RPG Dark Invasion II - [ORPG] - |Mod's Pick|

I

InSonar

nice rpg.....
this is a very unique rpg compared to others ....
"uberplayer asked : how to use the bait" recalled me of bait is unnecessary to buy when fishing, i still can have 95% chance of obtaining a fish at rank 5 (max)
maybe u need to change something..?

My minor suggestions :
You can also move the character by pressing arrow key (Nickba rpg gt the thing i mentioning)

BUT
Sometime when i host this game(2.05) , quite a lot of newbie or noobs join my game (they have the map) and complain these :
1) "dun play this game, the camera sux"
2) "noob game la, i press C (spamming) also no dmg"
3) "no monster at start, noob game"
4) "this rpg no skill, noob rpg"
5) "why i cant save after i type -save another time"
6) "cant buy item? noob game"
7) "why there are no repick?"
8) "HOW TO CHOOSE HERO!?!?!?!? SHIT GAME, I LEAVE NOW" (at the beginning of the game [hero selection]
9) "I CANT MOVE!! HOST HOW TO MOVE?" ( i think he using arrow key )

maybe you should specify more clearly as these people are impatient and most of them DON'T CHECK F9....

hope i help

Pettunia

Reaction score
maybe you should specify more clearly as these people are impatient and most of them DON'T CHECK F9....

yeah, player is always right... don't ignore the feedback.

NightShade

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I really like this game.:D
I like the "find the murderer" quest because there's no fighting in it and you just have to use your eyes, though I don't see how you can do that one without being in the 5th camera view.
I wonder where the alchemist went cause I did his quest and couldn't find him(searched for around 30 min).:confused:
also the stamina bar starts disappearing after one saves and loads a game(it's annoying having to guess when your ready to attack again).:thdown:
I've played for 5 to 10 hours and I'm still at level,um, 18? how are you supposed to play this on battle.net?

anyway, keep up the good work.:thup:
(I hope your going to extend dark invasion II further or make dark invasion III)

Arkan

Nobody rides for free
Reaction score
It's been awhile since I posted here, I'll answer your questions.

>Advena
I and Pidda started working on it just before 2008, we've been getting alot of ideas and help from people.

>InSonar
I'm trying to make it more beginner friendly, but this game will never reach out to the people who doesn't even bother to read simple instructions (for example it clearly says how to pick a hero), oh well.

>NightShade
The alchemist should be right where you found him, in West Volgerad.

You mention that the stamina bars disappear, this is a Wc3-Save issue. I suggest you use save codes you get at crystals instead of using default wc3-saving.

I don't know what you mean how to play it on b.net? You host it just like any other map.

I'm currently working on the next version that will unlock more areas, adding new features etc.

NightShade

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
The alchemist should be right where you found him, in West Volgerad.
sorry, couldn't find him before (the alchemist is hidden behind a building in view 5).
You mention that the stamina bars disappear, this is a Wc3-Save issue. I suggest you use save codes you get at crystals instead of using default wc3-saving.
well I would, but it gets annoying doing the same quest 10 times for one character
I don't know what you mean how to play it on b.net? You host it just like any other map.
since games on battle.net don't last 10 hours, the only way someone can get a high level is to save their character and play that character in a different game on B.net. Not everybody who plays the game will have a saved character so in one game there might be one character that's at level 50, and one that's level 1. I personally would not want to play a game where every one else is 20 levels higher than me at the start, because that would make me unimportant. I'd rather play a game where everyone is more or less the same level, cause then we would all be equal.
I'm currently working on the next version that will unlock more areas, adding new features etc.
nice, I hope that crafting and digging will be available.
one should also be able to cook any type of fish and meat(satyr flesh!:D).

Larcenist

REP: Respect, Envy, Prosperity?
Reaction score
This is truly awesome. I've never understood how anyone has the will to make something that utilizes multiboards that much (I basically get tired setting up a basic multiboard showing team kills/deaths :p). I'm going to host this online with a few friends and try it out this very instant.

Arkan

Nobody rides for free
Reaction score
>Andrewgosu
Thanks for the publicity and rep, much appreciated!

>NightShade
DI2 can be played single player or with random people (with random levels and experience) on b.net. But the most enjoyable experience in my opinion is to start a game with some friends so you're all around the same level. You gain a few levels etc. and then you save at a crystal and then you can continue playing another time.

>Larcenist
Multiboards are your friend, once you tame them :thup:
Hope you enjoy it.

NightShade

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
"unable to load at this moment", I get this message every time I try to load a character.:nuts:

hey! now it doesn't give me that message, it says that my codes are invalid.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I must clearly say that I'm impressed.

So much work has been done for this map, it's great to know there are still mapmakers that motivated. :)

/Applaud!

In a near future, I'll test it throughoutly and try to give you a review that's on par with the map's quality (at least I hope).

Keep it up and good luck!

punwisp

Reaction score
Holy freaking shit faced monkeys on crack rolling eyes donkeys sky faced bastard fingertips!!! This is the SHIT, and very well made, the features are amazing... Never before have I seen something like this... YOUR THE BEST MAP MAKER EVER! =)

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing too. I would like to see some tutorials implented in-game to help beginners because it's quite confusing at first. Looks like you took your time making this map because I'm impressed. Good job! :D

Arkan

Nobody rides for free
Reaction score
The map is not dead, a big update is about to be released in the coming days :thup:

Pidda

Cool Member
Reaction score
Yup, the map is far from dead.

Not alot of new terrain has been added, but considering that fact that almost three (still unplayable) islands were actually complete in 2.05, it's not much more terrain to finish.

On the terrain department (Yeah Arkan, I gotta whine about it here too :p), I had a smaller setback when my computer crashed and I lost 3-4 weeks of terrain.

But Arkan has finished alot of work I was unable to do this time. And I feel confident that we can release a version before 2009 :)

Arkan

Nobody rides for free
Reaction score
Indeed!

v2.06 released
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
v2.06
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Save/Load Compability: 2.06+
´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´

New Features
============
-Added 6 new quests
-Added 25 new learnable abilities
-Unlocked additional areas
-Added more NPCs
-Each class now gets to pick between two traits at level 15, 30, 50 and 75, type -traits to see learned traits
-Crafting is now possible (32 craftable items added), you must be near a blacksmith/anvil to do this
-Digging is now possible, type -dig to replace Attack Command with Excavate Command
-Extended the inventory from 16 to 32 slots
-Added two new item classes "Book/Scroll" and "Instrument"
-Zodiac compatibility now affect damage in combat
-Introduced default cooldowns again (had to make a small feature sacrifice)
-Increased the AOE in which trees become transparent
-Added a hotkey 'M' for switch command
-Updated the item database
-Updated the beastiary
-Updated fish system and regions
-Saving now includes some profession stats, also up to 10 abilities can be saved
-Item bonuses now show when clicked on the item
-New command icons
-Added a menu cursor sound
-Added a loading progress indicator
-Zeppelins now properly land and take off

Bug Fixes
=========
-Fixed a bug with suiciding in a transport
-Fixed a bug with Haste on enemies
-Fixed an exploit that allowed you to have two heroes
-As stated in the tool-tip, you actually have to be near a fire to attempt cooking now
-Fixed a visual bug with channeling bars
-Fixed a bug that sometimes caused a paused unit to run
-Fixed a string error with enemies dropping gold
-Rewrote Interaction Voting
-Increased Steal cooldown to 3.5 sec and made it non-abusable

Balance Changes
===============
-Added cooldown on some consumables when used from the Belt
-New formula for revival time (10 + Level * 0.26)
-Enemies killed that have 15+ levels more than you will give no XP or AP
-Rebalanced some monster skills
-Haste is now a level 2 Red Magick
-Rebalanced some magicks
-Rewrote passive regeneration calculations
-Made some quest rebalancing

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
Just played it. The amazon or w/e still does alot of dmg. She practically does 30 dmg by lvl 4 or so. Also, me and my friends also steal from the boss on Draghan peak and make a new game. Already at like 3.3k. Game looks good, but still has a few exploits.

eskimojoe_66

Reaction score
Ya congratz on the map, very original!
Um but i need some help:
1. I need to smuggle some black weed to a guy in volgerad. Where is volgerad?
2. At Draghan Peak, how do I ride the zeppelin to Shandare?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.