Decimation - A Novel Work in Progress by Husky

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
I thought that name up in 5 seconds and is not the official name of the book. I havn't thought up a real name for it but I put that up for now.

I actually thought up the story for it last night in bed. I wrote a rough Prologue on pad and am now writing it up on computer. I'm still on the first chapter but i'm having hopes for it. I'm still making most of it up on the spot which isnt really the best thing but i'm eager to get it down :p.

Anyway, i'm going to post the Prologue as a preview. Isnt very long but it gives you the main idea for it. Now that I think of it it isnt really a Prologue but oh well, here goes:

---The year is 2099, many of the worlds natural resources are near depletion or already are depleted. The search for a new planet is still going on and looking grim. Finding a new planet to work off seems to be our only hope to cling onto at the moment. But back on Earth greed and money have finally taken their toll on the greater of mankind. But for me there's a bigger problem. A problem that has taken control of the world and shall be our downfall, this downfall is technology. Advanced technology, primarily robotics. Robotics is at it's current peak, with the dawn of the new century everyone is suspecting new models which will finally kill of all the jobs that a robot cant do better than a human can, so whys there the need for us? There isn't, and this has sent the world into civil war, The people vs the businessmen and the government. We want our jobs back and the robot's who took over our jobs. But like that's going to happen, were all now stuck in a war torn world, countries and cities versing themselves in chaotic battle after daily battle.
---But I'm just another guy caught up in all of it. Scourging the city for anything I can sell or killing any government employee or business man who fucked up my life. My names Jason Baker and I'm just another guy caught up in the war against Technology, Robots and the government. This is my story.

Note that I hadnt really read about Conan or anyone eleses furturistic stories before this so any thing that seems the same is pure coincidence. Even dates and times.

I'll post chapter one when i'm done with it. All chapters posted will be rough drafts until I fix them for final release.

Enjoy!
-Husky

Halahan

To die will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction score
I haven't read either of the books you mentioned, but it seems a little... well... non-original. I don't know, possibly make one un-though-of change in it. And maybe change the last name of the guy. Baker seems to common.
Still fine story idea. Sorry if that seems a little harsh.

Krys A Night

Writer
Reaction score
Most of my stuff has rough titles though up in ledd than three seconds, taken from something in the story. My novel-in-progress is named after the main character, as is another one of my stories.

On a another note, I like where you are going with this. It has the feel of something that has real progress, I look forward to seeing more from you :).

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
Production of Novel has halted due to not being able to gain access to the computer the novel was being made on ><. I'm almost done on Chapter 2 anyway :p.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
seems interesting. I prefer midevil stuff. But future is a nice change every so often.:p

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
I've actually got the computer with it on back. It's 2am at the moment so i'll post Chapt 1 Alpha :p tomorrow.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.