Data Editor Mission #1 - Morph

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
Data Editor Mission​

- What is a Data Editor Mission?

Every now and then, a theme will be presented. We'll try to pick a theme that is broad enough so that you can join independent of your current skill level. The mission is to create a data asset that follows the theme and that is made completely in the data editor(or at least something like a 95% majority in the data editor). It is almost like a spell contest without the pressure of prices and grading.

- What is the purpose of the Data Editor Missions?

• To increase the forum activity
  • To get a bunch of good data assets
  • And finally, to have you learn a lot more about the editor. Both by creating your own asset and by examining other people's assets.

- How do I get started?

• Open the editor
  • Create something awesome that fits with the theme
  • Post it here with an explanation of what it does. Screenshots are also nice.

- Explain the theme! Morph? What are you talking about?

Well, due to the recent questions about morphing abilities as well as Dave312's excellent tutorial on the subject, it feels like this is a good theme to start on. Not to mention it has a lot of potential when it comes to what you can actually do. Want to create an evolving Pokémon? Go for it! Some crazy over 9000 dragonball morph? Sure! Why not? What about a super merge morph where two Archons morph together to become a giant storm cloud? Awesome, go do it!

I will try to keep an updated list in this post where I link down to everyone's assets.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
Here's one of my assets. I originally came up with the idea for Square Control. I then improved the visuals with the intention of giving this to Kyuft so he can use it for his own custom map.

The marauder digs up a barricade of dirt around himself, increasing his protection. The barricade provides 10 bonus armor but the marauder can't move until he's removed the barrier. It takes 5 seconds to build/remove the barrier.

Pictures:
c13iz.jpg

t5cHX.jpg

Map:
View attachment Entrenchment.SC2Map

Edit: Fixed some issues with animation not playing properly, wrong button tooltip and entrenchment not disabling movement.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.