Defense Demise of Atlantis

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
Demise of Atlantis [Version 1.3 Released]

demise.jpg

Current Version: 1.5

Last Update: January 3, 2009

Please show your support by posting in this thread [Garena]

.....Demise of Atlantis is a Castle Defense (X Hero Siege) game where you get to defend the Orb of Atlantis with your hero. The twist is, you get to customize your hero, with the skills you like and the attributes you need. You get to choose 4 basic skills and a single ultimate. Each time you level up you gain additional 3 attribute points which can be distributed to you strength, agility, or intelligence. You can also gather up some attribute points by completing some quests. If ever you grow tired of killing the waves, you can challenge your team mates for a duel inside the arena.

maps_21046_preview.jpg

Some Screenshots
CustomHeroes.jpg

OriginalTerrain.jpg

StatBasedSkills.jpg

UniqueMultishots.jpg

CustomAbilities.jpg
Downloads Download Old Versions Here
Drops of Atlantis 1.0 Alpha Version (977.3kb)
Mirror 1 (Epicwar)

Demise of Atlantis 1.0 Alpha Version (1032.5kb)
Mirror 1 (Epicwar)

Demise of Atlantis 1.1 Alpha Version (1252.4kb)
Mirror 1 (Epicwar)

Demise of Atlantis 1.2 Sneak Peek Version (1701.5kb)
Mirror 1 (Epicwar)

Demise of Atlantis 1.2 (1974.6kb)
Mirror 1 (Epicwar)

Demise of Atlantis 1.3 (1867.6kb)
Mirror 1 (Epicwar)

Demise of Atlantis 1.4 (1872.1kb)
Mirror 1 (Epicwar)

Demise of Atlantis 1.4b (1980.6kb)
Mirror 1 (Epicwar)
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Old Notes:
1.) I've decided to change the title of the game from "Drops of Atlantis" to "Demise of Atlantis" and since I've had no updates yet, I made another alpha. Though not much has changed, same items same waves, different skills! The tooltips consumed a lot of my time. More to come in the future.

2.) Not much yet huh? This is still in Alpha, too early to be beta. But anyway I'm releasing it to have a foresight of any improvements that I should focus on. There is nothing much to see in this Alpha version, though I would like you to download it and leave some comments, suggestions, and any other reports about the game. Hope you like it even though it is still in alpha.

Ivach

Reaction score
Ok, I think there's something wrong with the attachment. Whenever I try to download it it said invalid attachment specified or something.

FhelZone

Reaction score
That is weird, the attachments works fine with me. Try to refresh and download again?

megaflame566

Reaction score
Played the map its seems fun the tool tips where not there so that was hard but im sure your going to put some in

If you need any help let me know

FhelZone

Reaction score
Actually I'm working on the tooltips right now :D I'm still looking for a decent loading screen. And I still need to work on the waves and other minor features.I currently have 10 waves only, and I will add some more maybe next time.

Ivach

Reaction score
Ok, just played through it.

One thing I noticed was the distinct lack of tooptips, guess they haven't been implemented yet, no worries. I picked the phantom assassin, and she seemed to have 15 on every attribute. Are all the heroes this way?

The abilities were rather interesting. There weren't many at the moment, so I couldn't really mix and match. Thought I would like to see abilities that can work well with each other, and are fun to mix with. As opposed to other custom hero defense maps, where only one build ends up being the strongest. Example, the hero with cleave/multishot, endurance aura, damage aura etc. Any custom map that can avoid this will be deviating from many maps that fall into that trap, and allows for a much more dynamic and fun gameplay. Basically, allow players to be innovative, and creative when selecting their skills.

As for the creeps, they all seemed rather generic. I was hoping to see more varieties in each wave, as well as abilities that adds to the challenge of the map.

Can't really say much about the items at this moment. You have the usuals such as potions and stuff. Hopefully the recipe shops will house a lot of unique and interesting items.

The terrain was rather well done. It really added a nice feel to the gameplay.

So far it's only an alpha, so I might be wrong to assume that it's still bland. Still, I think this map has potential. Hope to see more of it soon.

FhelZone

Reaction score
Thanks for the constructive comments Ivach, it really helped a lot to my development. tooltips are still being constructed, I did not implement it yet for balancing purposes, since some data are from the triggers I could just type down the data, and might forget to replace it.

Some abilities were not implemented yet and are just hidden behind the abilities section - it takes too much effort just to implement a single ability. I would still be importing some skills from my other WIP map, which is an ORPG, it had some eye candy skills :) As much as possible, I keep the abilities with custom effects, the original abilities seems to be too boring for me already.

The potions were necessary for the players to survive the insane like creeps that attacks. Though I'm planning on adding more kinds and varieties of potions.

Thanks for downloading and playing.

BTW, passive skills are not that powerful enough in the end, the active skills are actually based on your attributes :D Though you might not know, there are no tooltips for starters hehehehe.....

FhelZone

Reaction score
I'm just not that sure, because I have not upgraded yet. Though every code was made in GUI. And I didn't even use newgen for the project.

Yoshii

Reaction score
1st link is broken i get attachment problem
im dling and will edit back my reply

FhelZone

Reaction score
Oh, I actually accidentally deleted the specific attachment, I leave it to epicwar then.
Anyway, there has been a large improvement in my progress. I've implemented more skills, though it won't still suffice for a beta version.

- Skill Restrictions (Not implemented in Alpha)
- Skill Combo Restrictions (Disable taking two skills that creates an imbalance effect)
- Specific Multishot Skill (The Multishots projectile will match your heroes projectile)
- Bonus Waves (Just kill for fun and Gold!)

The unit waves is progressing very slowly, I would still like to focus on skill making first.

Also, I made a simple loading screen, hope you like it.

atlantisloadingscreen.jpg

BTW. Can somebody test it on 1.24, I don't know if it is compatible with that version.

Yoshii

Reaction score
I killed the elemental so I assume that was the last wave , I even used my infernal to kill the tidal guardian in the back

i used Divine shielld, frost aura, brawler,greater bash and infernal
thing to note.
1:The player doesnt know the current status of game if they are on wave 2 5 7 or 31 we cant see any progress
2:To be honest custom stats idea great on paper but in reality people will just mass one stats; i used the tauren and was getting owned badly until i saw I had forgot 30 stats; I put all point into STR and owned everything and I assure you had I got an agi hero thing would of been the same
3:the most annoying thing is having to buy potion in stack of 1; i had to the camp the building almost the whole game
4:Try to vary abit more on the mob
5: i liked the greater bash pushing back the mob althogu i only saw it proc 3 time in the whole game
6:right of the bat I bought 4 +5 armor and 1 15% attack giving me like 45% dmg reduce right at start of game.( I only saw the epic item after the elemental boss) and anyone that know how dmg work will buy that right off bat since it provide the greatest advantage in just a few point
7:Nice design on the implimentation/terrain and idea
8:Most player wont notice the stats thing probably just like alot people dont use their nanite shield in SWAT and die right at start of game.
9: the punishment for dying is a joke IMO; i know it cant be severe else people leave but its like 10second.
10: Cant recall more thing to note

FhelZone

Reaction score
1. Well, I still need to work on a multiboard and some game messages first.

2. Yup, they would just increase one stat, but in the end you still would need some other increment in different stats.

3. Well, I guess that would have been answered by a hot key :D

4. There are just 10 mobs right :D Though I would be making more mobs with variety.

5. The greater bash chance is low, but it also deals a damage that depends on you strength. Its main purpose is not to stun but to deal damage.

6. Attack speed would have been a better choice for starters, and I'm going to need to make a ping at the stores.

7. Thanks, I've been thinking of this terrain since erta boy and I planned a hero siege game.

8. The stats are really unoticeable, though I couldn't think of anymore stat system.

9. Well, basically you die and respawn at specific time depending on your level. Making a timer though is my choice to display when the player will respawn, the time is just short though.

10. There is nothing much to recall in an alpha after all.

Thank you for you useful review, I would make sure that this is valued much.

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
What about posting some screenies so we can see how it looks? :)
What about testing the map to see how it really looks :D.
But yeah, screenies should be included. I'll try and take some for you if you need them.
TESTING ON 1.24...

EDIT: It works on 1.24. However, Greater Bash seems crazy. About 3-4 hits of Greater Bash instant kills the Water Elemental thing.
Also, please nerf the Hydra's slow. It seems to stack 0_o

Yoshii

Reaction score
I also forgot; When I used Divine shield my character did not become invincible even though the buff icon said so, monster did not ignore me( proving im not invincible) so what does divine shield actually do?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    So what it really is me trying to implement some kind of better site navigation not change the whole theme of the site
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.