US News Death row inmate: I'm too fat to execute

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) -- A death row inmate scheduled for execution says he's too fat to be put to death, claiming executioners would have trouble finding his veins and that his weight could diminish the effectiveness of one of the lethal injection drugs.

Lawyers for Richard Cooey argue in a federal lawsuit that Cooey -- 5-feet-7 and 267 pounds -- had poor veins when he faced execution five years ago and the problem has been worsened by weight gain.

The lawsuit, filed Friday in federal court, also says prison officials have had difficulty drawing blood from Cooey for medical procedures.

Cooey, 41, is sentenced to die for raping and murdering two young women in 1986. His execution is scheduled for October 14.

Last edited:

Xapphire

Liberty, Simply said; a lie.
Reaction score
Poor women, can't see how he raped them with all that fat covering his twinkie.

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
Sadly he's right. He is too fat to execute by needle. A bullet would probably not have much effect on its own unless it penetrated his skull.
Oh well. No execution I suppose.

Oh wait, there is one way.

Aaaaalllll the waaaayyy to the bottom of the deep blue sea!

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
the death is not enough penalty for him, they should cut hes balls of
and put him on a desert island alone..no chance to flee somewhere.

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
i don't understand why he needs proper anesthetics, it's not like he's going to live to remember the pain anyway...

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Just cut his arms off and let him bleed to death if he wants it the hard way...

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
but really how it sounds , all want murder him, is the same thing he did on the poor girls. he need a real punish. death is to easy (Even if sound good) but is not a punish for him. Or for the rest crap are in the jail who did the same thing.

Reaction score
but really how it sounds , all want murder him, is the same thing he did on the poor girls. he need a real punish. death is to easy (Even if sound good) but is not a punish for him. Or for the rest crap are in the jail who did the same thing.

Why should he be made to suffer for the sake of it? He is no danger to society anymore, and certainly not if he dies. Really, it is just vindictive.

krazy6446

Reaction score
I know what to do with him. Put him in a freezer or a bath tub. Cover him with water, but make sure he has something to breath through. Then, put liquid nitrogen in the water. It will freeze instantly.

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
I know what to do with him. Put him in a freezer or a bath tub. Cover him with water, but make sure he has something to breath through. Then, put liquid nitrogen in the water. It will freeze instantly.
Instead, why don't you just make him go on a diet? o_O

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
A fat man was hung in the old west. He was decapitated by the rope because he was too heavy.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.