Spell Darkness Bolt

Chjoodge

Reaction score
I tried to check the distance between the dummy position and target point at the Periodic Event.
Did you have the math right? It's easy to make a mistake this way, since you have to take into account the default distance the bolt moves and you can't do that easily because of the way you move your dummy.

You can try this: when the spell is cast, save:
1) The caster's current position.
2) The distance between his position and the target point.

At each step in the periodic event, compare the distance between the current position of the dummy and the starting point that you saved in (1) against the distance you saved in (2). If the first distance is larger, stop moving.

NapaHero

Back from the dead...
Reaction score
Did you have the math right? It's easy to make a mistake this way, since you have to take into account the default distance the bolt moves and you can't do that easily because of the way you move your dummy.

You can try this: when the spell is cast, save:
1) The caster's current position.
2) The distance between his position and the target point.

At each step in the periodic event, compare the distance between the current position of the dummy and the starting point that you saved in (1) against the distance you saved in (2). If the first distance is larger, stop moving.

Guess I'll try again. I'll upload the map, if I can do this.

Chjoodge

Reaction score
GL. Post the code if you doesn't get it working, since this is pretty easy and someone will surely help you spot the error.

NapaHero

Back from the dead...
Reaction score
I was able to stop Dummy at the target point (what a relief :p) and Dark Dummy now has Foot movement type. However, something that I noticed is that the Dummy Units, that cast Carrion Swarm, aren't removed, even if I give them an Expiration Timer. I need to remove them :banghead:

EDIT: I figured out a way. I remade the spell.

Reaction score
Countdown Timer - Start DB_Timer as a Repeating timer that will expire in 0.02 seconds

Where do you use that timer?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.