Kunkle said.

More here.

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score

Its not -.-

"I was surprised and stunned that that would happen, particularly in the city of Dallas," Kunkle said. "In my world, you would never tell someone not to speak Spanish."

He was stunned that something like that would happen. For example

He wanted to teach his students that that they could become better people.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
>>He wanted to teach his students that that they could become better people.

Your example is incorrect, but the article isn't a mistake.

Anyway, back to the article now...

I personally agree with giving tickets like that. If you're in America then learn to speak the language. If you don't know the language then start learning it, don't drive to you understand it. How could you read traffic signs?

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
The U.S.A. doesn't have a national language.

You really think that? Just because California's don't speak English doesn't mean it's not pretty obvious what the national language is; even if it isn't officially declared.

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
You really think that? Just because California's don't speak English doesn't mean it's not pretty obvious what the national language is; even if it isn't officially declared.

Obviously English is a nationally spoken language. I was only stating that because it was never officially declared, so there's no way to be fined for driving and not speaking English.

Aqua Dragon

I'm made of water. Remember that now.
Reaction score
Nice job on the department's part for at least rectifying the mistake :thup:

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Those cops are dicks, but at least they didn't tase the people :p

You should see some of the stuff I've been pulled over for on my bikes... :nuts:

But yes, I agree with making the national language English...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.