Data Editor - Auto Turret (Raven) Building Problems

MerrillPhish

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I am kinda new to the Starcraft 2 Editor but have a lot experience with Wc3 Editor. I can do most things that I need to do with the Data Editor and starting to understand it better. I am just having problems with 2 things centered around the Auto Turret (Raven) Unit.

I have a SCV (worker) that builds into a Refinery or Auto-Turret(Raven). When I say "build into" I want the SCV to die after it is done building just like the Zerg Drone.

So I copied the Zerg Drone Morph ability and replaced the buildings. The Refinery works perfectly but I am having trouble with the Auto-Turret(Raven).

1. The SCV does NOT die after it completes building the Auto-Turret(Raven).
2. The build time will NOT apply. The SCV will build the Auto-Turret(Raven) instantly instead of using the indicated build time set in the morph ability.

I am guessing I need to check off something in on the Auto-Turret(Raven) but I can't seem to find it.

Anyone got any ideas?
Thanks

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
Having a unit "build into" another unit is generally called a morph. I'm not sure, but I think that's how the zerg drone morph works as well.

Instead of copying the Zerg Drone Morph, I suggest you create it from scratch. It's not a lot of work and it will be cleaner than copying something else.

To help you with this, you should read Dave312's excellent tutorial about it.

MerrillPhish

Reaction score
I will try that when I get home tonight but I have a strong feeling that the problem is with the Auto Turret because the Refinery works fine. Thanks, keep you all posted

MerrillPhish

Reaction score
I just made a custom zerg morph build and same result. Problem is definitely with Auto-Turret.

Now that I am looking at the auto turret... It does not have the ability "Build In Progress"
I gave turret the "Build and Progress" ability and presto everything is working.

Thanks

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.