Defense > Defend the Tower <

Larcenist

REP: Respect, Envy, Prosperity?
Reaction score
The easy strategy that works is the following one:

Start spawning them footmen and never stop!

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
Attempted it again and won easy. Told you it was just that terrible computer I was using! (Ironically, this computer lagged on the map a lot, and the other one didn't. My problem the first time was I though I probably had to use the spells sparingly, and you really need to spam them.)

Attachments

• Defend the Tower 2.w3g
    73.9 KB · Views: 251

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Thing is, the footmen can't be massed.
Though it helps a lot.

AdamGriffith

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Yay first try!
Suprised to see a great lack of furbolgs being slaughtered...
Footmen FTW!!!!!

PiCkstix

Reaction score
Simple and fun. Well done on this. Won like no problem... :p

Attached: The Proof :p

Attachments

• The Proof.w3g
    74.1 KB · Views: 259

Prometheus

Reaction score
Once you get level 5 Footmen Spawn (possibly even level 4), cooldown is shorter than duration so you can constantly have a supply of footmen :D
Yea, but not the the extent of you doing nothning, AKA massing.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
w00t. I won on first try with 1172 health!

Gameplay - 9/10
It was a fun map with a simple objective - defend the tower, of course. It was easy to understand at first glance, and if you didn't once you started the game, you would. There weren't any bugs or lagging or anything.
Suggestions: It would be more strategic and harder (in a good way) if there were more levels for the tower and more upgrades. That way, it actually matters what you get and tactics and strategy is needed.

Terraining and Overall Looks - 8.5/10
The terrain is nice even for a survival like this. It keeps the world of this map realistic while making it fair and working for the game. The skill effects are nice and flashy.

Extras - 8/10
The game itself, and the extra stuff, which is basically the whole game because it had more than one way of surviving, was great.
Suggestions: It would be even more fun if there were bonuses, extras, and whatnot. Like maybe every few minutes, something will come floating buy with items like summoning something, or maybe every few minutes, a target of a sort will fly by and you can destroy it and get bonuses.

Total Score: - 25.5/30
GREAT start and great game. It's fun, partly strategic in the beginning, and keeps you moving (your fingers at least :p).

Suggestions: You said something along the lines of this maybe becoming big one day. One way to do that is to make it multiplayer. Perhaps players could have their own tower and own little area to defend, and the first to lose would... be last place, lol.

U are a noob

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I didn't find this game challenging at all :(. Beat it on first try. Once you learn that footmen are the key simple micro got you the win.
I think you should at the factor where the key to the game is not winning or surviving but highest score.

Attachments

• Win.w3g
    76 KB · Views: 278

Rommel

Reaction score
I love AceHart, and this map is totally awesome, as usual, keep up your good job.
I hope will see more demo maps from you, my friend :D

ZiggyMcjoney

Data editor?! AAAHHHHH!
Reaction score
Lol, good 15 minutes of fun right here.

I got til 10 seconds left and a bandit lord with divine shield killed my tower.

Work on adding more replayability value, and perhaps multiplayer, and this game could be awesome ;p.

Well done otherwise.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
Update! :p

New version, new fun.

Yes, I was listening to the complaints about it being all too easy.

First try, right?
Spam Footmen, right?
Just click around, right?
I give you a right.
The right to fail miserably.

My general expectation is to see some complaints about how you can't win anymore.

Show me I'm wrong :p

Good luck.

Yes, it's still single player, 15 minutes.

Yours,
AceHart

The map, as usual, in post #1.

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
Yes, I was listening to the complaints about it being all too easy.

First try, right?
Spam Footmen, right?
Just click around, right?
I give you a right.
The right to fail miserably.

My general expectation is to see some complaints about how you can't win anymore.

Show me I'm wrong :p.
Well, it was super easy compared to the old version, I won with full health and mana without trying, and over 2,000 gold I think.. Heres replay.

Well, You made it more noob freindly anyways. If your going to make it this easy, maybe make it so we can chose how hard it is instead? Its kinda dull when you never feel in danger.

• The ending is so sudden. I forgot too mention it before, but I think it would be better if there was a "Final wave" or somthing at the end.
  • Units give too much gold.
  • Make it so charmed units can get items, not just footmen?
  • As far as I could tell, getting 5 of them just made me get another charge on my charm item. Maybe make it do differnt things differnt times? I got tons of charms, I kept using them a bunch but I still never used them all.
  • Footmen are really spamable still. I didn't try it last version so I can't compare..

Attachments

• EasyTowerDefend.w3g
    71.8 KB · Views: 288

Prometheus

Reaction score
New version -
Harder to spam footmen, but charm makes up for that.
Buyable health? Too hard to die.
I never ran out of mana.
The charms are very annoying to get!
Maybe make the add charm +1 and make it buyable.
Have creeps drop less gold or things cost more.
Gnolls! Or what ever it is. The ones that make the funny death sounds.
:thup:

Attachments

• Win.w3g
    65.5 KB · Views: 246

OneBadPsycho

Reaction score
> The tower can hit itself with the Firebolt ability

???

I upload a replay of the bug, its from 4:45 till the end of the replay... (Notice the swirling stun effect above the tower)

In the start of the map you couldn't attack your own tower, but my replay is the proof that you could do it later. :p

Attachments

• Bug.w3g
    24.7 KB · Views: 249

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
This one is easier than the last, especially because now you can heal your tower.
Suggestion:
-- lower the bounty OR increase the cost to heal
-- the "attack pattern" I was talking about is that you occasionally send 6 units at once, all of which can simply be killed by the Corpse Explosion ability even before they touch your tower
-- more ranged units, melee units can be killed easily before they touch your tower
-- improve the Click ability, for 2/4/6 damage per click, I wouldn't learn that at all

Some things I noticed are:
-- Golems are not affected by the Arrow ability (Phoenix Fire?)
-- Spawn Points can Heal :eek:
-- if a creep kills a Footman (or any unit you control) and there is no more unit around, it will stop moving (check my Replay)

Replay Version 1.21a

Attachments

• Defend The Tower 02.w3g
    65.7 KB · Views: 251
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.