NapaHero

Back from the dead...
Reaction score
Here's a cool spell that I made.

GUI/JASS: GUI.
MUI: No.
Leakless: What's a leak? :p

Darkness Bolt

Kali'naj turns himself into a bolt of dark energy, that travels for a limited time. When it stops, Kali'naj morphs back to his normal self. Due that, the energy that was contained in the bolt turns into multiple dark waves that are launched around, each dealing damage to enemy units.

Level 1 - 2 waves, 125 damage.
Level 2 - 4 waves, 150 damage.
Level 3 - 6 waves, 175 damage.
Level 4 - 8 waves, 200 damage.

Code:
DarknessBolt
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Darkness Bolt 
    Actions
        Set DB_Count_Distance = 0.00
        Set DB_Point = (Target point of ability being cast)
        Set DB_Caster = (Triggering unit)
        Set DB_Caster_Pos = (Position of DB_Caster)
        Set DB_Real_Distance = (Distance between DB_Caster_Pos and DB_Point)
        Set DB_Angle = (Angle from DB_Caster_Pos to DB_Point)
        Set DB_LvL = (Level of Darkness Bolt  for DB_Caster)
        Countdown Timer - Start DB_Timer as a Repeating timer that will expire in 0.02 seconds
        Unit - Hide DB_Caster
        Unit - Create 1 Dark Dummy for (Owner of DB_Caster) at DB_Caster_Pos facing DB_Point
        Set DB_Dummy = (Last created unit)
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_DB_Point)
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_DB_Caster_Pos)
        Trigger - Turn on DarknessBolt2 <gen>

Code:
DarknessBolt2
    Events
        Time - DB_Timer expires
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set DB_Count_Distance = (DB_Count_Distance + 15.00)
        Set DB_Dummy_Pos = (Position of DB_Dummy)
        Set DB_Dummy_Pos_Distance = (DB_Dummy_Pos offset by 15.00 towards DB_Angle degrees)
        Unit - Move DB_Dummy instantly to DB_Dummy_Pos_Distance
        Special Effect - Create a special effect at DB_Dummy_Pos_Distance using Abilities\Weapons\IllidanMissile\IllidanMissile.mdl
        Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                DB_Count_Distance Greater than or equal to DB_Real_Distance
            Then - Actions
                Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
                Countdown Timer - Pause DB_Timer
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_DB_Dummy_Pos_Distance)
                Unit - Remove DB_Dummy from the game
                Unit - Move DB_Caster instantly to DB_Dummy_Pos
                Set DB_Dummy_Angle = (Facing of DB_Dummy)
                Special Effect - Create a special effect at DB_Dummy_Pos using Abilities\Spells\Undead\AnimateDead\AnimateDeadTarget.mdl
                Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
                Unit - Unhide DB_Caster
                For each (Integer A) from 1 to (2 x DB_LvL), do (Actions)
                    Loop - Actions
                        Set DB_Dummy_Angle = (DB_Dummy_Angle + (180.00 / (Real(DB_LvL))))
                        Set DB_Dummy_Pos_Offset = (DB_Dummy_Pos offset by 256.00 towards DB_Dummy_Angle degrees)
                        Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of DB_Caster) at DB_Dummy_Pos facing DB_Dummy_Angle degrees
                        Set Dummy_Integer[(Integer A)] = (Last created unit)
                        Unit - Add Dummy Dark Wave  to (Last created unit)
                        Unit - Set level of Dummy Dark Wave  for (Last created unit) to DB_LvL
                        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Dreadlord - Carrion Swarm DB_Dummy_Pos_Offset
                        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_DB_Dummy_Pos_Offset)
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_DB_Dummy_Pos)
                Animation - Play DB_Caster's spell animation
                Selection - Select DB_Caster for (Owner of DB_Caster)
                Wait 1.50 seconds
                Animation - Reset DB_Caster's animation
                For each (Integer A) from 1 to (2 x DB_LvL), do (Actions)
                    Loop - Actions
                        Unit - Remove Dummy_Integer[(Integer A)] from the game
            Else - Actions
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_DB_Dummy_Pos)
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_DB_Dummy_Pos_Distance)

darknessboltpw2.jpg

Edit 1: Sorry, I nearly forgot the screenies.
Edit 2: Fixed a bug where the skulls didn't disappeared.
Edit 3: Updated the map. Now, Dark Dummy faces the target point.
Edit 4 (I hope this is the last edit.): Remade the spell to fit the suggestions.

Feedback is welcome.

Attachments

• Chaos Lich - Spell 1.2.w3x
    26.6 KB · Views: 546

Trollvottel

never aging title
Reaction score
err why dont you remove the skulls after the spell? the spellmap is full of skulls after some times casting the spell

but it is well done

NapaHero

Back from the dead...
Reaction score
Do I need to take it away for the spell get approved? That skin really makes the spell look cool.

Also, I don't see nothing in the rules that tells that I should not put a custom skin in a spell map.

Edit: Updated. No more imported skin and icons.

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
Post this type of image instead of yours:
darknessboltpw2.jpg

dragonhord

Knowledge is true opinion. - Plato
Reaction score
Nice spell, except one thing... When I use it, I kinda want to go where I click, but the spell makes me overshoot where I click by a LOT, so I advise making it check where I am clicking so I dont overshoot it... AoE spells you usually want them to go off where you click :D.

NapaHero

Back from the dead...
Reaction score
Well, that's supposed to happen :p

This spell can be used to either skip damage, escape from multiple enemies or cause mass AOE damage. 3 in 1.

Chjoodge

Reaction score
Kali'naj turns himself into a bolt of dark energy, that [Strike]travels a certain amount of range[/Strike] shoots toward the target point. When it stops, Kali'naj morphs back to his normal self. [Strike]Due that[/Strike] Along the way, the energy [Strike]that was[/Strike] contained in the bolt turns into [Strike]multiple[/Strike] dark waves [Strike]that are launched[/Strike] launching around, each dealing damage to nearby enemy units.

I didn't test the spell, but I like the idea :) This is my try to improve the description of the spell.

Chjoodge

Reaction score
Ah, I see :) Another try:

Kali'naj turns himself into a bolt of dark energy that shoots toward the target point. Upon arrival, Kali'naj morphs back to his normal form. At that moment, the energy contained in the bolt explodes into waves, each dealing damage to nearby enemy units.

But anyway, it's no big deal, basically it's just your original description reworded.

The spell itself is neat, but as someone already said, you should make the bolt shoot only to the destination point and not any further. When travelling always the full range, I don't know much about where the hero is going to stop, even more because the bolt shoots quite far, and that's not cool.

Also, there's a bug, maybe? It can easily happen that the hero turns out to be somewhere he usually isn't allowed to be - like in your test map, I can end up hovering above the river, unable to move, because the hero cannot move over water.

NapaHero

Back from the dead...
Reaction score
>>Also, there's a bug, maybe? It can easily happen that the hero turns out to be somewhere he usually isn't allowed to be - like in your test map, I can end up hovering above the river, unable to move, because the hero cannot move over water.

That can easily be fixed: Make Dark Dummy has Foot movement type. It's not a bug, it's supposed to happen.

Problem of the target point is that I cannot, somehow, get the Dummy to stop exactly at there. Sometimes, if I try this, the Dummy Unit flies forever through the map.

Chjoodge

Reaction score
Problem of the target point is that I cannot, somehow, get the Dummy to stop exactly at there. Sometimes, if I try this, the Dummy Unit flies forever through the map.
That should be easily fixed. What did you try?

The easiest way I can think of is calculating distance between the caster and the target point at the time of casting, then in each step, comparing this distance with the distance of the current position of the dummy from the original casting point.

NapaHero

Back from the dead...
Reaction score
That should be easily fixed. What did you try?

The easiest way I can think of is calculating distance between the caster and the target point at the time of casting, then in each step, comparing this distance with the distance of the current position of the dummy from the original casting point.

I tried to check the distance between the dummy position and target point at the Periodic Event. But, for some weird reason, the dummy is never removed, flying forever :(

That spell is amazing. Thnx NapaHero :) i liked. +Rep

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.