Delay for Attack / Attack Orders

Yoww89

Reaction score
Delay of Attack / Attack Orders

Unlike many people think, setting both the unit's Animation Damage Point and Attack Cooldown Time to 0.000 won't make its attack instantly.
The result will be even worse if we use the action
Trigger:
  • Unit - Issue Order(Attack) Targeting A Unit

I created this tread to share my findings, making it easier if someone end up with the same questions I had.

>>1: Between the action
Trigger:
  • Unit - Issue Order(Attack) Targeting A Unit
and the unit actually start the attack there is a 0.100 delay. This is impossible to change. Thanks Blizzard. <3

>>2: The delay between the attack start and the damage being dealt is equal to Combat - Animation Damage Point value.

BUT there's one thing to add: You can't make it less than 0.010!
I know what you're thinking: "Yes I can, I just went to Object Editor and did it" and let me tell you: "No, you didn't." Altought the Object Editor will accept the 0.000 valor, the game won't, just like a lot of other data on WE.

Did I said one thing to add? Well, it's actually two: The thing that actually changes this delay is IAS (Increased Attack Speed)
As IceFrog taught me by Dota Mechanics :D, an unit's IAS can't be greather than 400% and lower than -80%. So in the case you're trying to make your unit's attack as fast as you can, setting the Damage Point to the minimum of 0.010 and giving it 400% IAS will make this delay 0.002
The actual formula is: Delay = (Damage Point) / (1 + IAS)
For example, giving -80% IAS to that same unit will make it 0.010 / 1 - 0.80 = 0.050.

>>3: This way the delay between the trigger action and the damage being dealt will be the the sum of these two. (Oh, really?)
Making the minimum delay for triggered attacks equal to 0.102

Note:
Setting the Art - Animation Cast Point of unit to 0.000 and ordering it to cast a unit targeting spell will indeed make it instantly, so that's the way to go for Dummy Casters.

I included a test map if anyone wants to try it.
And yes, english isn't my first language :)

Attachments

• Attack Delay.w3x
    26.3 KB · Views: 285
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.