US News Death row inmate: I'm too fat to execute

The Helper

Administrator
Staff member

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) -- A death row inmate scheduled for execution says he's too fat to be put to death, claiming executioners would have trouble finding his veins and that his weight could diminish the effectiveness of one of the lethal injection drugs.

Lawyers for Richard Cooey argue in a federal lawsuit that Cooey -- 5-feet-7 and 267 pounds -- had poor veins when he faced execution five years ago and the problem has been worsened by weight gain.

The lawsuit, filed Friday in federal court, also says prison officials have had difficulty drawing blood from Cooey for medical procedures.

Cooey, 41, is sentenced to die for raping and murdering two young women in 1986. His execution is scheduled for October 14.

Read more about it here.

Xapphire

Liberty, Simply said; a lie.
Poor women, can't see how he raped them with all that fat covering his twinkie.

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Sadly he's right. He is too fat to execute by needle. A bullet would probably not have much effect on its own unless it penetrated his skull.
Oh well. No execution I suppose.

Oh wait, there is one way.

Aaaaalllll the waaaayyy to the bottom of the deep blue sea!

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
the death is not enough penalty for him, they should cut hes balls of
and put him on a desert island alone..no chance to flee somewhere.

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
i don't understand why he needs proper anesthetics, it's not like he's going to live to remember the pain anyway...

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
but really how it sounds , all want murder him, is the same thing he did on the poor girls. he need a real punish. death is to easy (Even if sound good) but is not a punish for him. Or for the rest crap are in the jail who did the same thing.

but really how it sounds , all want murder him, is the same thing he did on the poor girls. he need a real punish. death is to easy (Even if sound good) but is not a punish for him. Or for the rest crap are in the jail who did the same thing.
Why should he be made to suffer for the sake of it? He is no danger to society anymore, and certainly not if he dies. Really, it is just vindictive.

krazy6446

I know what to do with him. Put him in a freezer or a bath tub. Cover him with water, but make sure he has something to breath through. Then, put liquid nitrogen in the water. It will freeze instantly.

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
I know what to do with him. Put him in a freezer or a bath tub. Cover him with water, but make sure he has something to breath through. Then, put liquid nitrogen in the water. It will freeze instantly.
Instead, why don't you just make him go on a diet? o_O

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
A fat man was hung in the old west. He was decapitated by the rope because he was too heavy.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Would like to get some annual forum statistics report.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    there are stats in the xenforo forum admin section and we have matomo stats we started collecting beginning of the year so we will not have annual on that until next year
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I thought you had keys to the bathroom Tom? Ghan does Tom have access to the stats thread in the bathroom
  • The Helper The Helper:
    since I started jacking with the bots on the site we doubled our page views on the site in a week lol
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I have been having lots of fun
  • The Helper The Helper:
    we have had like 6000 views of the American Airlines economy class thread in the last week
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I ought to stick a travel affiliate link or something on that page to try and monetize that they are just going there and leaving it might even be bots I am not sure
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I just got into it with the Atari VCS Facebook Moderator I started trolling him and almost got banned
  • The Helper The Helper:
    They deleted one of my posts one time so I was trolling him on a help post I put up because I am evil I guess and bored and the guy handled it well I loved his attitude Atari has a good social media presence even if they do not have many games.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The French Atari they call them even though they are like totally based in America they just have French Money coming in. Gotta love it
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Microsoft buying Activision Blizzard holy crap!
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I know right holy cow
  • Accname Accname:
    Thats not going to save it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It might
  • The Helper The Helper:
    They are going to use alot of that IP in the Metaverse
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I found a new section of the stats that is freaking interesting!
  • The Helper The Helper:
    oh yeah this is what I was looking for good job matomo! These are some sweet stats I am learning the interface on it too!
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If anyone ever asks later how I found out about it was watching the site bots but not watching what they were doing but asking myself why they were here?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    there must be a reason and ok that is it
  • The Helper The Helper:
    the past and the future all come together into one
  • The Helper The Helper:
    the search engines are what built thehelper.net the search engines will make it big again maybe
  • The Helper The Helper:
    the real question is are 5 million links better than 60 real good links?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    the answer is 60 lol
  • The Helper The Helper:
    unless you put 100k links on it lol then you get something

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome