WIP Defense of the Ancients : Revival

mylemonblue

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I just opened DoTA Wars and moved a few doodads, disabled and renabled a trigger, and saved the map and I did not get any errors :?

I have the newer version of JAssHelper and WC is patched to 1.23

mylemonblue

Reaction score
Playing as Puck right now D:
Sweet little bugger he is...

Yeah it tests just fine for me. Which is surprising since generally I have pretty bad luck with opening things like that :p

HeX.16

Isn't Trollin You Right Now
Reaction score
Hmm please check which version of jasshelper. And is there any way to downgrade my wc3 without reinstalling?

mylemonblue

Reaction score
I have the zip file of 0.A.2.B. which I figure is the latest version. I downloaded it and forgot to install it last time :eek:

And yes there is a way to downgrade without reinstalling. I have been doing it on and off for a while.

http://www.garena.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=700773
You don't need the stupid application to use the zip files. It has never worked for me. Just unzip them into your Warcraft directory and they will replace the files. Opening Wc3 it will display the version you just downgraded to. It is a good idea to keep a backup of the zip files and the 1.24 patch installer just in case :)

Red

Reaction score
Come on continue to update it! Items don't seems to appear on shops fix that. Continue to work on Heroes, Skills and Items.
Edited: The Revival is Near! Work on your Creeps/Buildings Stats and make those Creeps Upgrades itself after every 300 sec.

CungPowCow

Cool Member
Reaction score
I'm very sorry guys, but in the recent days I've had other things to do, cutting away from development time. If I regain the time, this map will go on, but until then, it is a "graveyarded project" so to speak.

This map will always be open to anyone wanting to edit it for their own use though. Anyways, I'm sorry, but it doesn't look like I'll be able to edit it again soon.

Durandal

Reaction score
This map is being developed on in the hopes that map makers may have an easier time making their own map better. I've always wondered how the game would be if there were certain additions to it that never were implemented into DotA Allstars, like a new hero or game-mode. This map I've been piecing together for few months now is here. It's not done but there is alot of headway made.

I agree, it may sound lame to do this, but it's for good reason. Why not try? There are heroes in other maps that aren't played often. If they could be tested in DotA Allstars it might give the creator a new view on how he/she could improve their hero, making more well-made maps. The reason why I feel the old template isn't good enough is because with the old one, you can't create a hero, get a few friends together to play your edited version, & after some tests get experience and data on what should be changed. With this, you can. Also, I do not support map stealing, I just think having something like this would help map makers make their own maps better.

I don't understand, could you put it to me in dumb people terms?

CungPowCow

Cool Member
Reaction score
I don't understand, could you put it to me in dumb people terms?

Easy translation:

This map is for mapmakers, not just players. DotA Allstars normally can't be edited, yet this can. This is not a deprotection. This is a recreation. Meaning, this is made from scratch, without taking work from DotA Allstars directly.

This may sound lame, but this can help mapmakers improve their maps. TheHelper's DotA Template isn't good enough. It doesn't have many features.

I don't like map stealing. Meaning, I don't want direct copies with different names. Edit this for yourself. Meaning, add your own work to your map, as well as this. :)

yami-joey

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
This is actually a cool project! ^^ I always wanted this kind of thing. Keep it up and if you need some help I'll try.

HeX.16

Reaction score
I recently made(with help from BlueMirage) Medusa's Mystic Snake in GUI if you want it.

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Elune Arrow has an 80 AoE and a ~857 movespeed.
It leaks and uses waits =.="

Alot of your coding has leaks in it...

I still don't get how this is going to be useful? People add their own stuff into the map? DotA and their map will be entirely different, how will it make mapmakers create better maps?

HeX.16

Reaction score
Sorry about that BlackRose.
CungPowCow can you please let me know if you are still busy making this map because i have made a DotA spell pack in GUI.

Spells
----------
Grave Chill
Counter Helix
Stifling Poison
Rocket Flare
Tidebringer
Spirit Bear
Freezing Field
Dream Coil
Soul Assumption
Morph (both ways)
Venomous Gale
Kraken Shell
Toss
EMP
Primal Roar
Backtrack
------------------
I dont want to post it here if you are not going to use it.

HeX.16

Reaction score
Meepo's ult and some invokers spells might be extremly hard or impossible in GUI.

HeX.16

Reaction score
Updating with new list of spells.

Spells
----------
Grave Chill
Counter Helix
Stifling Poison
Rocket Flare
Tidebringer
Spirit Bear
Freezing Field
Dream Coil
Soul Assumption
Morph (both ways)
Venomous Gale
Kraken Shell
Toss
EMP
Primal Roar
Backtrack
Fissure
Rapture
------------------
I have some1 else also starting to help me, hes started with Bristlebacks spells

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.