Define hardcore gamers

ertaboy356b

Old School Gamer
Reaction score
I got sick and tired of people defining hardcore gaming as a game with a lot of blood and violence.. I think they are mislead..

Hardcore gamers should be define as those who play any games to perfection.. They play hard and long just to perfect a game rather than finishing it.. That's what I call hardcore!

Hardcore gamers aren't picky.. They don't pick games to play.. They just play.. Violence is not hardcore, it's mature.

So what if people play GTA.. They are not hardcore gamers.. I doubt most of them can't even start the first mission..

I know a friend who is a hardcore O2Jam player.. He beats every song almost perfectly..

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure the term "hardcore gamer" is based on number of hours/day or /week played.

ertaboy356b

Old School Gamer
Reaction score
I mean, 99% of the people in the internet defines hardcore gamers as those gamers that plays violent games like God of War for example.. It's a 5 hour game for God sake, it's not even long enough to be hardcore!

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
I agree with sqrage. Almost everyone I know would define a hardcore gamer as this:

A person who spends ridiculous amounts of time playing video games and screaming at them when he dies/loses. Hardcore gamers care not about having a life and will usually skip important things for the sake of gaming. For example, school or a job interview. Hardcore gamers let nothing interfere with their games.

Here are a few examples of what hardcore gamers might say:

"I DONT CARE IF I MISSED OUR STUPID DATE, I JUST F***ING DIED BECAUSE OF YOUR CALL."

Billy: "Mom I can't go to school. I'm playing Starcraft with Korean people."
Mom: "No Billy you have to go to school." *Turns off computer*
*Billy kills his mom*

Police Officer: "Unfortunatley I have to inform you that all your friends and family passed away in a car accident."

Joe: "Way to go fa**** I just f***in died."

ertaboy356b

Old School Gamer
Reaction score
Then why does people who owns a PSP calls themselves hardcore gamers..

They call those who have a DS 3 year olds.. WTH!! The DS can kill you more time on one game than the PSP can in 3 games..

My friend has a PSP and I have a DS and guess what, he calls himself a hardcore gamer.. He can't even finish Naruto Ninja Council 3..

I don't even call myself hardcore for playing JRPG games spending almost 10 hours a day when I have the chance.. (when I have the game)

For now I'm stuck with Super Princess Peach lol

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
ive never seen people with a DS be called a hardcore gamer. And they call themselves hardcore gamers.

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score

They call those who have a DS 3 year olds.. WTH!! The DS can kill you more time on one game than the PSP can in 3 games..

My friend has a PSP and I have a DS and guess what, he calls himself a hardcore gamer.. He can't even finish Naruto Ninja Council 3..

I don't even call myself hardcore for playing JRPG games spending almost 10 hours a day when I have the chance.. (when I have the game)

Now you're dragging your friend into it and for all you or I know he has the IQ of a nut. Pretty sure if you mention the words "hardcore gamer" to anyone out there they will think of a person who devotes long periods of time to rush through whatever current title (s)he's playing.

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
Here are a few examples of what hardcore gamers might say:

"I DONT CARE IF I MISSED OUR STUPID DATE, I JUST F***ING DIED BECAUSE OF YOUR CALL."

Billy: "Mom I can't go to school. I'm playing Starcraft with Korean people."
Mom: "No Billy you have to go to school." *Turns off computer*
*Billy kills his mom*

Police Officer: "Unfortunatley I have to inform you that all your friends and family passed away in a car accident."

Joe: "Way to go fa**** I just f***in died."

nah. They never would say something like this. The TRUE dialogs would look like this:

--------------- [doesn't have a date]

Billy: --------- [gaming]
Mom: "Billy? BILLY?"
Billy: --------- [gaming]
Mom: "BILLY!!!!!!"
*Turns off computer*
*Billy starts engine of car*

Police Officer: "Unfortunatley, Billy, I have to inform you that all your family have been killed by a mad car driver. Sadly, he couldn't be identified." [doesn't have friends]
Gamer: "I know. When will they respawn?"

AnthraxXx

Reaction score

I guess for PSP users you'd have to play games that require skill to become hardcore, day + night, as long as possible - ONLINE. Like Final Fantasy Dissidia, and other combat games.

For DS, maybe... erm... yeah... Super Mario Kart online ?? I dunno.

For all other consoles, to be hardcore you'd have to play as much as possible whenever you can. ONLINE. I cannot stress this enough, you can't be 'hardcore' when you're only playing yourself, it defeats the whole purpose of playing 10+ hours a day.

Just my two cents.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
I don't understand what the big deal is still.

ertaboy356b

Old School Gamer
Reaction score
I guess for PSP users you'd have to play games that require skill to become hardcore, day + night, as long as possible - ONLINE. Like Final Fantasy Dissidia, and other combat games.

For all other consoles, to be hardcore you'd have to play as much as possible whenever you can. ONLINE. I cannot stress this enough, you can't be 'hardcore' when you're only playing yourself, it defeats the whole purpose of playing 10+ hours a day.

Just my two cents.

But how can you play hardcore if the game you play is only a few hours long??

And it's boring to repeat!! you know what I mean.. Replayability is 0

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
All this debate over what a "hardcore gamer" is? wow.

Because there is no official definition, a hardcore gamer is subjective. It is an opinion.

But most people would agree with the term being determined upon the hours spent on gaming. You can be a hardcore hello kitty gamer for all I care.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
I mean, 99% of the people in the internet defines hardcore gamers as those gamers that plays violent games like God of War for example.. It's a 5 hour game for God sake, it's not even long enough to be hardcore!

No, thats not what a "Hardcore Gamer" is, that is a "hardcore game". Hardcore Game != Hardcore Gamer, you're getting these confused.
Hardcore gamer is a person that spends most of their freetime gaming(or that is what is socially accepted as the definition), whereas a hardcore game is one that is violent, bloody, hard, ect ect...

There is NO SUCH THING as a "definition" of hardcore gamer. I personally find myself a "hardcore red bull drinker", but there will ALWAYS be someone that drinks more of them. Always. And anyways, what makes my ideas of a hardcore drinker right? My opinions, and opinions aren't facts.

/thread
;)

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score

Just my two cents.

so there is no hardcore tetris player?

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
An hardcore gamer to me is the same as a dedicated gamer.

A hardcore gamer never complains about graphics being bad because he played on dos.

A hardcore gamer don't care about a little lag because he has played on amiga.

A gamer of today scenario:
Gamer walks by the store and reads a news header that says "New pacman version to be released now in 3D".
Thoughts: F'n crap, when is the next <insert game name here> coming out:(

Thoughts from a hardcore gamer in the same scenario:
Man, those where the days, I wonder if I can get that old pacman to work on my new comp^^

A hardcore gamer is a gamer that does not let anything stay in the way of his love for games, no matter how small or how large they may be.

Then there is other crap that we got today:
hardcore wow gamer
hardcore pokemon gamer
hardcore tetris gamer
hardcore cod gamer

those are not hardcore gamers, they are only hardcore players of a single or a pair of games, a hardcore gamer plays all games.

Ethan here is the closest thing to a hardcore gamer today(the brownhaired dude):
http://www.cad-comic.com/cad/20041222

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
An hardcore gamer to me is the same as a dedicated gamer.

A hardcore gamer never complains about graphics being bad because he played on dos.

A hardcore gamer don't care about a little lag because he has played on amiga.

A gamer of today scenario:
Gamer walks by the store and reads a news header that says "New pacman version to be released now in 3D".
Thoughts: F'n crap, when is the next <insert game name here> coming out:(

Thoughts from a hardcore gamer in the same scenario:
Man, those where the days, I wonder if I can get that old pacman to work on my new comp^^

A hardcore gamer is a gamer that does not let anything stay in the way of his love for games, no matter how small or how large they may be.

Then there is other crap that we got today:
hardcore wow gamer
hardcore pokemon gamer
hardcore tetris gamer
hardcore cod gamer

those are not hardcore gamers, they are only hardcore players of a single or a pair of games, a hardcore gamer plays all games.

Ethan here is the closest thing to a hardcore gamer today(the brownhaired dude):
http://www.cad-comic.com/cad/20041222

He's holding a World of Warcraft box. LOL.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.