Demo Map Date Multiboard

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
I thought I'd post this snippet of a multiboard I made for my WIP Campaign RPG.

It's a very simple group of triggers that record the in-game day, month and year. This would probably have more use in an RPG map than any other genre.

Here's the first trigger to set the months' names (You can easily edit the names of the months to your liking)

Code:
Set Month Names
    Events
        Map initialization
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set MonthNames[1] = |cff63A5E7Allandia|r
        Set MonthNames[2] = |cff63A5E7Arcundia|r
        Set MonthNames[3] = |cff63A5E7Bolartus|r
        Set MonthNames[4] = |cff63A5E7Namabia|r
        Set MonthNames[5] = |cff63A5E7Ebernaia|r
        Set MonthNames[6] = |cff63A5E7Salibus|r
        Set MonthNames[7] = |cff63A5E7Antatrius|r
        Set MonthNames[8] = |cff63A5E7Mytentaia|r
        Set MonthNames[9] = |cff63A5E7Cesarnor|r
        Set MonthNames[10] = |cff63A5E7Asica|r
        Set MonthNames[11] = |cff63A5E7Ethya|r
        Set MonthNames[12] = |cff63A5E7Estanthis|r

The second trigger creates the multiboard, puts in colours, sets the width, and shows the multiboard (I put in the '-----' just to help me organise the trigger)

Code:
Set Multiboard
    Events
        Time - Elapsed game time is 1.00 seconds
    Conditions
    Actions
        Game - Set the time of day to 6.00
        Multiboard - Create a multiboard with 3 columns and 2 rows, titled |cffCA9E4FRPG Multi...
        Set DaMoYeMultiBoard = (Last created multiboard)
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to 6, do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Multiboard - Set the display style for DaMoYeMultiBoard item in column (Integer A), row 1 to Show text and Hide icons
                Multiboard - Set the display style for DaMoYeMultiBoard item in column 1, row (Integer A) to Show text and Hide icons
        Multiboard - Set the text for DaMoYeMultiBoard item in column 1, row 1 to |cff1A61A8Day
        Multiboard - Set the text for DaMoYeMultiBoard item in column 2, row 1 to |cff1A61A8Month
        Multiboard - Set the text for DaMoYeMultiBoard item in column 3, row 1 to |cff1A61A8Year
        -------- ------------------------------ --------
            Loop - Actions
                Multiboard - Set the width for DaMoYeMultiBoard item in column 1, row (Integer A) to 3.50% of the total screen width
                Multiboard - Set the width for DaMoYeMultiBoard item in column 2, row (Integer A) to 8.00% of the total screen width
                Multiboard - Set the width for DaMoYeMultiBoard item in column 3, row (Integer A) to 3.50% of the total screen width
        Multiboard - Set the text for DaMoYeMultiBoard item in column 1, row 2 to (|cff63A5E7 + (String(Days)))
        Multiboard - Set the text for DaMoYeMultiBoard item in column 2, row 2 to (|cff63A5E7 + (MonthNames[Months] + ( |cff63A5E7( + ((String(Months)) + )|r))))
        Multiboard - Set the text for DaMoYeMultiBoard item in column 3, row 2 to (|cff63A5E7 + (String(Years)))
            Loop - Actions
                Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row (Integer A) to Show text and Hide icons
                Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row (Integer A) to Show text and Hide icons
                Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row (Integer A) to Show text and Hide icons
        Multiboard - Show DaMoYeMultiBoard

The third and final trigger updates the multiboard every time a day goes by (0:00 is reached in in-game time)

Code:
Updates
    Events
        Game - The in-game time of day becomes Equal to 0.00
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set Days = (Days + 1)
        Multiboard - Set the text for DaMoYeMultiBoard item in column 1, row 2 to (|cff63A5E7 + ((String(Days)) + |r))
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                Days Equal to 30
            Then - Actions
                Set Days = 1
                Set Months = (Months + 1)
                Multiboard - Set the text for DaMoYeMultiBoard item in column 2, row 2 to (MonthNames[Months] + (( ( + (String(Months))) + )))
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        Months Equal to 12
                    Then - Actions
                        Set Months = 1
                        Set Years = (Years + 1)
                        Multiboard - Set the text for DaMoYeMultiBoard item in column 3, row 2 to (|cff63A5E7 + ((String(Years)) + |r))
                    Else - Actions
            Else - Actions

Days -
Integer Variable
Initial Value = 1

Months -
Integer Variable
Initial Value = 1

Years -
Integer Variable
Initial Value = 200

MonthNames -
String
Array Size = 12

DaMoYeMultiBoard -
Multiboard

Incase you were wondering, DaMoYe = DayMonthYear

I used 200 as the starting year for my rpg, edit the initial value of Years to adjust this.

And, ofcourse I'll attach a blank map with the triggers in it for people who are too lazy to type it in themselves. :p

Edit~ Oh and I forgot to change the 'For each integer from 1 to 6' from my rpg map to '1 to 3' to suit this blank map. Well it doesnt do any harm (I hope), and I can't be bothered to change it :p

Attachments

• RPGDateTriggers.w3x
    18 KB · Views: 514

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Why can't you make new ones?....
Seriously, you could ATLEAST used another thread MORE RELEVANT to your question... Or SEARCHED.
Post your question here, by clicking in New Thread.

Mods: Please delete this post once this gets fixed :p

I

Iknowcunfo

Can you repost put a screenshot?

Can you plz put a screen shot of what this looks like? to see if i need one like this?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.