Damage Count

Cres

Reaction score
How do you make the number come up that says how much damage you did? i know its a floating text trigger, but i dont know how to get the number of damage dealt to be texted.

zylack

Reaction score
it dont need to be triggered, just moddify critical strike so its a crittical strike everytime and modify damage dealt to 1x or something like that (sorry i dont have we open)

zylack

Reaction score
I dont know how to do it myself but there is a way...something to do with putting it in a spell book. any1 know what im talkin about?

Reaction score
the way with spell books is to put the dummy crit in a spell book, then give it to your unit.

then at map intialisation use "player - disable ability" and disable the spell book with the dummy crit strike and your done!

there is another way, but im not sure if it works. try making the crit strike an item ability and add it to the units normal abilities. its untested, but ive read around that it works. so try it out for yourself :)

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
indeed about 90% of the item abilities are invisible by themselves.

and spellbook is just an ability, search for it in the object editor.

Cres

Reaction score
you guys misunderstood the question, ofc i looked at the previous thread, but the posts did not answer my question thats y i made a new thread... i want it to work without using critical strike because
1. I want the damage on top of the enemy
2. My hero might have critical strike
3. I want it to work for spells

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
Code:
Register Units
Events
Unit - A unit enters (Playable map area)

Conditions
None

Actions
Trigger - Add to Show Damage <gen> the event (Unit - (Triggering unit) Takes damage)

Code:
Dmg Trigger
Events
None

Conditions
(Damage taken) Not Equal to 0.00
//And yes, damage taken can be equal to 0.00, like Hardened Skin with 0 min dmg

Actions
Set loc = (Position of (Triggering unit)) //loc is a Location/Point variable, it is against leaks ^^
Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (String((Integer((Damage taken))))) at loc with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 40.00 towards 90.00 degrees
Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 3.00 seconds
Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 1.00 seconds

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.