General Delta Airlines Is Very Sorry It Generated a Confirmation Code That Read “H8GAYS”

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
H8GAYS.

That’s the confirmation code a Delta Airlines customer saw on his boarding pass earlier this month. Naturally, he was pretty shocked.

“At first I didn’t think I read it right,” Jeff White, a student at the University of West Florida, tells the Washington Post. “I was worried that another customer might think I somehow picked that code. If I were a gay male, I might have thought that a Delta worker purposely gave me that code, and that would have made me extremely uncomfortable.”

Delta has apologized for any “concern or misunderstanding” and explained that the codes are always computer-generated completely random. A Delta rep tells the Post that the airline will make every effort to prevent a similar combination of letters and numbers in the future.

So yes, this was probably just an honest, computer-generated error. But as White points out, it’s a bit surprising that Delta didn’t block this particular combination as a possibility. “I’m sure they removed many four-letter words that would be seen as offensive,” he tells the Post. ”I’m surprised that ‘gays’ and ‘H8’ weren’t blocked as well.”

If anything, perhaps airlines should begin deliberately generating more positive codes to please their customers. Who wouldn’t enjoy looking down at a boarding pass and seeing URAQT or LUV4CATZ?

Source. (Times NewsFeed)

Solu9

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
-"Naturally, he was pretty shocked."
-"So yes, this was probably just an honest, computer-generated error."

It's a number, it's a randomly generated code.
My god, people get's offended by anything.

Laugh at the coincidence , and move on. The Airline company should have laughed at this story as well instead of apologizing.
I would have written "even a gay person would have found this coincidence funny" but judging by the article he/she would probably have sued the company.

Edit:
Gays are bitter lol

Jeff White isn't even gay.

Personally I would have smiled, taken a picture of the ticket and posted it on facebook for others to giggle at.

Solu9

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
People loves to get offended

Yeah true. The problem is it affects everyone when their tight-ass personality get's hit and they complain about something completely irrelevant as this, and some kind of restriction is made up.
Rules and regulations always and everywhere.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.