Damage Integer view in Object Editor?

HellfireJin

Reaction score
I have a question for anyone who can answer (hopefully we come to a solution!). I'm currently creating a League of Legends Summoners Rift map on the Warcraft World Editor. The Heroes and Abilities are COMPLETELY different however. I was creating a few abilities and I am using triggers to deal the damage. In the Object Editor under the Abilities Tab (at the very bottom of the Ability selected) there is a "Text: Tooltip extended" where it gives the description of the ability and the damage done. My question is this: Is there ANY WAY possible to put into the description the exact values that are in the triggers used to deal the damage? (For example: The ability Parasite would deal a base amount (250) plus 3% - 5% (+120% INT (Including bonuses)) of the targets max health (depending on rank of Parasite) every second for 5 seconds). I want the actual integer values able to be viewed when you hover your mouse over the ability (like it would if you used the data given in the ability). I can attach screenshots if needed. Thank you all in advance and hopefully We can resolve this!

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
This is not possible.
To the best of my knowledge these tooltips are immutable during the game. Furthermore there is no build-in functionality of referencing trigger variables. Of course you could use some kind of external tool to generate the tooltips and the triggers but it would seem like more trouble than its worth.

HellfireJin

Reaction score
This is not possible.
To the best of my knowledge these tooltips are immutable during the game. Furthermore there is no build-in functionality of referencing trigger variables. Of course you could use some kind of external tool to generate the tooltips and the triggers but it would seem like more trouble than its worth.
Thank you so much, I honestly didn't think it was possible, but I wanted another opinion.

Devalut

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Since the producer update there is a way to change Ability tooltips with variables, however this affects any unit using the ability.

It's under UNIT - change tooltip extended to <entered string>

HellfireJin

Reaction score
Since the producer update there is a way to change Ability tooltips with variables, however this affects any unit using the ability.

It's under UNIT - change tooltip extended to <entered string>

I will Try this out later this evening! Thank you! I've been looking for a way to do this for a while now. I have 30 "Champions" in the selection so far using models from Warcraft III, their own special effects, voice-overs, particle effects, abilities with their own unique damage intervals using trigger functions. the only thing left to do is try this out to make the hud a little more user friendly so the player can view the correct damage output of their ability.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.