Dawn of War 2 Retribution

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
So... next expansion for WH40k Dawn of War 2 - is there any interest in this?

Dawn of War 2 community site
Gamespot Q&A with Jeff Lydell
Gamespot First Look
Something Awful - Dawn of War II Retribution info & discussion

[YOUTUBE]DfZD_i6EY5E[/YOUTUBE]

Sounds quite promising - just got through completing the original and expansion campaigns in coop, so I'm very pleased to see the addition of 6 (I think) new campaigns with a reasonable amount of content each (~15 missions each, from what I've heard)

There are a number of pre-order editions (I'm not sure if it's pre-orders only, I must try and confirm that), each of which will grant 4 pieces of Wargear and some artwork for your chosen race - the Tyranid pack is exclusive to the THQ website (EU/US) will have the Tyranid pack available, whereas the Ork pack will be exclusive to Steam (link). The Collector's Edition (US, I can't find an equivalent EU store link) contains the bonus Wargear for all 6 races, along with the artwork

From what I can tell, any of the bonus Wargear packs will be available as DLC upon release.

Aside from the campaigns, I hope they flesh out The Last Stand mode with a few more commander choices - it was pretty awesome, but it feels so constrained with only 1 commander per race :(

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
In my opinion, the WH40K series was always one of the best RTS's out there. Like their concepts and graphics. I remember the first one, I think it was. I loved how (more) realistic it was than a lot of other RTS's, with the target and aiming system, and all the knock back and movement things. o_O

I just didn't keep up with it, but it's great.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
In my opinion, the WH40K series was always one of the best RTS's out there. Like their concepts and graphcs. I remember the first one, I think it was. I loved how (more) realistic it was than a lot of other RTS's, with the target and aiming system, and all the knock back and movement things. o_O

Ye, Relic did a pretty amazing job with Dawn of War IMO in terms of making the combat really... brutal, for want of a better word. And considering the zealous, bloodthirsty and just plain crazy attitude that each faction had towards the others ("Cleanse, purge, KILL!" ftw :D), it makes the DoW games just feel so good.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Is this one a base-building one? Because I think in one of the more recent ones, I don't know if it was just for one of them, but they no longer had players build bases. Like instead it was more about the capture points and relics, and you had very few buildings, so it focused more on spawning. In the original Dawn of War I remember actually building huge bases, which I prefer more. Oh dis brings back memories.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.