Dark Souls - General thread

iPeez

Hot food far all world wide!
Reaction score
Let's talk about everything from monsters and gear / weapons to game mechanics and methodes / help!

NO SPOILERS, OR KEEP THEM COVERED UP! (/spoiler tags)

iPeez

Reaction score
Also a question:
Does anyone else have trouble starting the game from steam? Mine appears to get the loading Dark Souls... window. Then it closes and nothing else happens. Except DATA.exe and DARKSOULS****.exe appears in my task manager.

I did restart Steam, ran Steam and Dark Souls as admin., restarted the computer, re-installed Steam, Dark Souls, tried to change compatibility modes on Dark Souls .exes and I check the forums & Google for hours.

iPeez

Reaction score
I got it to work. No idea how, but after a few days it suddenly launched like normal!

It is kind... of buggy.. but if you used the unofficial fix and tweak the settings, it is more than playable, it's great!

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
This game is so fucking hard...

iPeez

Reaction score
Yepp! :D I'm close to beating it now!
Need 1 more Lord Soul and then I am off to Kings!

What class are you playing?

Varine

Reaction score
Wanderer. I haven't been playing it for a few weeks though. Started Assassin's Creed again and the last two weeks at work have been crazy (worked four days so far this week, at like 56 hours...). I beat the game once in the Xbox though, still at the beginning right now.

iPeez

Reaction score
Cool Cool, I played knight now on my first playthrough, but want to try pyromancer or maybe another class for a second playthroug. Knight was kind of tank and spank all the way

Varine

Reaction score
The Deprived makes the first part so fucking hard. I couldn't get past the second boss.

iPeez

Reaction score
Ye i heard so, does the game like balance monsters and all out at sertain points in the game or just at new game+? Because I really wanna try that class and just farm to a decent level if a part gets too hard..

Varine

Reaction score
No it doesn't balance out. It gets about the same as other classes once you get some decent equipment, but to get to there you basically can't get hit. And the game is already borderline impossible. For the first few days I didn't know you couldn't pause it and was so confused when I came back dead.

iPeez

Reaction score
Yeah man that pause thing! F*** that! Seriously;

- Play Dark Souls
- 20 minute boss fight
- Dinner is on the table
- Can't pause the game
- Feel I have a good chance of killing the boss!
- Play for 20 minutes, dinner is now cold
- Die anyway.

Varine

Reaction score
I would ALWAYS forget too, like on a huge boss fight that took me forever to get to, I would pause for a cigarette, come back, god damn it. Terrible...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.