RPG Defiance's Open RPG -Sword of Truth-

Defi4nc3

Developer of DORPG
Reaction score
You can download SOT v007x here: http://epicwar.com/maps/94215/

Or you can visit the main website here: www.DORPG.net

For update notes and all that jazz it's all located on my forums...

As far as the newest version I will keep this post updated as well...

Description(as requested): Basically DORPG Sword of Truth is a ORPG that shows how far you can go to manipulate the wc3 editor... This ORPG contains legit and pro AI, dungeon scripting is done with precision and flawless triggering which will keep you entertained and on the edge of your seat. Fighting monsters in DORPG SOT is unlike most ORPG's, monsters in DORPG will work together, they also have a skill set of their own. Inventory is done with a custom Equipment System, you will find yourself having to equip weapons before attacking with a onscreen multiboard displaying equipment.

There are Mercenaries for hire which have smart AI to follow you around and attack who you attack while using their skills, you will have the option to turn AI on or off.

Quests are done with shadow's system, each Quest is player specific (everyone won't get spammed) the quests have real time updates, and reset when you repick. Some Quests offer different rewards depending on your class, Quests also sometimes offer random rewards. Every Quest isn't a kill Quest, sometimes you may be asked to trap animals or collect things, etc...

You will find yourself in Rich Terrain, sometimes overwhelming you will eventually get used to the feel and epic size of things. This was meant to capture the player in the world of DORPG yet you may find it frustrating at first you will come to appreciate the look and feel of things with enough play... Every area will be something to look at rather than just a eye sore...

The Game is heavily item based... You will find tons of unique items that have their own special abilities.

The good ol' DORPG loot room is included in SOT, everyone will get some loot for finishing dungeons! DP will be coming back as well!

You can find Scrolls which will allow you to cast additional spells, from anything to a water elemental to the spell sleep! You can even find scrolls which let you deal x your Attribute in damage to enemies! There is also MASTER Scrolls to be found which will allow unlimited use of the spell scribed to the scroll.

A Custom Buff system is used which allows you to have many beneficial buffs at a time while making every class valuable instead of seeing buffs over written once there are too many classes sharing the same abilities.

Descriptive Tooltips will be found in DORPG SOT, no half assing with grammar or text everything you need to know will be displayed.

This ORPG is heavily team based, you will want to bring friends... Pro Friends hopefully :)

There is a lot more I could add but you can find all the systems and info you need on the DORPG Forums

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Can you improve the map terrain now? Looked kinda, flat in all the other versions.

Defi4nc3

Developer of DORPG
Reaction score
Can you improve the map terrain now? Looked kinda, flat in all the other versions.

Oh... i'm sure you won't have a issue with this terrain... I do admit my old versions weren't to good but eh, you'll like this one..

Post more description of your map, thanks.

Usually the name speaks for itself but that would be assumption, so sure i'll update it with a little description.

Zwiebelchen

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
To be honest: I'm disappointed.
I love the old Defi4nc3 orpg. I spent countless hours playing it. The new one has nothing left of the old "charme". Its ... well, how can I explain it ... muddled? Dunno if that is the right word.
All in all; a step backwards from the "original" Defi4nc3 ORPG.
I even liked the terrain of the old rpg better than the new one. Which is kinda sad, because the terrain of the old one wasn't that brilliant. Terrain isn't the sum of doodads placed. Never. And you tend to use WAY TO MUCH doodads.

Scauldingpon

Reaction score
hahahaha you already have a donate system set up... better hope you get the following like you did with your other map.

Lamby

Reaction score
Are there gonna be any unique or creative dungeons this time? In the last game all the dungeons were were groups of enemies and a boss that was usually to hard to fight (except wolves and SGA for the timer thing, and ice for the easy little puzzle) without using the scream trick from banshees. Your map would be much better if your dungeons had some puzzles or something, or enemies that take skill to defeat instead of piling on the damage (like a boss who you have to lead onto certain areas to make him vulnerable, like a fire doodad or something). I liked the depth of the original one, except it was just kind of repetitive.

Defi4nc3

Developer of DORPG
Reaction score
Are there gonna be any unique or creative dungeons this time? In the last game all the dungeons were were groups of enemies and a boss that was usually to hard to fight without using the scream trick from banshees. Your map would be much better if your dungeons had some puzzles or something, or enemies that take skill to defeat instead of piling on the damage (like a boss who you have to lead onto certain areas to make him vulnerable, like a fire doodad or something). I liked the depth of the original one, except it was just kind of repetitive.

Dungeon Scripts in this ORPG are unlike most others, i'm writing my scripts comparable to most MMORPG's each boss fight in a Dungeon will be something to remember.

Tbh most any fight will not seem tiring and boring... Enemies are loaded with abilities to use, abilities get stronger and start to differ depending on enemy types, along with mini-bosses that have their own unique abilities, some mini-bosses may only spawn after you kill a certain amount of units or meet another requirement, a lot of thought will be put into making it a truly unique adventure.

The first Dungeon involves a idea close to the one you have mentioned... The Boss will place a fire buff on you which can only be lost by running in a nearby water pit :)~

To be honest: I'm disappointed.
I love the old Defi4nc3 orpg. I spent countless hours playing it. The new one has nothing left of the old "charme". Its ... well, how can I explain it ... muddled? Dunno if that is the right word.
All in all; a step backwards from the "original" Defi4nc3 ORPG.
I even liked the terrain of the old rpg better than the new one. Which is kinda sad, because the terrain of the old one wasn't that brilliant. Terrain isn't the sum of doodads placed. Never. And you tend to use WAY TO MUCH doodads.

As far as content goes the new one isn't even close to the mass of the old one so how can you compare? The amount of starting skills does not change the fact each Hero will have countless of abilities to use during this game.

WAY to many doodads is needed in certain areas, scaling the doodads bigger and placing less is one method but it looks messy. Terrain is supposed to fit a realistic fantasy theme, when you look around your room just count how many details your eyes can see, why not give them plenty to look at in game too?

Your opinion will change over time. You'll have countless hours to play here as well, but sadly atm the game is in Alpha maybe you should wait til around v010+ and you will enjoy it more.

hahahaha you already have a donate system set up... better hope you get the following like you did with your other map.

It will do fine, this ORPG will become exactly what the map size titles... "Epic"~

Lamby

Reaction score
Dungeon Scripts in this ORPG are unlike most others, i'm writing my scripts comparable to most MMORPG's each boss fight in a Dungeon will be something to remember.

Any examples?

EDIT: While the fire thing is good, that still kinda just falls under the other thing I said in my post of "too hard to fight without using the scream trick from banshees."

Defi4nc3

Developer of DORPG
Reaction score
And updated mine to respond to it.

You won't find it hard to fight at all, you get Warning Messages, PLENTY of time to dispose of the buff, and its not spammed upon you. Of course in later dungeons difficulty will increase, but early dungeons will show you how some of the systems will work...

There is tons more to the boss fights than what I just mentioned by the way, I just don't want to spoil it all.

And when I say "Scripted" this means that the main bosses will have their fair share of rude comments to say when they use their abilities on you, so you and your allies will have plenty of warning.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
Just played it for 15 minutes and finished what was there, I have some things to report though. :/

With what was there it was way too easy to level, but too hard to survive at times.

Some parts were heavily terrained, or too small, to fit at times. Some heroes were unable to get past certain points, and were forced to take different paths.

Defi4nc3

Developer of DORPG
Reaction score
Just played it for 15 minutes and finished what was there, I have some things to report though. :/

With what was there it was way too easy to level, but too hard to survive at times.

Some parts were heavily terrained, or too small, to fit at times. Some heroes were unable to get past certain points, and were forced to take different paths.

What your reporting is basically whats intended, i'm sure you've missed some areas if you only played for 15 minutes, as some areas are hard to navigate through a lot of paths are hidden.

Don't worry you only start in the Forest but once moving out Terrain gets lighter, still haven't created a town yet.

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Played it and beat the troll dungeon. The game is much better than before, the Item system is great, the terrain is improved. For the terrain, some places look like you spammed doodads just to have doodads. Other than that, the terrain is good. Might wanna use custom trees to. There shouldn't be a timer for how long it takes to choose a item after beating a boss. I was reading my 5 items and before I read all of them, I died. You should change that. Also, the troll dungeon is it finished? Just a question because when you enter the room with trolls spawning, after you kill them, you teleport to like 5 different area's. Might want to change that too. Its a big improvement and i like it.

Scauldingpon

Reaction score
Nothing really new. Wasn't impressed at the moment. It seems like your old map without a spell book.I'll check back later when there's more to it. Plus i agree with Lamby's thoughts. in the troll dungeon get some flava, there should be traps, at least for that one have it so someone gets poisoned or something and make it a random part aht will trigger it. I had a couple of traps in an old old old rpg i made that i dont have the map anymore.. but still have the ideas.

Defi4nc3

Developer of DORPG
Reaction score
Nothing really new. Wasn't impressed at the moment. It seems like your old map without a spell book.I'll check back later when there's more to it. Plus i agree with Lamby's thoughts. in the troll dungeon get some flava, there should be traps, at least for that one have it so someone gets poisoned or something and make it a random part aht will trigger it. I had a couple of traps in an old old old rpg i made that i dont have the map anymore.. but still have the ideas.

It's a beginning dungeon... As I said difficulty will rise with later dungeons~

Defi4nc3

Developer of DORPG
Reaction score
Played it and beat the troll dungeon. The game is much better than before, the Item system is great, the terrain is improved. For the terrain, some places look like you spammed doodads just to have doodads. Other than that, the terrain is good. Might wanna use custom trees to. There shouldn't be a timer for how long it takes to choose a item after beating a boss. I was reading my 5 items and before I read all of them, I died. You should change that. Also, the troll dungeon is it finished? Just a question because when you enter the room with trolls spawning, after you kill them, you teleport to like 5 different area's. Might want to change that too. Its a big improvement and i like it.

I must apologize, there is no loot room timer that bug was supposed to be squashed with v004, I just fixed it now.

As far as the troll dungeon goes, yes it is finished and you only teleport to one area, the main arena.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.