Damage Types: Info needed.

Pharaoh_

The epic journey will soon begin... Prepare!
Reaction score
I have never understood what's the difference between the damage types in Triggers. I need an expert to specify what's the difference.
Damage types in Triggers: Enhanced/ Fire/ Cold/ Lightning/ Poison/ Disease/ Divine/ Sonic/ Acid/ Force/ Death/ Mind/ Plant/ Defensive/ Demolition/ Spirit Link.

1) The "Poison": If i say "..., dealing 300 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Poison", it will make the 300 damage being dealt as damage over time? Or the unit can dispell that damage with Purge let's say?
2) What's their association with Armor and Magic Resistance?
3) I can understand that there is a difference between Fire/ Cold/ Lightning, but what is their difference? I guess a maths formula on damage result?
4) I know that "Mind" damage is used by Atropos in DotA for his ultimate, "Fire" for the Starfall of Mirana.
5) I want to know especially for Death/ Sonic/ Enhanced/ Force. Sonic let's say is really unknown to me.
6) If you are unsure of what's the answer, please, do not post. I need some serious knowledge here, not guessing around.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
1) no.

Damage Type tells if it is magical, universal (ultimate) or
physical. Attacktype determines armor stuff, and weapon type determines sound.

_UNIVERSAL makes the damage behave as a ultimate, there
is also _UNKNOWN which seems to ignore a lot of things, _FIRE, _LIGHTNING and
similar damagetypes are all magical, while DAMAGE_TYPE_NORMAL is physical.
Ultimate damage can harm both ethereal and spell immune units, magical damage
harms ethereal (with bonus) but cannot harm spell immune, physical damage can't
hurt ethereal units.

I took that from xedamage documentation.

EDIT. As far as I know most of them work exactly same way. so there isnt propably any difference between Death/ Sonic/ Enhanced/ Force, if you want to know for sure, you need to test it by yourself.

Pharaoh_

The epic journey will soon begin... Prepare!
Reaction score
Well, thank you, but even Battle.net says all that :) I wanted especially the sonic/death/mind/force and those unknown terms for damage.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Then you just have to make damage detection trigger, damage different armored units with different damage types and display damage and try to find differences.

Unless you find someone who has already done that.

EDIT. My guess would be that they are all just magical and work exaclty same way, but I might be wrong, tought.

EDIT2. Found this from wc3campaigns:link

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.