Crime Deadly shooting kills 26 in Newtown, CT

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
What could you possibly do to someone that pushes them so far as to kill 20 children? I don't think you can put the blame on others for this one.

I can understand your point of view, but you can push someone to do something as horrible as killing 20 children. Just imagine you're being ignored by everybody. At some point you'll feel like a ghost. What can you possibly do to get attention? What can you possibly do where people can't look away?
I believe that the human mind is fragile and the way we have to live under a steadily evolving government ( in terms of economy and technology ) is not helping. I mean, I can't even breakfast with my fucking family under the week.

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score
Uhh no? Police in schools is a shitty deal. Where else are they going to sell weed? Where will freshmen go to get high before class if not the back of the school? Plus I don't like police, they don't do a very good job. And they're narcissistic dicks.
You shouldn't sell weed in school. That's foolish. You shouldn't get high at school. That's just about as dumb. Both of those things are for home and nature, not for getting a quick rush at the risk of gettin' in a stupid amount of trouble. There's plenty of time to blaze before and after school, so that's the time to do it.

A lot of police are fuckin' dicks, I agree with that completely. But not all. Every once in a while you'll come across one that's just a regular person trying to do their job, and you can't give someone too much hell for doing what they're supposed to do. A lot of them don't do good jobs, you're right about that, too; more worried about meetin' quotas or bein' the 'badass' than helpin' out those in need, yeah... they're bitches. But hopefully in a school they'd actually be able to do their jobs right. I know that my high school cop man wasn't a super dick, and he'd shoot the shit with you like a regular Joe.

And maybe not cops, armed security guards would work just as well. But I'd rather get some of the cops off the streets and into schools where they might help than to leave them out there, causing pain to people through bullshit fines and incarceration.

Hatebreeder said:
I can understand your point of view, but you can push someone to do something as horrible as killing 20 children. Just imagine you're being ignored by everybody. At some point you'll feel like a ghost. What can you possibly do to get attention? What can you possibly do where people can't look away?
If he wanted attention then why'd he kill himself before he got it? A broken brain is to blame, here, not the people that may or may not have instigated said brain into this sort of atrocious action.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
You shouldn't sell weed in school. That's foolish. You shouldn't get high at school. That's just about as dumb. Both of those things are for home and nature, not for getting a quick rush at the risk of gettin' in a stupid amount of trouble. There's plenty of time to blaze before and after school, so that's the time to do it.

I did. Worked out fine for me.

Every once in a while

Is that a suitable amount for you to rely on?

you can't give someone too much hell for doing what they're supposed to do

Assuming they ARE doing what they're supposed to be doing. Which is rarely the case.

But hopefully in a school they'd actually be able to do their jobs right.

They don't. There was four cops stationed at my high school when I was there. It used to be one, but then a kid offed himself and they upped it for some reason. Every cop there was a douchebag, two of them tried to arrest me, one of them gave me a lecture on coming to school late, and they really liked to search my car.

I know that my high school cop man wasn't a super dick, and he'd shoot the shit with you like a regular Joe.

Chances are he wasn't a regular cop if it was the same one every day.

And maybe not cops, armed security guards would work just as well.

Financial redundancy. Security guards are rarely trained appropriately, liable to get cop-like ego trips, and in the event that you do get a good guard that IS properly trained, they're expensive. If you want a minimum wage rent a cop at your school go ahead, but I sure as hell wouldn't be risking my life for eight dollars an hour.

But I'd rather get some of the cops off the streets and into schools where they might help than to leave them out there, causing pain to people through bullshit fines and incarceration.

I have a better solution: we fire them.

EDIT: about the fame thing, that is a large motivator for it. Not because they want to be famous but because they want everyone to know their name. There's a difference. And every news station in the country has been blasting his name for the past four days, and everyone knows about his life and how hard life was for him, which is typically the endgame in these kinds of scenarios.

Fatmankev

Reaction score
I dunno, I guess that's part of being crazy. Your motives don't have to make sense to regular people. I know that if I was doin' somethin' like this for recognition, then I wouldn't have tried to destroy the evidence to my master plans (his hard drives).

Varine

Reaction score
He probably thought it would add more mystery to him.

Fatmankev

Reaction score
Crazy ass people. I wonder how it would feel to be incapable of remorse like a sociopath (or whatever they're called in this day and age)? I feel like that's one of the biggest things that makes us human.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont know his name. Nobody speaks about that over here. They say 27 people got killed and a few got into hospital. Thats it.

And damn, sounds pretty bad that you guys need cops at school?! This is really crazy for me.
There is no cops in any school over here. There is hardly any security. Our school had 3 cameras (which were probably fake) because somebody broke into the teachers office and stole a computer from there.
It would be an outrage over here if the officials told the parents they need cops to safely get their kids to school.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
I dont know his name. Nobody speaks about that over here. They say 27 people got killed and a few got into hospital. Thats it.
It's 26.

It would be an outrage over here if the officials told the parents they need cops to safely get their kids to school.

More related to confusion and expressing anger on the school for overspending its funds.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
More related to confusion and expressing anger on the school for overspending its funds.
I still don't get it. Nobody else pays 50 bucks a month for armed security to check everyone that enters the school? How do you learn without cowering in fear every day?

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
I still don't get it. Nobody else pays 50 bucks a month for armed security to check everyone that enters the school? How do you learn without cowering in fear every day?

Because we have a culture that doesn't tolerate the use of guns. Instead, we have the triad.

Varine

Reaction score

And damn, sounds pretty bad that you guys need cops at school?! This is really crazy for me.
There is no cops in any school over here. There is hardly any security. Our school had 3 cameras (which were probably fake) because somebody broke into the teachers office and stole a computer from there.

I don't know his name either, but that doesn't mean it hasn't been blasted on the news. Everyone's heard it. Everyone knows about his shitty childhood. And that's probably what he wanted, everyone to know how hard it is to be him.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont even know why anyone should check them. Do you think every student brings a knive or something to school?
There has never been a reason for security guards at school for as long as i can remember.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
I dont even know why anyone should check them. Do you think every student brings a knive or something to school?
There has never been a reason for security guards at school for as long as i can remember.
It's seen often enough in the public schools that students bring weapons, drugs and so on, despite the fact that drugs are against Islamic teachings. This country is hardly the safest.

The security guards mainly stop unauthorised people from entering to prevent theft of school property/students.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
It's seen often enough in the public schools that students bring weapons, drugs and so on, despite the fact that drugs are against Islamic teachings. This country is hardly the safest.

The security guards mainly stop unauthorised people from entering to prevent theft of school property/students.
Never occured even once in my entire school life.
There have been a couple of guys selling weed or cigarettes at the toilet, but never did anybody bring weapons or hard drugs or anything to school. And why would anybody try to enter school who isnt supposed to? What should they do?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.