Arkan

Nobody rides for free
Reaction score
Arkan & Pidda Presents
DI2logo.png

Latest version: 2.13
Download: Here
Forums: http://z7.invisionfree.com/DarkInvasion
Promo Video: (use http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebRmphiieG4 for better quality)
[YOUTUBE]ebRmphiieG4&feature=user[/YOUTUBE]

Short introduction
Dark Invasion II is an ORPG that is heavily customized, deviating from other ORPGS.
DI2 features custom combat systems, loads of multiboards for equipment-, inventory-
, game settings-management multiboards among other things. An interactive quest system
is present, allowing you to interact and change the story as you progress.
There are just so many features to list, I think you're better of exploring the
game for yourself!​

Players: 1-10
Fully B.Net compatible with Save/Load Code

Dark Invasion II has been in development since late 2007, this is not a newly started
project that will die in one week. Screenshots at the bottom!

Note: This is the sequel to my previous ORPG Dark Invasion.

Story:
Yet to be revealed.

These are some key features of Dark Invasion II, there are many many more!

Custom Attack System
A brand new combat system is introduced in DI2. This combat system is inspired
by games such as Secret of Mana and FFXII. You have to manually attack enemies by
pressing a button. So it's button mashing? No! Every time you attack your stamina
bar is reset, the stamina in turn (among other things) determine the damage output
you deliver. So rapidly pressing attack would result in 0 or very little damage.
A white bar will indicate your stamina recovery after you attack.

Damage calculation is different for every weapon type (there are 7 types).
Also weapon types affect your stamina recovery rate; daggers and swords allow for
quick attacks while 2-handed swords and bows are slower. Weapon types also has
different attack ranges.

When you attack there is a chance to deal critical damage (2x) but also a chance
to initiate a chain-attack that doesn't deplete stamina (think FFXII).

Custom Stat System
In DI2, the following attributes are used:
HP - self explanatory
MP - self explanatory
strength - used to calculate attack damage
vitality - used to calculate defense and buff/ailment durations
dexterity - used to calculate stamina recovery rate
magick - used to calculate spell damage
evasion - self explanatory
luck - used to calculate critical % and various non-combat things

Custom Channeling System
Every spell has a unique casting time that can be aborted if desired. Channeling time
is affected by Haste/Slow buffs etc. When you channel a magick, a blue bar will be
indicate the progression.

Custom Spell Learning System
Much like in DI1, magicks are purchased. Every x level, you are offered to increase
your level in White-, Black-, Green- or Red Sorcery. You can also progress in
a certain Sorcery known as Techniques (abilities that are suited for fighters and
have no mana cost). You cannot purchase abilities if your sorcery for that particular
ability is too low.

Custom Inventory and Equipment System
In DI2, you may carry up to 16 items and equip 1 weapon, 1 shield, 1 armor and
2 accesories. Inventory management is maintained in a multiboard. By using
the arrow keys, you navigate a cursor in the multiboard.

Custom Quest System
In DI2, you can accept 5 quests at a time, these can be reviewed in the Quest Manager
multiboard. When you finish a quest, you'll be presented with options that will
determine your alignment and rewards. If you're good hearted you will gain access to
the holiest magicks and treasures, though being evil will of course have its award,
the choice is yours.

Quests include both traditional monster slaying tasks and more sophisticated
missions.

Professions
Apart from fishing and mining that was available in DI1, you may now also attempt
cooking, crafting and thievery (almost every creep/enemy carries stealable items).

What I'm looking for
I am currently looking for a talented skinner to make custom skins for the 10 heroes,
visit this link if you want to know more.
if you want to be a part of Dark Invasion II and have this talent, feel free to contact
me and we'll talk. :thup:

Attachments

• 0511pic01.jpg
    0511pic01.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 1,480
  • 0511pic02.jpg
    0511pic02.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 1,293
  • 0511pic03.jpg
    0511pic03.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 1,131
  • 0511pic04.jpg
    0511pic04.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 1,529
  • 0511pic05.jpg
    0511pic05.jpg
    301.3 KB · Views: 1,089
  • 0511pic06.jpg
    0511pic06.jpg
    294.2 KB · Views: 1,225
  • 0511pic07.jpg
    0511pic07.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 1,108
  • 0511pic08.jpg
    0511pic08.jpg
    269.2 KB · Views: 1,355

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Well, acn you keep it like the old one, the camera and all I really liked the first one but if it turns into a complicated game with alot of systems and things to learn.. I dunno...

Arcane

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Yes! I loved the first version! : D
I'm particularly attracted by:

An interactive quest system is present, allowing you to interact and change the story as you progress.

I've always wanted to do that. :p

Arkan

Nobody rides for free
Reaction score
Well, acn you keep it like the old one, the camera and all I really liked the first one but if it turns into a complicated game with alot of systems and things to learn.. I dunno...
You can chose from several camera setups, I think everyone will find something they can live with :)
I don't think it will take many minutes to figure out the systems, trying to make it as user-friendly as possible.

Yes! I loved the first version! : D
An old fan eh :thup:

I wish I could find a decent skinner though, the current skins are... well let's just say the wizard looks like Sean Connery as someone pointed out.

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
hmmm as much as i like the new multiboard setup for your character <displays to stats and such> i agree with oni with the camera

also.... haveing a minimap would be nice, so a player wont be utterly lost when someone either pings or to find where they are...

also.... another thing that would be nice is that on the heros themselvs, they could have a feed instead of just level display, most players wont have the multiboard open 24/7 because it gives you less room to click... itd be nice if the player where to get a stat feed of the 3 main ones <like str, dex and magic> on a hero card that the player can look at as a normal game would display it <not that im bashing on your multiboard system or anything, but ive seen a map with a system like yours under the name of havoc, and because of the lack of quick feedback to the players, most players left because it was too confuseing>

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
WOO! I love Dark Invasion! My bro and I played it like hours every day! (I was teh 1337 pwnage. :p)
I also like the old style but new things are cool, too. :)

I can't wait for this. Good luck! :thup:

Arkan

Nobody rides for free
Reaction score
I have released a promo video containing exclusive footage from the game! Check first post!

Development is going well :thup:

hmmm as much as i like the new multiboard setup for your character <displays to stats and such> i agree with oni with the camera

also.... haveing a minimap would be nice, so a player wont be utterly lost when someone either pings or to find where they are...

also.... another thing that would be nice is that on the heros themselvs, they could have a feed instead of just level display, most players wont have the multiboard open 24/7 because it gives you less room to click... itd be nice if the player where to get a stat feed of the 3 main ones <like str, dex and magic> on a hero card that the player can look at as a normal game would display it <not that im bashing on your multiboard system or anything, but ive seen a map with a system like yours under the name of havoc, and because of the lack of quick feedback to the players, most players left because it was too confuseing>

You can chose from several cameras, I think everyone will find one that suits them, at least I hope so!
I'm not sure whether to show the minimap or not, I'll think about it.
When you click an allied hero you will see his level and his buffs/ailments as floating text on him, to see his stats you need to use the status screen.

Parsimony

Reaction score
This rocks. The first one was great, but this one doesn't even look like it's made with World Editor... plus, from what I've seen in your vid, the multiboard's layout looks very clean. And you can keep track of your quests now! Yey!

Pidda

Cool Member
Reaction score
Progress on DI2

Here's some fresh screens of what has happened so far on the terrain.

The mighty forest :)
(in game screenshot)
66843351ut4.jpg

And the tropical islands.
(editor screenshot)
piddasislandeb0.jpg

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
as much as i love the terrain and the new systems, haveing a blank hero card always leave me with the feeling that the game is incompeate or something, i dunno it just feels like a void, a waste of good area

Arkan

Nobody rides for free
Reaction score
>Psiblade94122
I hope people will get used to it, I use that space for other stuff

Now to the news, you may download it and play it now! Updated first post.

Epicgamers

Reaction score
Great ORPG, I didn't played it yet, caus i like i don't wanna solo it, and im bored to make myself portforward to host, and no-one hosts in europe.
But on Video ITS CRAZY MAN!
THOSE SYSTEMS! So great!
I want a attribute system like that ;d

I give ya a 5/5, 10/10, 49/50, 97/100 :D

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
The map is cool, but the saving/loading system bugs for me. o_O

I had put spaces between it one time and guess what happened?

Lvl 93, Witch, Godly Gear, and 1 Strength...

When I was a lvl 5 Cleric with really bad gear.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
You played all the way to level 93!?!

OK, I just quickly played this before I had to go somewhere.

First of all, to be honest, I'm a teensy bit dissapointed at this compared to the first Dark Invasion. Yes, there are a lot of improvements in systems, terrain, abilities, features, etc., but it didn't exactly feel right. I think it's mostly because of the camera view. It was just... bad. For some maps, that type of view is OK, but it was too slow I think.

You can't change the camera view by yourself, and it follows your unit, so it always goes all haywire and everything is just turning around and stuff. If there is like a cliff or tall thing behind you, it blocks your view and you just see white or black. The normal WC3 view from Dark Invasion 1 was fine. If you want to keep it like this, perhaps you could make it work more. Make it a little faster, and higher up. Right now, it's so low, you can barely see anything.

I didn't really get attacking... I pressed "C" on a target, and it attacked the opposite way at another unit.

But either way, this game is amazing. :D Good luck! :thup:

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
you can change the camera view back to the normal standart warcraft view in one of the multiboards. theres an option for it.

and the shortkey for attack didnt work for me. dunno why but my guy was just doing nothing.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Here is another comfort food favorite - Million Dollar Casserole - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-million-dollar-casserole.193614/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.